All reviews bed dorm termini station luggage room enjoyed my stay own bathroom air con around the corner rooftop bar rooms are clean stayed here for nights location is great by foot main attractions alessandro roommates lock bunk
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Even it was very short stay the staff of the hostel welcomed me very well and provided all necessary information. The room was clean and as expected. Overall stay was really good. Would recommend as I stayed there before.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Hostels_Alessandro, Public Relations Manager at Alessandro Palace Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Peto,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
We are glad to read you would recommend us :)
We hope you had a good time at the Alessandro Palace & Bar and our services have been useful for you to enjoy your holiday in Rome.
Best regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

This is a typical party hostel - lots of fun and basic but comfortable rooms.

We had great fun at the hostel bar before going out - cheap and cheerful.

Rooms basic (shower pressure not great) but clean and comfortable.

People can be quite loud when they come back late and you do hear them from outside your room. But if you're here for fun rather than an early night then that wont bother you.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hostels_Alessandro, Public Relations Manager at Alessandro Palace Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Mel W,
Thank you for posting your review.
We are glad if our evening program made your trip something special.
Hope you enjoyed it and see you one day again!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

best staff, clean room and bathrooms, a kitchen and two bars (one on the roof!) where you can make new interesting friendships! the hostel also organizes some nice evenings

the area where the hostel is located is near to some supermarkets, the metro, the bus station, and Termini station

i suggest this hostel to everybody who wants make a funny and relaxing holiday in Rome

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hostels_Alessandro, Public Relations Manager at Alessandro Palace Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear francescapieropan97,
Thank you for your review.
We are happy to read it. Hope you have met lots of nice new people and made friend with them, then it would be our pleasure if this trip in Rome has been full of nice memories for you.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I stayed in an 8-bed mixed ensuite. The room was alright. The aircon wasn't all that strong but it was just enough for the summer heat in mid-July. The hostel location is just 10 minutes away from Roma Termini station; very convenient if you just take the direct train from FCO airport and walk out for a bit. Check-in was fast and fuss-free. Now that we have the basic stuff out of the way let me move on to the focus of my review. Alessandro is a great place to meet new people, from all over the world. I had such a great time at the rooftop bar; made many new friends over the affordable drinks. If you're into cocktails try the Sex in the Hostel -- it's great ;) Perhaps I was really lucky but I had amazing roommates that I got to talk quite a bit to. I think Rome is amazing, but the new friends I made, took the entire experience to a whole new level. Left Rome with a heart so full and warm.
If I'm ever in Rome again I would come back here to stay.

Room tip: I don't think you get to choose which room, and noise level is really subjective as it depends on who else ends up being your roommate.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear kingjunny,
Thank you for posting your review.
It is our pleasure that you enjoyed your hostel experience during your stay.
You know the "Hostel"!
When you will come back to Rome, yes! we are looking forward to seeing you!!
Thank you one again for choosing us.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Like other's have said, the staff and the hostel, in general, is a good atmosphere. They have activities going all week, although sometimes it can get a little loud at night when people are coming down from the rooftop. And there is a nice restaurant across the street with a great breakfast menu. However, upon switching rooms to 212 (second floor) I began to notice bite marks on my legs. At first, I wasn't sure if the bites belonged to another insect, as I didn't find any evidence of bed bugs. However, it became very obvious the day we left and 2 days after I got home that I had 30+ bed bug bites. I didn't see reviews on this issue before, or else I wouldn't have stayed here. Luckily (if you want to call it that) this was at the end of our 2 week trip, and I was able to fumigate my belongings at home, instead of spreading it to a different hotel/hostel. If you are feeling invincible, book it. Otherwise, I suggest you take your business elsewhere until the infestation is fixed.

Room tip: Loud on the high floors due to the rooftop bar, but I didn't get bed bugs until I moved from 4th floor to the 2nd floor. Your choice.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hostels_Alessandro, Public Relations Manager at Alessandro Palace Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Ashley S,

We are sorry for the unpleasant experience you had to go through. We pay our maximum attention in order to prevent the bug problem.
However, unfortunately those bugs are continuously brought into the hostel by the travellers.
We have a contract with a professional pest control company who applies disinfection in regular basis. The treatment is constantly made room by room in routine throughout the year.
It is regretted you had the problem. The bugs should have been carried in just some days before you stayed, as the room was treated in the current month of July.

Again we are sorry for you.
At the same time, thank you for reporting it. A proper care has been carried out to the room and it is totally clean by now.

p.s. We would like to leave also an opinon on this review. The back ground in your pictures does not seem to be our place (we do not have “love pink” bed cover). Also you wrote you travlled for two weeks and our place was the last. We supposed it cannot be dennied the possibility that you picked the bugs in your belonging at some previous place and travelled together.

Sincerely yours,