“Best cornet , pastry, cake place !”
Review of Dolce Maniera

Dolce Maniera
Ranked #23 of 318 Bakeries in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prati
Reviewed 11 April 2016

It was not hard to find. Close to the metro stopage and vatican city. Best for morning or evening snacks. The price is really cheap like 1 to 4 euros and taste is awesome. You should visit the place to taste the food and you will not regret it.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Last Saturday in Rome I bought a cake which was like a chocolate moose 8" round cake out of the fridge on a glass stand for €14.00, as a surprise for my friends family. When we cut the cake there was a strange taste and upon lifting the cake off the little platter it was on, the underneath was all moldy. I had shared this cake with my friends four children. I was so embarrassed and shocked.

On Saturday night I went with my friend back to the shop with the cake to complain as he is Italian he spoke with a man behind the counter, who basically did not really care and was not very sorry, he took the cake and saw the mold and asked if we wanted another, naturally we said no.

I was not impressed with the way this was handled except to say that neither I nor my friends in Rome will ever buy anything from this place again. In Dublin I would contact the Food Safety Authority and report this, however, in Rome I do not know where to go which is why I am writing this review.

2  Thank 559marie
Reviewed 10 March 2016

Questo stupendo forno lo conosco da quando sono bambina e mi ha sempre soddisfatto, il miglior forno in assoluto su Via Ottaviano. E' un piccolo forno in un piano sotterraneo, invaso da una montagna di cornetti, pasticcini e rustici, i prezzi sono accessibili per tutti, le varianti dolci e salate sono davvero innumerevoli. Le signore al banco sono sempre carine, simpatiche e gentili.
If you walking through the center of Rome, understood a street via Ottaviano, you MUST to switch to this amazing power to oven. When I' ve known it when I'm little child and has always satisfied me <3
It ' a small oven in an underground floor, flooded with a mountain of croissants, pastries and rustic, the prices are for all people, little and senior, the sweet and savory are truly endless .
The ladies at the desk are always nice, friendly and kind <3

1  Thank 77eyes
Reviewed 4 March 2016

I have been visiting la dolce maniera since 2000. What an amazing store, i know personally both the owners and I consider them now after all these years, friends of mine. The bakery has everything sweet that you can possibly think. It is a perfect stop to try all traditional sweets of Rome.

1  Thank Cuatrodivas
Reviewed 29 February 2016

we loved this little bakery so close to where we are staying. They have great sandwiches and pastries at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Danielle H

Been to Dolce Maniera? Share your experiences!