“Best Restaurant Entire Visit!”
Review of Papa Rex

Papa Rex
Ranked #241 of 12,973 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$18 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Visiting Italy, I thought the food would be amazing, only to be sadly disappointed in realizing that it wasn't that good. Papa Rex, however, is the exception because the food here was so flavorful and delicious!!! Unfortunate for us, we happened across this gem on our last night in Rome, rather than our first night. Otherwise, this would have been the ONLY restaurant I would have eaten at the entire trip. I don't really like fish, but everyone always says how good it is in Italy, so I decided to at least try it and so I ordered the Mediterranean Sea Bass, WOW was it good!!! So packed with flavor and fresh, didn't taste fishy at all. I seriously ate the whole thing, minus the skin & bones! Then came dessert...the waiter just described the flavor as peach, so I have no idea what it was actually called, Lol! Seriously, the best cake I have ever eaten in my life. To describe it, it was like a hybrid cake & cheesecake with a decadent raspberry sauce that was to die for!!! I will definitely eat at Papa Rex my next visit to Rome.

paolosalemi, Direttore at Papa Rex, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear Shannon,

thank you very much for visiting us and we are glad of your nice experience in our restaurant.

We hope we can guest you soon.

Paolo

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I had just finished a tour of the Vatican and was left stranded by my tour guide. I tried to find my way back to where I started but got completely lost. I ended up down some side streets but saw the warm, inviting lights of Papa Rex.

The restaurant is run by gentlemen. They provide the highest, most personal service. Stefano was serving me and he chose me a lovely Chianti to have with my Devil’s pizza.

The restaurant was very full by the time I left and I can see why. My wine and pizza were lovely. A lady near me had a delicious looking fish filleted at her table. The food and service are wonderful.

My evening started with me being very worried and scared for being lost, to being comforted by the wonderful staff at Papa Rex. Thank you!

paolosalemi, Direttore at Papa Rex, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your comments. We work very hard and try to guarantee the best possible service, food and quality. It was a privilege to guest you in our place and we hope to see you again during your next trip to Rome!

Kindest regards

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Everything we ordered was awesome. And our server Stefan was very nice and helpful. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Ristorante Papa Rex is as good inside as it looks through the windows
Looking for a late lunch spot on a Friday afternoon in Rome is not exactly difficult but finding somewhere that offers good food and fair value can be a little more of a challenge when you are hoping for crisp white tablecloths and a little ambiance.

For us Restorante Papa Rex on the busy Via Aurelia met all our needs. It’s a short walk from St. Peter’s Square and we were told it can be busy, but was just comfortably active on this, our first visit.

Our meal started with a fresh green salad and both my partner and I commented on the dressing . . . so good. We followed that with a delicious lasagne and coffee. The house red was a surprise and a good one too. Excellent value.

Washrooms are on the lower level.

paolosalemi, Direttore at Papa Rex, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you very much for your visit!

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I dined at this lovely restaurant 10/12/17, our last night of a 4 day visit to Rome. The pasta and the fish we selected for dinner were very well prepared & delicious.

Service was average- we definitely had more attentive waiters at other restaurants in Rome.

We enjoyed an amazing lemon cake dessert / it was light, airy and HEAVENLY! Yes, we would def eat here again!