“Good food and service”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Everything we ordered was awesome. And our server Stefan was very nice and helpful. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Ristorante Papa Rex is as good inside as it looks through the windows
Looking for a late lunch spot on a Friday afternoon in Rome is not exactly difficult but finding somewhere that offers good food and fair value can be a little more of a challenge when you are hoping for crisp white tablecloths and a little ambiance.

For us Restorante Papa Rex on the busy Via Aurelia met all our needs. It’s a short walk from St. Peter’s Square and we were told it can be busy, but was just comfortably active on this, our first visit.

Our meal started with a fresh green salad and both my partner and I commented on the dressing . . . so good. We followed that with a delicious lasagne and coffee. The house red was a surprise and a good one too. Excellent value.

Washrooms are on the lower level.

paolosalemi, Direttore at Papa Rex, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you very much for your visit!

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I dined at this lovely restaurant 10/12/17, our last night of a 4 day visit to Rome. The pasta and the fish we selected for dinner were very well prepared & delicious.

Service was average- we definitely had more attentive waiters at other restaurants in Rome.

We enjoyed an amazing lemon cake dessert / it was light, airy and HEAVENLY! Yes, we would def eat here again!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Found papa rex near our hotel on the 2nd night of a 4 night break . Sat outside on both the nights we ate there ,on both nights the service was excellent and the food was very good . Had scampi on the first night and my wife had salmon ,the food was first rate ,on the 2nd night I had ravioli and my wife had steak ,the ravioli was delicious and my wife enjoyed her meal as well . Both nights were finished with tiramisu which was amazing . The staff were first rate and very attentive without being over bearing . Would certainly recommend papa rex ,great place and great staff.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere is very authentic and comfortable. The waiters are very nice and helpful and the food came quickly, I can recommend the lasagna.