1,246 results
All reviews great location campo di fiori within walking distance rooftop terrace main building rooms are small around the corner stay there again tiny shower pastries major sites front desk staff the air conditioning minute walk street noise walked everywhere fourth floor
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

It is a good hotel. Very Clean and is relatively close to sights. Just a little over 30 minutes from Vatican City by foot. The room is small, the bathroom is even smaller. The alley my room faces is loud due to foot traffic to businesses but mostly vehicles especially two wheeled vehicles. Most italian hotel beds are low to moderate quality and are two twins pushed together (no lying in the middle, no snuggling). The bathroom is cramped. Toilet, shower, and bidet are almost touching. The shower is approximately .6 x .6 meters (2 x 2 feet) the shower curtain cuts into the limited space. The breakfast was great. Good channel station selection. Trust me you want a comfortable room after a full day of activity and walking. This room is average.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We requested the service of transportation from the airport to the hotel. We were given perfect instructions on where to meet our driver. He was waiting for us when we arrived,. This helped us to get our trip started with ease. We arrived before the rooms were ready but the hotel has a locked room where our bags could be stored until we could check in. We inquired as to where we could get an Italian SIMS card for our phone and were given easy directions to the Vodafone store nearby. By the time we got back to the hotel, our room was ready. Although the rooms are not large, by American standards, it was clean and well appointed. This was the beginning of our 45th anniversary trip so our children had contacted the hotel and requested roses and wine for us. When we opened the door, they were there waiting for us. We needed a vase, and it was brought immediately. The hotel made dinner reservations for us, even suggested menu items when we asked. Our whole experience at Hotel Smeraldo could not have been better.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 66Marla
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Loved this hotel. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the location is perfect. Loved the roof top terrace, it was so relaxing after a long day of sight seeing. A very short walk to campo di fiori and piazza navona which was great for dinner. I would definitely stay here again; won't even look for something different.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2016

This hotel is ideally located, short walks to the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Campo De Fiori and Tratevere. The rooms are small, but clean. There is a very good breakfast and the rooftop bar is a nice place to unwind after a day of sightseeing. Most of the staff at the desk were quite helpful, others were rude. We were a party of six in three rooms. Unfortunately, the handle fell off of the toilet/bidet combination in my friend's room. She reported it to the front desk, telling them that it looked like it had only been glued together. Upon checkout, she was informed that they would be charging her 150 E for breaking it. She argued, but the charge remained. since they already had her credit card info. This incident certainly spoiled what could have been a very nice stay, and is certainly not what I would consider appropriate guest relations.

Stayed: September 2016
6  Thank Dona C
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed at hotel w/5 others on recommendation from co-worker who recommends this hotel regularly. Hotel, food, location were all great. However, when I checked in the handle on toilet/bidet broke off. My roommate thought it looked like it was glued on. I do not think I am strong enough to break a metal handle being a 63 year old women. The desk person (Walter) came into the room an was very rude. "The large circle on wall is for poop an the small circle is for the piss." The handle was for the bidet in the toilet. When I checked out they added $150 to my bill for the handle. The manager claimed he spoke no English an spoke thru the desk person. I tried to explain I did not thing I should be charged for this. The desk clerk tried to reason w/ the manager but he refused to budge. I offered to pay half in cash as a solution even though I did not think I should pay anything. The manager just left the room. I explained to the desk clerk I would never recommend this hotel an neither will my co worker. Management staff is also very rude.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends