1,196 results
All reviews great location bigger room apartment block walked everywhere fourth floor other attractions spanish steps by foot heart of rome gelato vatican city pastries trevi fountain
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Hotel Trevi is great at advertising, let me tell you. That is the only good thing I have to say about them. Oh, and some of the staff go above and beyond to help out. However, everything else was essentially terrible. Just a preface: I have NEVER written a bad review in my life, so just know, it is not commonplace for me to complain about anything. Continue reading if you want to hear all the details.

On their website, they display beautiful, chic, spacious rooms that are housed in what we came to learn was the “main building” of Hotel Trevi. These pictures are what we based our booking off of, not the rooms (yes, multiple) that we got saddled with. We checked into the main building where we had to wait 20 minutes for our room to be ready (other reviews have said they waited up to 5 hours) and the seating area was full of people waiting as well. I’ve never had to wait in any hotel I’ve stayed at before, even other European hotels.

On to the rooms... We had our luggage dragged out of the main building and down the street to another one of their properties. The room we entered was essentially a dungeon turned chic. The air conditioning units were fried and the room never got below 79 degrees F (26 C). So, after we called them to fix the A/C, we got our room changed, but alas, it was to another building right next to the main building. So we packed our stuff and the very nice, and hardworking man who had moved our luggage before, moved it yet again. The room we entered was essentially akin to a cabin onboard a ship, but a little smaller. The A/C worked in this room but the whole room was damp and humid and smelled of mildew. There was mold on the bathroom walls and right before falling asleep we found a slug crawling across the floor. I am writing this review whilst under the dampened, uncomfortable bedsheets which feel like I am lying in a freshly soiled tissue. Housekeeping never cleaned our room for the 2 days we were there.

Do not stay here, you will regret it more than anything. We paid $216usd a night. Not worth it at all.

Room tip: Stay in the main hotel only!
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

This place made us had a really bad time most of our trip.

First, the lobby is hidden. The taxi said that we needed to walk because cars are not allowed at the hotel street. It was raining and it took us like 25 minutes to find the hotel.

When we finally found the hotel, the recepcionist told us that they had a problem with their reservation system and that they were going to send us to another hotel just for that night, because they gave our rooms to someone else.

We were send to an HORRIBLE hotel with tiny rooms (hotel 4 fontana), awefull bathrooms that was in construction, and with elevator for only 1 person. But hey! they were nice enough to pay for our taxi to the new hotel (sarcasm).

The next day they took our bags back to the Hotel Trevi, and when we made the check in AGAIN! They told us that they were full in that bulding and that they were going to send us to another one “20 seconds walking distance”.

The rooms where nothing of what we saw on internet. The biulding was ugly and seems to be a department building. The rooms where “ok” not as good as they appear to be on the website we checked before booking it. And it was really confusing, we have to open with keys (not electric) like 5 different doors to get to our room, so if you forgot something on your room you’ll think twice before going back to get it because it take you like 10 minutes.
Elevator in that biulding was awefull just for one person and reaaaaally old.
The phone in one of our rooms never worked and we wanted a wake up call and no one could help us solve that.
They cleaned the room and never let us more toilet paper, and since we were in a different building, it took them like 30 minutes to bring us the toilet paper.

Even though receptionist was nice, their way of solving all the issues was THE WORST.

I would definately NEVER RECOMEND THIS HOTEL. It made us spend really bad moments on our trip.

Oh, and btw, the man who was cleanning one of our rooms was cleanning the floor with a cloth! Come on!!!!!!! How expensive can a mop be? Rooms are not cheap and they don’t seem to invest on them, at least buy some mops for your personell!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Great location,friendly and competent staff, quaint and quiet room. Stayed two nights and breakfast first day was ordinary but the second day, much better. Enjoyed our stay immensely. Visit the fountain very early in the morning before sunrise and wait. You miss the crowds and have an enjoyable experience.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2018

I’m extremely disappointed in my experience at this hotel! I feel like I was lied to....well I was....

My mother had booked it for our family vacation as she had a good experience last visit. She had stayed in the main hotel building and raved about the quality for the price.

When we checked in to start our family holiday, we were told that all the main rooms were booked. I found this odd as we booked over a year prior to the trip and had requested a room within the main hotel. Regardless, they said there was nothing available and they were “upgrading us” to the neighbouring building rooms. This was a complete lie; it was a major downgrade.

My father has accessibility issues and the building they put us in had the smallest elevator I had ever seen. Even once on the correct floor, there were many odd angled steps and stairs that he had to contend with. The shower was also very small and not very well kept. As we were only there two nights, I decided to try and make the best of it but, had be booked for longer, I would have invested the time and money into finding another hotel.

Room tip: Stay in the main hotel
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

The roof top terrace is great, a beautiful place for a drink on a warm summers evening with friends. A friendly hotel but this room is a short walk from the main hotel were you go for breakfast. Speaking of which the breakfast area is a bit chaotic as it's quite small. The room itself was modern and does the job.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple