All reviews roof terrace vatican city rooms are small within walking distance lovely hotel pastries other attractions around the corner breakfast is served public transport metro station walked everywhere concierge soundproofing euro neighborhood
Reviewed 18 April 2010

When you travel abroad you want to make sure you get in a hotel that is right. It can make or break a vacation. Every aspect of the dei Consoli was great. The room is comfortable and elegant, room service is great, hotel location is perfect, the breakfast was outstanding , the hotel is decorated very tastefully throughout with great first and fourth floor for the breaksfast buffet, and the service from all at the hotel is fabulous. Always happy to help you in everyway, and very professional. Always a feeling of elegance. We really felt like we were in Rome. Myt first time there and I am so glad that I picked the Consoli, and when I return to Rome I know I will be staying there. We were there for nine days.
Bobby and Gloria D'Angelo

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Dear Bobby and Gloria,
I am proud to read that yopu were very satisfied in all aspects of your trip during your stay ah Hotel dei Consoli. I am truly thankful to you for recommendaing the Hotel dei Consoli to all travelers, while putting in evidence that the room was comfortable and elegant, that the room service was great, that the hotel location is perfect, that the breakfast was outstanding and finally that the hotel is decorated very tastefully.
I am sorry for not having responded to your review in the past, but I am proud to have made your vacation pleasant.
Hope to have you again at Hotel dei Consoli…Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you and your Family/Friends a welcome drink.

Reviewed 25 March 2010

room was smaller than expected, but clean, & comfortable bed, larger than king size bed. Bathroom not big but good size shower. Despite double glazing, the road outside was noisy on Saturday eve, but not too bad after that. Breakfast served on 1st floor was good, cereals, fruit, yoghurt, cakes, pastries, scrambled egg & bacon. waiter makes you coffee if you want a capacino, or serve yourself. Very nice terrace with view of Vatican on one side. whole view of Vatican blocked a bit by buildings.
All said, had a good stay, very handy for Vatican, nearby metro(about 10min walk)
Not really a 4star, but they are very helpfull. Oh, NO tea/coffee facilities in room.
plenty of restaurants around to walk out to in the evening, depending on how far you want to walk, some within 5-10min, etc

• Stayed: March 2010

Dear Client,
I am truly thankful to you for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to all travelers.I am sorry for not having responded to your review in the past.
Hope to have you again at Hotel dei Consoli. We have opened now a beautiful Terrace-Garden with view of St Peters’ dome…Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you and your Family/Friends a welcome drink.

Reviewed 16 March 2010

Just left the Hotel dei Consoli a few days ago - GREAT place to stay! Found the front desk staff (especially Luca) very helpful - from asking about taxi rates to the stazione (way easier than lugging baggage up and down steps in the metro) to finding an electronics store when I realized I had left my cable for the camera at home. DOH! The room was quite small - but the bathroom was HUGE - and beautiful. Much nicer than my bath at home with a shower, nice big vanity and a bidet. The breakfast is very good - with eggs, yogurt and fresh fruit and a huge variety of pastries - and their cappucino is fabulous. The day I arrived, Fausto even left the breakfast open for me beyond the usual hours so that I could get a bite to eat and a good coffee.

The location is great - 10 min walk to the metro and 5 min to St. Peter's Square. There is also really great shopping just to the east of the hotel. Buses 19, 32 and 81 all go toward Pia. Venezia and stop right near the hotel on hte way back. Since the metro service is limited - I found it tough to get bus information until after I arrived.

To find the hotel from the metro (Ottaviano) - exit toward Via Ottaviano and then turn left. Walk down to the Square (Risorgimiento) and turn left again. Via Varrone is off of this street - about 1 block up. Make note of this - because Via Varrone is very small and not located on many tourist maps. I had a helluva time finding the place on my first try.

One restaurant you cannot miss is one block from the Ottaviano metro on Via degli Scipioni, 50 - called "Da Vito e Dina." Vito is a trip - not much English from him (or his wife Dina) but the food is outstanding - and very inexpensive.

I would absolutely come back to this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Lisagmd

Dear Lisa,
I am sorry for not having responded to your review in the past, but I am proud for the positive impact of the Hotel during your vacation.
I am truly thankful to you for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to all travelers, particularly for the Terrace, the cleaneless of the rooms, the staff and the Terrace..
Hope to have you again at Hotel dei Consoli. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you in person and to offer you and your Family/Friends a welcome drink.

Reviewed 9 March 2010

We've stayed at the Consoli six times, and have never had a complaint about anything. It's comfortable (nice firm beds and pillows), clean, and well-situated (we walk to everything), the staff is always friendly and helpful. They provide a nice breakfast, especially Fausto's excellent capuccino. There are other lovely hotels in Rome, but we're happy to return to the Consoli every year.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thosetwo

Dear Client,
I am truly thankful to you your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to all travelers.
I am sorry for not having responded to your review in the past, but I am proud to have made your vacations always pleasant.
Hope to have you again at Hotel dei Consoli. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you in person and to offer you and your Family/Friends a very warm welcome drink.

Reviewed 5 March 2010

Fantastic hotel, great location, welcoming and friendly staff, beautiful setting - all ingredients for a wonderful stay in Rome!
My Grandmother and I got a great deal for three nights at Hotel dei Consoli and we really enjoyed every minute of our stay.
The hotel is situated very close to the Vatican Museums and Piazza San Pietro, close to both buses and metro.

It's a beautiful building with twenty-something rooms which are tastefully decorated, not large, but very comfortable and clean. There's air conditioning with temperature adjustment, hairdryer in the bathroom, a minibar, clean and fresh towels as well as extra blankets and pillows.
The service is very attentive - helpful reception staff who speak very good English and will gladly assist to your needs, a friendly valet who will help you with your luggage and also a wonderfully polite waiter in the breakfast area.

The attention for details is outstanding. Everything from hotel stationery to receipts to bathroom appliances and the china used for serving breakfast is classy.
The breakfast, continental, is served between 7.30 and 10.30 in the morning. From the end of March, the rooftop terrace is also open and guests can enjoy breakfast or a drink while looking at the dome of St. Peter's.

Our beds were very comfortable, I can honestly say I've never slept so well during a trip abroad, even though Rome is a noisy city with loud traffic.
Our bathroom had a shower, which was perfect for my Grandmother, who can't get inside a bathtub anymore. There's also an elevator, which although small, fits about 3-4 people.

According to the site, there is Internet access in the rooms, but it turned out it wasn't included, 24-hour access will cost you 14.95 EUR and it's rather slow, so keep that in mind if you're traveling on business purpose and need to be online.

All in all, our stay at Hotel dei Consoli was a fantastic experience! I wouldn't doubt to recommend this hotel to anyone I know because of such attentive, high quality service.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank cristinablendea

Dear Cristina,
I am truly thankful to you and your Grandmother for having chosen the Hotel dei Consoli for your vacation to Rome.
I am happy you have appreciated my Hotel, the clean and comfortable rooms, the Terrazza, the breakfast, the staff help and efficiency, the wifi network. At this purpose, since Setpember 2012, I have introduced free wi-fi into the Hotel and we increased the coverage of the wifi network.
Thank you very much for the time you dedicated to your review and for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to all travelers.
Hope to have you again at my Hotel. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you and your Family a welcome drink.