“Best location in Rome”
Review of Hotel Dei Consoli

Hotel Dei Consoli
Ranked #487 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 7 November 2006

This perfect little hotel nestles in a side-street just a stones throw from the Vatican and excellent shopping. We were even in walking distance of the Coloseum, although the italian underground was very easy to use and cost next to nothing.

The Hotel really lived up to its four star rating , with polite helpfull staff, excellent decor and clean well equipt rooms.

We would definately choose this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2006
9  Thank stormrx8
Hotel-dei-Consoli, Manager at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Client,
Please accept my sincere apologies since nobody from our side answered earlier your very kind review. Also please accept my special thanks for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli.
Hope you would consider to visit Rome and our hotel again in the future, I am at your disposal for any support.
Warm regards,
Luigi Pirrò

Reviewed 13 October 2006

We loved this beautiful hotel.

The staff went to every effort to make us feel welcome and helped with directions, maps, luggage at every opportunity.

The hotel was wonderfully clean and the breakfasts were great.

Don't miss the fresh cappucinos.

The hotel is sited perfectly for visits to the Vatican and there is a Metro station a few hundred metres away for cheap and easy access to the rest of the city.

Although reasonably priced, the hotel felt as if we were staying in much more expensive accomodation.

October is a lovely month to visit and we hope to return to Dei Consoli soon.

Stayed: October 2006
18  Thank fergusonni
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear Client,
I am truly thankful to you for having described the Hotel dei Consoli as "a perfect oasis".
I am sorry for not having responded to your review in the past, but I am proud to have made your vacation very pleasant.
Thank you for recommending the Hotel dei Consoli to other travelers !!!
Looking forward to having you again here at the Hotel dei Consoli. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you a welcome drink.

Reviewed 9 October 2006

We stayed four nights at this hotel and found it to be wonderful. It was very quiet, the air conditioning was great, and the staff were very helpful, especially the man who serves breakfast. The bedroom and bathroom were small but perfectly adequate, with a good shower. The breakfast was outstanding, with pastries, fruit, scrambled eggs, meat, cereals, etc. Just a short walk from the Vatican. We even walked back to the hotel all the way from the Colisseum, which is a hike but doable.
Here's a tip - take advantage of the closeness to St. Peters and go there when it opens at 7 a.m. It was fantastic seeing this without any crowds around. Our traveling companions are not "morning people" and went later in the day, and were then quite envious of our experience.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
9  Thank misshr

Dear Client,
I am truly thankful to you for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to all travelers.
I am sorry for not having responded to your review in the past, but I am proud you found the hotel wonderful and that you enjoyed the roof top Terrace, the breakfast, the helpness of the staff, the rooms...
Hope to have you again at Hotel dei Consoli. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you and your Family/Friends a welcome drink.

Reviewed 22 September 2006

Great hotel. We would stay there again. The rooms are a bit small but extremely well kept. Nothing, absolutely nothing was broke - it looked like we were the first guests. Breakfast is excellent. Aircondition is quiet and effective. The rooms are quiet, except if you open the windows. The location is good, close to the Vatican, and about 20 minutes from the old center. A taxi from the Termini Station costs about 30 EUR at night. Bring a good map from the booking website - Via Varone, the street where the hotel lies, is so short that most taxi drivers don't know it.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Danishtraveller1

Dear Client/DanishTraveler,
I am sorry for not having responded to your review in the past, but I am proud to have made your vacation pleasant and that you recognised how excellent the breakfast was/is and how effective and silent the aircondition was/is.

Reviewed 16 September 2006

I was actually booked at another hotel, and was bumped at the last minute to this one. I'm glad I was, because this hotel was quite nice. My room was small (average size for an older hotel in a city), but very nicely appointed - wood paneling, fantastic crown moulding, beautiful wallpaper, and soft sheets. Even though my room faced a busy street, it was very quiet, probably due to triple pane windows. The cable was good - several channels in English. Also, the breakfast was spectacular - I wish I hadn't been in such a hurry to leave and could have enjoyed it more. The only problem was that the front desk attendant on duty for most of my stay was very cranky. He spoke English, and I'm sure would have helped me if I'd asked for anything, but would just be sort of surly about it. I'd still definitely recommend the hotel as a nice, luxuriously appointed small hotel near the Vatican.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Emmers00
Hotel-dei-Consoli, Manager at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear client,
thank you very much for your so kind and detailed review. I am so sorry that nobody answered to you in the past. I apologise.
Hope to have you again at Hotel dei Consoli.
I am at your disposal in case of interest.
My best regards,