All reviews roof terrace vatican city rooms are small within walking distance lovely hotel pastries other attractions around the corner breakfast is served public transport metro station trip to rome walked everywhere concierge soundproofing euro neighborhood
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Excellent hotel, located 10 minute walk from Vatican City. Staff were all brilliant and knowledgeable. No onsite restaurant, but they recommended a restaurant 5 minutes from the hotel which offered very good reasonable food.

Very quiet on an evening. Rooftop bar would be good in summer, however was a little cold on an April Evening,.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Hotel-dei-Consoli, General Manager at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Dear Greg,
thank you for your review and recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to other travelers.
it is a pleasure to read you had an excellent stay and enjoyed location, staff and rooftop.
Hope you will be able to visit again in summertime to fully enjoy our terrace at night.
It would be my pleasure to have a drink with you.
With the kindest regards,
Luigi pirrò

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

We visited Rome for our friends 70th birthday. We chose this hotel as it was within walking distance from the Vatican. On arrival the guy on reception was polite and pleasant.
As previous reviews the rooms were rather small, double bed, wardrobe, chest of draws with the tele on. There was really no room to be able to put the suitcase down or put ur toiletries/make-up.
The bathroom was clean and tidy, the shower could do with updating but ok.
The dining room was on the terrace which I'm sure would be beautiful in the sun. The floors were very uneven, would be difficult if u had a walking stick or unsteady on ur feet. The coffee and orange juice were nice but that was it. The breakfast was less than adequate in my opinion.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Heskey13
Hotel-dei-Consoli, General Manager at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Heskey,
thank you for your review of Hotel dei Consoli.
I am happy you are quite satisfied with your stay because of hotel position, staff politeness and the terrace. Considering your kind consideration, we have improved the breakfast since your stay on April 2017.
luigi pirrò

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

On arrival last night for a room booked in December we were sent to another room four blocks away. I booked a hotel with a roof terrace and now I am staying in a hotel with nothing. As described but other writers the man on reception is rude and unhelpful - the receptionist at where we have ended up was at least helpful. The bathroom is awful with a shower so tiny that when you shut the door your nose presses on the wall. There is mould on the tiles and ceiling. This is substandard to what was advertised. Can't wait to go home.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy_Main

Dear Mandy,
I am sorry you have been unsatisfied about your stay.
Regarding the fact you say "you were sent to another room four blocks away" I want to make clear that in our website the Dependance is well described as a indipendent location from main building. I am sorry if you booked the dependance while thinking of booking the main hotel. As you have been told during your stay, each client at Dependance is however very welcome to hotel rooftop for breakfast, for a drink or just to sit and read or just relax.
With kind regards,
Luigi Pirrò

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

A very pleasant hotel. Well situated and welcoming. Comfortable beds in cosy rooms. Highlight was breakfast on the terrace. Good choice and pleasant surroundings. I would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in the vicinity of the Vatican.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,
thank you for your review and recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to other travellers.
I am satisfied you had a pleasant stay at our "lovely little hotel" and I look forward to having you again with us in the future.
Luigi Pirrò

Reviewed 25 March 2017

I would have rated the hotel alone 3 stars however the staff were very polite and helpful and deserved the 4.The rooms were small but adequate for a short stay ,they were in good decorative order and very clean.There were no tea or coffee facilities in the rooms which would have been nice however these are available from the roof bar.The breakfast area was dated but again was clean and although the breakfast choice was limited it was ample.The location was good for the Vatican and metro but was not as lively on an evening as the Spagna region.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms below the roof terrace are noisy at times.Check the air con works asap.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel-dei-Consoli, General Manager at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear Sara,
thank you very much for your review of Hotel dei Consoli.
I am happy you enjoyed your "excellent stay" with us, particularly with regards to staff support and courtesy.
I do look forward to have you again with us in the near future.
Luigi pirrò