All reviews roof terrace via cola di rienzo vatican city rooms are small within walking distance lovely little hotel pastries an excellent hotel other attractions around the corner breakfast is served public transport metro station trip to rome walked everywhere varrone concierge
Reviewed 20 August 2009

Beautiful hotel, fantastic location, exeptionally helpful, friendly and polite staff. Food was wonderful, as was room. Exceptional value for money and best hotel I have ever stayed in!If you want a hidden gem of a hotel, just by the Vatican, with luxurious rooms and prosfessional, helpful staff, then book a room or suite at 'Hotel Dei Consoli'!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Client,
I am proud to read your review of Hotel dei Consoli that you describe as an "Amazingly beautiful, womderful hotel" (hidden gem).
Thank you for putting in evidence the "fantastic location, exeptionally helpful, friendly and polite staff" and the "Exceptional value for money"...
I am sorry for not having responded to your review in the past, but I am proud to have made your vacation so special.
Hope to have you again at Hotel dei Consoli. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you and your Family/Friends a welcome drink.

Reviewed 16 August 2009

I took my wife to Europe as a surprise for her birthday. We stayed 3 nights at this hotel as we wanted to be near the Vatican where most of our scheduled activities we located. My wife truly fell in love with the hotel. It is quaint and certainly boutique by American standards but the rooms are a good size and the fit and finish of the hotel gives it a high-end feeling. The bathrooms provide more room than most comparable hotels and the location for anyone wanting to be closer to the Vatican than not can not be beat. The service was outstanding and the terrace breakfast was excellent and provides something for both American and European pallets. We certainly plan to return to Rome and we will stay again at Hotel Dei Consoli.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Client,
I am truly thankful to you and your Wife for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to all travelers.
I am proud to have made your vacation pleasant and also I am sorry for not having responded earlier to your review in the past.

Reviewed 11 August 2009

My wife and I were booked into the Amalia Hotel, but for some reason were transferred to its "sister hotel" Hotel dei Consoli. We could not have been happier. On our early arrival, the front desk staff was very polite, offering to take our bags and suggesting a restaurant to visit.

Our room on the first floor was spacious. With all the reviews on European hotel rooms being small, I had been a bit concerned. Our room had a large bed, plenty of room to get around, a jacuzzi tub with shower, at least 12 foot ceilings, french doors to a small balcony, etc. The bed was very comforable and we slept great. Rooms were very quiet. We'd often spend some time there in the afternoon cooling down and making plans for the rest of the day.

Breakfast was very good -- a nice, small buffet with cold fruits and danishes, hot eggs and ham, juice, breads, milk, coffee, expresso, etc.

Location was great. We were steps from the Vatican, restaurants, bus stops, metro stop, and gelato shops. It was quiet in the evenings, and a great place to head out to all the sites.

The personnel were very polite and helpful. We really appreciated the front desk staff. They provided us with maps, directions, bus schedules, metro information, restaurant suggestions, info on tipping, etc.

When we return to Rome, and we will be back, we will stay at the Hotel dei Consoli again. The best way I can sum up my experience is this: I've never left a review for a hotel before (although I often send notes to the hotel if I've had a good experience), but we were so happy with Hotel dei Consoli that I wanted to put this out as an additional Thank You to the hotel and it's staff.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear Client,
what a detailed and great review... sorry for not having responded to your review in the past.
I am truly thankful to you for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to all travelers.
We look forward to to having you again at Hotel dei Consoli. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you and your Family/Friends a welcome drink.

Reviewed 9 August 2009

we booked our hotel through 1800 hotels our original booking was for the amalia hotel , we recieved no explaination from the amalia why we we not staying there but we arrived late due to a delayed flight and were taken by the night porter to this hotel , it was a delight , the rooftop restarant was fabulous with a view of the basillica and the breakfast choice was excellent , rooms though small was perfectly formed and shower room spotless with a lovely shower . The location could nt have been better we could walk to all major attractions or get the metro , only a few mins walk . The area was safe and well lit. there were plenty bars and restuarnats nearby ,with a lovely resturant directly across the road.The staff were polite and helpful . All in all a wonderful experience.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Dear Client,
Thank you very much for the time you dedicated to your review and for your strong recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to all travelers.
Hope to have you again at my Hotel. Please, next time, contact us directly in order to support the planning of your trip and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you and your Family a welcome drink.

Reviewed 6 August 2009

Would prefer to have a further rating of good for this hotel - but not available. For me the pros and cons are as follows:
Pros - double glazing. Last time I stayed in Rome I went for a cheap pension near Spanish Steps where noise from cobbled streets and scooters made sleep impossible. Double glazing as others have noted is very good in this hotel. We were on the corner and with windows shut, noise was minimal.
Location - Vatican side I think gets you better value. Nearby buses and Metro make everything easy to get to. This is also more a middle class Italian area with lots of restaurants all busy with Italians and little risk of tourist rip offs together with good middle of the road shopping - go to Spansih steps for the upmarket.
Room decor - as per web site. Not my taste particularly, but quite well done. Room size OK for Rome.

Cons - sells itself as business friendly. I had problems with my computer which they could not assist with at all - I found out it is was my IT dept fault, but their lack of knowledge was obvious. They had an available hotel lap top but the internet speed was totally pathetic - fine for 10 years ago but not for today.
Bathroom -shower head sprayed everywhere as the seal had gone.
Breakfast - friendly service, but middle of the road Mediterranean breakfast served -i.e ordinary. 3 star Italian hotels in my view have very ordinary breakkfasts.
Service - a bit begrudging for the most part from front desk.

Overall, I was happy enough to stay there, but would not go back again. Prices off season were OK, but I think Rome prices in peak season make it a poor value city at that time.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Hotel-dei-Consoli, Manager at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear Client,
sorry for such a late answer to your kind review and I am so sorry that your expectations were not met.
We usually collect great comments on many aspects such as sleep quality, courtesy of personnel and breakfast that now it sounds surprising to me to read your comment. However, thank you for informing of the events that happened during your stay and please apologize for them.
I hope you would consider to come again to our hotel and in this case I am at your disposal to support the planning
Luigi Pirrò