All reviews roof terrace via cola di rienzo vatican city rooms are small within walking distance lovely little hotel pastries an excellent hotel other attractions around the corner breakfast is served public transport metro station trip to rome walked everywhere varrone concierge
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for our 2nd part of honeymoon in italy.
The hotel is in a great location near the vatican. Friendly staff, clean rooms/bathroom, quite basic to be honest. Being our honeymoon i orginally booked a deluxe room with jacuzzi. When we got to the hotel, i was booked in a standard room. As the hotel was busy and over booked we had to keep that room for 1 night and change rooms the next day to a bigger room with a jacuzzi for the remaining stay which ended up not working. But other then that our hotel was in a good location near vatican, near metro station and saint angelo bridge and also a restaurant right outside hotel which was nice.The breakfast room is located on the roof terrace which was nice aswell.

1  Thank ChryssoG
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear Sir/Chris,
I am truly thankful to you and your Wwife for having chosen the Hotel dei Consoli for your honeymoon to Rome.
I am happy you have appreciated my Hotel, the “great location”, the “friendly staff”, the “clean rooms/bathrooms”, the breakfast and our Terrazza.
Thank you very much for the time you dedicated to your review and for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to travelers.
I truly apologise for the issue with the Jacuzzi bath that you have mentioned. I am sorry that the external maintenance took too much time to get and everything it was fixed only after your departure. Thank you for informing and for your kind patience.
Hope to have you and your Wife again at my Hotel. Please, next time, contact me directly at aconsoli@hoteldeiconsoli.com in order to support personally in arranging your next stay. I would love to meet you.
Kind regards, congratulations and much luck in life!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I have nothing but amazing things to say about this hotel. When I return to Rome, I will not return unless I can stay at this hotel. I was ill on my first day in Italy/Rome. The front desk arranged for a doctor to come in. They were extremely helpful in helping us find a restaurant, plan our trips, giving us directions, etc. The rooms are small but very beautiful, (and most importantly) CLEAN and well maintained. The breakfast was simply amazing. We ate breakfast on the terrace every morning. The location is fantastic. You can go out for dinner, shop, see the sites and simply walk back to the hotel. It was about a 10 minute walk from the Vatican. You never have to worry about making it to a shuttle/bus/taxi. You will hear people coming up and down the stairs, but in my experience in Italy, that is a small price to pay for all the perks of staying at this hotel. A special thanks to Fabrizio! Nothing makes a guest happier than a helpful, patient (my boyfriend is an extremely nervous individual who usually gets on people's nerves... but Fabrizio was not phased!) and funny individual. I will definitely return to this hotel for my next trip to Italy in August.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Axl R
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear John,
I am truly thankful to you and your Family for having chosen the Hotel dei Consoli for your vacation to Rome.
I am happy you have appreciated my Hotel, “the very nice, clean and comfortable” rooms, the Terrazza, the breakfast, the staff help and efficiency, the wifi network (at thid purpose, in these past days, I have introduced free wi-fi into the Hotel).
Thank you very much for the time you dedicated to your review and for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to all travelers.
Hope to have you again at my Hotel. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you and your Family a welcome drink.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed at the Dei Consoli Hotel for 5 nights. The hotel is situated within a 5 min walk to the Vatican which is fantastic. It is also close to transport - a 2 minute walk to Ottaviano Metro Station as well as buses and trams 1 minute away. You can buy a 1, 2 or 3 days tourist ticket which you just punch once and which you can use on any city public transport. There is a market right around the corner for fresh fruit etc if you want. There are heaps of restaurants within seconds from the door. Rooms aren't huge but are very nice and clean, comforable and airy - with a fridge. We were supplied extra pillows on request. We had a good quiet nights sleep on our comfy bed each night. The rooftop garden restaurant was nice and a decent breakfast was provided. Good wifi was available at a reasonable cost - with a choice of by the hour or day (While travelling I learned not to mind paying because free wifi is always slow and usually disfunctional). Staff don't gush all over you but they are helpful and efficient. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants value for money.

Dear John,
I am happy you have appreciated my Hotel, “the very nice, clean and comfortable” rooms, the Terrazza, the breakfast, the staff help and efficiency, the wifi network (at this purpose, in these past days, I have introduced free wi-fi into the Hotel).

Reviewed 24 June 2012

This hotel is situated close to the Vatican and has very comfortable rooms. Breakfast is usually served on the roof top with a pleasant morning breeze, The staff are very helpful. The rooms are quiet and have king sized beds or twin beds, air conditioning, mini bar and safes. There is no coffee/tea making facility but there is room service.

Close by is a range of shops and restaurants. I particularly recommend "La Fiorentina" Via Andrea Doria - excellent for evening cocktails (try Negroni) and/or breakfast, lunch, dinner! Take bus 492.

Many buses (plus Tram 19) are available from Pz Risorgamento or from the roads by the hotel. Very useful is bus 81 which will take you on a route covering most of the sites of Rome. Nearest Metro is Ottaviano (Metro Linea A) with connection to Spanish Steps, Barberini (for Trevi) and Termini (Station). Buy a weekly ticket at any station which covers buses, trams and metro and is a big saving.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and have stayed here twice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
LauraHotelConsoli, Proprietario at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Dear Giovanni,
I am truly thankful to you for having chosen twice the Hotel dei Consoli for your vacation to Rome.
I am happy you have appreciated my Hotel, particularly the comfortable rooms, the Terrazza, the central location.
Hope to have you again at my Hotel. Please, next time, contact Laura, our Marketing and Sales Manager at laura@hoteldeiconsoli.com in order to support you in arranging your next stay. I would also love to meet you in person.
Finally I would strongly appreciate if you could join our Facebook pages “Hotel dei Consoli – Vaticano” and “Terrazza Hotel dei Consoli”.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We booked this hotel through a fantastic deal on booking.com and were more than happy with the value of this well located hotel which was positioned very near to the Vatican. We arrived at lunchtime and our room was ready for us. The rooms are very small, with good air conditioning and a hard mattress and even harder pillows .. The lift too is tiny .. But good things come in small packages. The staff were lovely and friendy and the breakfast on the rooftop terrace was a delight .. Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, yoghurts, cereal, cake and croissants. The coffee was good too. The rooftop terrace could be used at any time during the course of the day/evening and was a lovely touch that made the hotel special. Wi-fi was free for the first 24 hours and then was chargeable.

The hotel was situated on a busy shopping road with lots of designer clothes shops, ice cream shops and a spar supermarket a few roads away. Word of warning - dont drink in the main square at the top of the road, unless you are happy to pay €16 for a litre of beer. However if you cross the Tiber and head up the backstreets there are some lovely bars, restaurants and eateries which are reasonably priced. The abbey theatre is an Irish bar but serves lovely food and has an Authentic italian feel despite being an Irish bar! Certainly for the european footie it brought lots of nationalities together to chat about the football and support the various teams. Into the Jewish quarter the food is yummy too.

Rome was very hot when we visited , 35 C but we managed to fit all the major sites into 3 days.. Armed with hats, sunscreen,good fitting shoes and plenty of water. You can top up water bottles at any of the water fountains which can be found scattered around the city. The metro is a good mode of travel if you don't want to walk the cobbled stones in the searing heat, but walking allows you to find the hidden gems of piazzas and churches that you just stumble upon.

All in all we had a great time in the city and the hotel dei consoli is a great base , if you can't stand the heat , try to visit at a cooler time.. But if you do have time to spare for yourself, visit villa borghese for a relaxation time and just sit and chill away from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear Client/Shazzy,
Thank you for recommending the Hotel dei Consoli to other travelers!!!
I am truly thankful to you for having chosen the Hotel dei Consoli for your vacation to Rome. I am happy you have appreciated my Hotel, that “you were more than happy with the value of this well located hotel which is positioned very near to the Vatican”. Thanks for offering your experience communicating that “the staff was lovely and friendly”, that “the breakfast on the rooftop terrace was a delight (Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, yoghurts, cereal, cake and croissants)”, that “the rooftop terrace was a lovely touch that made the hotel special”, that wi-fi was OK (at this purpose, in these past days, I have introduced free wi-fi into the Hotel), putting in evidence the location (“hotel situated on a busy shopping road with lots of designer clothes shops, ice cream shops and a spar supermarket a few roads away”).