“Great Hotel near Vatican!”
Review of Hotel Dei Consoli

Hotel Dei Consoli
Ranked #524 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My family and I (3 adults and 2 teenagers) were in Rome and stayed at this hotel June 30-July3 (3 nights). It was just perfect in terms of location, accomodations, terrasse, breakfast and staff!
Samuel greeted us upon our arrival and was extremely helpful in getting us settled in eventhough we were there before check in. His pleasant attitude and helpfulness really started our Rome exercusion off on a great footing.
The hotel is perfectly located in my opinion as it was close enough to the center but fair enough to be an oasis at the end of a day filled with walking. We would head back to the hotel after dinner and would enjoy a nice bottle of wine on the terrasse!! So perfect!!
We were so excited to be there on July 1st, the final game Spain vs Azzurri for the Eurocup 2012. What an experience to be in Rome during this time. The hotel set up a big screen on the terrasse to watch the game and we did while we sipped more wine. Truly one of my most memorable expeiences for this trip.
This hotel was highly recommended to me by a friend that visits there every year and I am so thankful for her advice because this is truly a great hotel and I will look forward to my return to Rome and will definitely stay here again.
I highly recommend to all!
Ciao Roma!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MirellaV101
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear Mirella,
I am truly thankful to you and your family for having chosen the Hotel dei Consoli for your vacation to Rome.
I am happy you have appreciated my Hotel, its location, the accommodation, the Terrazza, the breakfast and the staff. Finally, also the Euopean final football match within Spain and Italy over our megascreen in the Terrace.
Thank you very much for the time you dedicated to your review and for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to all travelers.
Hope to have you and your family or friends again at my Hotel. Please, next time, contact me directly at aconsoli@hoteldeiconsoli.com in order to support personally in arranging your next stay. I would love to meet you.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for our 2nd part of honeymoon in italy.
The hotel is in a great location near the vatican. Friendly staff, clean rooms/bathroom, quite basic to be honest. Being our honeymoon i orginally booked a deluxe room with jacuzzi. When we got to the hotel, i was booked in a standard room. As the hotel was busy and over booked we had to keep that room for 1 night and change rooms the next day to a bigger room with a jacuzzi for the remaining stay which ended up not working. But other then that our hotel was in a good location near vatican, near metro station and saint angelo bridge and also a restaurant right outside hotel which was nice.The breakfast room is located on the roof terrace which was nice aswell.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChryssoG

Dear Sir/Chris,
I am truly thankful to you and your Wwife for having chosen the Hotel dei Consoli for your honeymoon to Rome.
I am happy you have appreciated my Hotel, the “great location”, the “friendly staff”, the “clean rooms/bathrooms”, the breakfast and our Terrazza.
Thank you very much for the time you dedicated to your review and for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to travelers.
I truly apologise for the issue with the Jacuzzi bath that you have mentioned. I am sorry that the external maintenance took too much time to get and everything it was fixed only after your departure. Thank you for informing and for your kind patience.
Hope to have you and your Wife again at my Hotel. Please, next time, contact me directly at aconsoli@hoteldeiconsoli.com in order to support personally in arranging your next stay. I would love to meet you.
Kind regards, congratulations and much luck in life!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I have nothing but amazing things to say about this hotel. When I return to Rome, I will not return unless I can stay at this hotel. I was ill on my first day in Italy/Rome. The front desk arranged for a doctor to come in. They were extremely helpful in helping us find a restaurant, plan our trips, giving us directions, etc. The rooms are small but very beautiful, (and most importantly) CLEAN and well maintained. The breakfast was simply amazing. We ate breakfast on the terrace every morning. The location is fantastic. You can go out for dinner, shop, see the sites and simply walk back to the hotel. It was about a 10 minute walk from the Vatican. You never have to worry about making it to a shuttle/bus/taxi. You will hear people coming up and down the stairs, but in my experience in Italy, that is a small price to pay for all the perks of staying at this hotel. A special thanks to Fabrizio! Nothing makes a guest happier than a helpful, patient (my boyfriend is an extremely nervous individual who usually gets on people's nerves... but Fabrizio was not phased!) and funny individual. I will definitely return to this hotel for my next trip to Italy in August.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Axl R
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear John,
I am truly thankful to you and your Family for having chosen the Hotel dei Consoli for your vacation to Rome.
I am happy you have appreciated my Hotel, “the very nice, clean and comfortable” rooms, the Terrazza, the breakfast, the staff help and efficiency, the wifi network (at thid purpose, in these past days, I have introduced free wi-fi into the Hotel).
Hope to have you again at my Hotel. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you and your Family a welcome drink.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed at the Dei Consoli Hotel for 5 nights. The hotel is situated within a 5 min walk to the Vatican which is fantastic. It is also close to transport - a 2 minute walk to Ottaviano Metro Station as well as buses and trams 1 minute away. You can buy a 1, 2 or 3 days tourist ticket which you just punch once and which you can use on any city public transport. There is a market right around the corner for fresh fruit etc if you want. There are heaps of restaurants within seconds from the door. Rooms aren't huge but are very nice and clean, comforable and airy - with a fridge. We were supplied extra pillows on request. We had a good quiet nights sleep on our comfy bed each night. The rooftop garden restaurant was nice and a decent breakfast was provided. Good wifi was available at a reasonable cost - with a choice of by the hour or day (While travelling I learned not to mind paying because free wifi is always slow and usually disfunctional). Staff don't gush all over you but they are helpful and efficient. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear John,
I am happy you have appreciated my Hotel, “the very nice, clean and comfortable” rooms, the Terrazza, the breakfast, the staff help and efficiency, the wifi network (at this purpose, in these past days, I have introduced free wi-fi into the Hotel).

Reviewed 24 June 2012

This hotel is situated close to the Vatican and has very comfortable rooms. Breakfast is usually served on the roof top with a pleasant morning breeze, The staff are very helpful. The rooms are quiet and have king sized beds or twin beds, air conditioning, mini bar and safes. There is no coffee/tea making facility but there is room service.

Close by is a range of shops and restaurants. I particularly recommend "La Fiorentina" Via Andrea Doria - excellent for evening cocktails (try Negroni) and/or breakfast, lunch, dinner! Take bus 492.

Many buses (plus Tram 19) are available from Pz Risorgamento or from the roads by the hotel. Very useful is bus 81 which will take you on a route covering most of the sites of Rome. Nearest Metro is Ottaviano (Metro Linea A) with connection to Spanish Steps, Barberini (for Trevi) and Termini (Station). Buy a weekly ticket at any station which covers buses, trams and metro and is a big saving.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and have stayed here twice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
LauraHotelConsoli, Proprietario at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Dear Giovanni,
I am truly thankful to you for having chosen twice the Hotel dei Consoli for your vacation to Rome.
I am happy you have appreciated my Hotel, particularly the comfortable rooms, the Terrazza, the central location.
Hope to have you again at my Hotel. Please, next time, contact Laura, our Marketing and Sales Manager at laura@hoteldeiconsoli.com in order to support you in arranging your next stay. I would also love to meet you in person.
Finally I would strongly appreciate if you could join our Facebook pages “Hotel dei Consoli – Vaticano” and “Terrazza Hotel dei Consoli”.