All reviews cleaned every day air con stay there again italians hob tram 5euro trastevere furniture cappuccino
Reviewed 16 September 2018

My wife and I stayed here this summer. The hotel is located outside the tourist area of central Rome and as such it was cheaper to stay here. It is in a quiet residential area. We found the hotel to be a great base for exploring Rome. It is a short 10 min stroll from the tram stop and from there only 15 mins on the tram to virtually the centre of Rome.
The hotel was clean and our rooms were cleaned every day. There was always an English speaking person on the front desk 24 hours a day and they were always very helpful and friendly and advising us what to do and where to go if we asked. We had booked a room only but we were able to purchase a good breakfast in the dining room each day if we wished for 4 Euros which I thought was very reasonable. The room we had didn't have kitchen facilities ( I'm not sure whether this applies to the other rooms ) but it did have a mini fridge which we found very useful. We were able to purchase some cheap plastic cutlery from a shop and buy some milk / breakfast provisions and eat in our room each morning if we were in a rush and didn't have time for the dining room so the fridge was a real bonus for us. There is also a room with a room where you can leave your luggage on your last day if you have had to vacate your own room.
Five minutes walk up the road was the local railway station which was only one stop / 5 minutes from the Vatican so in combination with the local tram stop down the road this hotel is very well placed for getting about Rome easily. Using public transport in Rome is really easy. On our first morning we took a 15 min stroll down to Trastevere railway station ( passing our normal tram stop ) where we each bought a weekly transport ticket that allowed us unlimited use for a week on the trams, buses and LOCAL railway service.
A word on visiting Rome - plan your sightseeing itinery in advance and purchase / print out your entrance tickets before you go. Although we still had to queue a little bit in some places we missed out a lot of the really big queues. We were even able to book advance tickets for the fast train down to Naples at just after 9.00 and visit Pompeii one day. We were able to spend 7 hours in Pompeii and that amount of time is needed if you want to see / read everything!b
In summary this is a nice hotel in a nice enough location - well placed for transport. It is clean, the rooms are comfortable and shower / toilet facilities were good. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the price very good for Rome. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I had to move 3 times of room, the first room the shower was broken, the second there was a leak and the third the shower was a broken again.The customer service was terrible, every time I had to make a complaint about something, the staff was really did and unfriendly.All the rooms I've been were dirty and the cleanliness between our stay was poor, they never changed the towels and the bed was not made properly.They didn't offer anything to try to mitigate the inconvenience I had there and I only asked to do a check out later and not even.I left my bags there until the time for my train to Milan and when I went back I realized I forgotten a bag with some snacks in the room, of course the bag was 'lost'.

The wifi was working only in reception, in no room the wifi was working.

However, the worst part for me it's because I arrived in Milan with a lot of itching and now I discovered it's because there was bed bugs there.

I really do not recommend for anyone, I stayed in hostel in share rooms with 18 people which is actually much better.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Had a really lovely stay here from 8th to 13th June. Room very clean on arrival n cleaned daily with fresh towels n new soap. Staff are excellent n very friendly. Location is great for trams and Metro. Would really recommend this cheerful little place. We absolutely loved our stay here and would definitely return again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I will begin with the good parts of this hotel:
-polite staff
-distance from the tram stop
-sweets and coffee from breakfast

The things that i hated the most are:
-the wifi did not worked, i used my mobile data
-they have no parking area
-the room is dark, the light does not come in due to the dark curtains and the front building
-the bed is composed of 2 mattresses, which if combine, there is all the possibilities to fall between beds because the bed frame has wheels
-the shower is fixed
-regulate the water from the shower due to the tap, in the 5 days I spent at this hotel I preferred the cold water because I did not manage to control the hot water
-at the facilities say they own the kitchenette, but in order to use it you have to get out of your pocket 5 euro / day
-and the last one, and the most important, cleaning. I wanted to use a glass from the cupboard and i got the big surprise, the glass was dirty with traces of lipstick and the knives were dirty too.

I have uploaded 2 pictures of the glass and knives, hope TripAdvisor will accept my photos and you will see what i am talking about, i was really sick seeing this dirt on some dishes that i was about to use them.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, too expensive for what it can offer.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Excellent price with a good location. You get what you pay for. Rooms are a bit small and decorated like in 17th century. But it is not a luxury hotel to stay in the building and relax. It is made to be a place where you can get shower and sleep and it does it perfectly. Furniture is old and room may not be the best but its very very clean with fresh soaps and towels everyday. Keep in mind that you need to pay City tax extra after you leave hotel. 5 nights with 2 people and you have to pay 40 euro extra!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple