“Pleasant enjoyable and friendly hotel”

Hotel Roma Tiburtina
Ranked #526 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 15 May 2017

The location of this hotel is some way from the city centre. Don't let that put you off, it's a short walk (8mins) to Rebibbia metro station. The metro takes 20mins to termini and is very cheap.
This hotel is situated in a quiet area with very few local facilities for entertainment or restaurants, however we managed quite adequately.
The hotel was pleasant and clean. Breakfast was the usual continental style cheese meats and pastries etc.
It is obviously geared to single business travellers and our room was lacking sufficient towels for 2 people. This was quickly rectified
The daytime staff were superb and did their best to ensure all our needs were met, Abu the evening desk clerk was very pleasant, helpful and ensured we received all we needed after long days walking around Rome. All the desk staff spoke English and were happy to make any arrangements necessary to assist you in your stay.
One slight downside is that despite some very big signs, the hotel is hard to locate and our airport transfer obviously hadn't been there previously.
The free wifi was a little bit intermittent
We were more than happy with our stay and felt it was excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Room 23 has a view of the river
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 February 2017

I booked this hotel which was shown as 4 stars through booking.com when I was solo travelling through Italy. The rating was amazing and it said it is located in a quiet area of Rome. When I got there, it was in the most sketchy area of Rome, which later I found out it is one of the worst areas in Rome! The hotel is located at the end of a very quiet and scary street, 15 minutes walk away from the last metro station on the metro line. When I got to the hotel I saw that the name and stars of the hotel is covered with garbage bags and the hotel lobby area is absolutely empty!! No furnitures and not a single person what so ever. This guy came from upstairs saying oh hi and welcome! The elevator was not working and that single receptionist could not be more scary and rude. The room smelled like dead body! apparently the hotel was closed for renovation but they did book me in!!
I was so disappointed and checked out right away and changed my hotel. DO NOT RECOMMEND IT at all specially if you are a solo traveller!!!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
AdmirCela, Direttore at Hotel Roma Tiburtina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Are you sure that you stay at our hotel? Because your description does not reflect the comments below.
Please do not keep in mind this comment because it is defamatory.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

The hotel staff were very helpful and standards of cleanliness were high. The location is very convenient for Rebibbia Metro station; a journey of 15-25 minutes will get you to most of the city sights. Car parking was secure and as the hotel is on the outskirts of tbe city, relatively easy access; however, the signage is poor and Rome drivers don't generally seem to have patience or courtesy, so be aware to get in the right lanes, or be prepared for aggressive driving.
Only complaint was the poor standard of breakfast compared to other hotels visited on our trip.

Room Tip: Air-con will only work when a card is inserted into the room card-slot, but any credit card size car...
Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank alan k
Reviewed 4 May 2016

My friend and I stayed here for a few nights. The hotel is lovely and the location is good. It is a 15-20 min ride on the metro to centre. The room was very beautiful, very clean and quiet. I appreciated spacious wardrobe with a safe deposit box and mosquito nets in the room window. Wifi works well and the breakfast was excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful with information for getting to the city. The price is good.
My friend and I had a great time and I would definitly recommended this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank MonikaZadar23000
Reviewed 4 April 2016

I stayed here for a few nights on a business trip. Primarily I picked the hotel because it was in walking distance of the location for my meeting. But it should also work well for tourists, given that the subway station is just a stroll away, so one can reach the inner city in just a few minutes.

The room was clean, comfortable and well equipped, with fridge/minibar, safe, TV and free wifi. The wall sockets were of a design that fits both the Italian three-pronged plugs and the more common European two-prong plugs, which was good since I had forgotten to taken an adapter. Coming from northern Europe I was also glad about the air conditioning. While the hotel has good connections as mentioned above, several buildings shield it from the traffic noise of the nearby busy main street, so it was surprisingly quiet inside.

The staff was helpful and friendly. I can recommend the Hotel Roma Tiburtina and will stay here again on future trips.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business