“Relatively good”

Hotel Roma Tiburtina
Ranked #524 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 July 2015

The hotel is pretty nice for the area in Rome where it is situated. Has all the amenities needed and everything looks new. The only drawbacks I could notice were the somehow understandable modest breakfast and the very noisy piping.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 16 May 2015

Hotel is a little out of the way, but well worth the trip, that's all the bad i can say. Staff was extremely helpful, breakfast was good, room service was wonderful, staff even helped us order out when we wanted pizza. I cant praise this hotel enough, they made our stay wonderful. 10 minute metro ride from all the sights, must be great for seniors because i'm 65 years old. thanks guys for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank atinmo
Reviewed 14 September 2014 via mobile

I may struggle to find 200 words on the Roma Tiburtina Hotel. Stayed here close to a meeting location and selected based on the generally reasonable TA rating system. This was an exceptionally poor room - the three pop-up single beds were small, uncomfortable and more likely found in a hostel.

Ok, so it was cheap and if that's the main criteria, this is ok, but do not be swayed by the excessive reviews, this is not a 4/5.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mike R
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I enjoyed the hotel's service. The staff was very friendly and helped my friend and I with all of our questions and concerns. The only negative this is the location. I'm in my 20s and found that the best location for my age was in the Traverse area. If you are traveling and the location really doesn't matter, I would definitely recommend this hotel to Roma travelers. The price can't be beat! :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank fb1960el
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed by myself in a double room for a couple of days, and overall it was fine.
The positives are obviously the price, rooms that are reasonably sized (bathroom was huge!), exceptionally clean and fairly comfortable. Hotel staff was very helpful. I arrived 4 or 5 hours ahead of the check in time, but they put all the effort to get me a room ASAP. Wifi was ok.
The negatives are: location - it's on the border of the central Rome albeit just 2min away from the metro, and then 10 stations ride to Termini. The area was ok, but wouldn't walk there by myself at dark. Further, my room was at -1 floor, with no elevator access (the staff helped me with the luggage) and a bit dark due to a tiny window size. It was also under the lounge and I could hear literally everything going on there. The breakfast was mediocre.
Overall, some features of the hotel rate 5 stars, but some are way less. But it's certainly not a bad choice for a very moderate price.

• Stayed: June 2014