1,313 results
All reviews train station via nazionale opera house around the corner convenient location within walking distance near termini hotel is located single room clean hotel trip to rome trevi fountain spanish steps yogurt the room was nice decent size tourist attractions
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We reserved the rooms directly in a hotel. All was O.K. The reception was very helpful.
The hotel is very good situated. Metro is around the corner. cca 100m. But you can walk anywhere you want. One day we walked from the hotel to the Vatikan. Around the shops and around all well known historic sights. Our 5 rooms were quiet., clean. The brekfast was standard good.. I reserved the hotel for my frends and I was afraid, because I didnt know this hotel before.. But the whole group was very satisfied. The wifes as well. We had 4 double rooms and one single.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2011

1. Breakfast is very good and nourishing. Tea/ coffee/ juice/ water/ milk. Bacon, eggs, ham, cheese, fruits, cornflakes, buscuits, croissants. Everyshing is fresh.
2. Good staff. Always ready to help.
3. Kettle in the room - a great idea!You can take in from barman.
4. Room service is okay, everything was clened properly.
5. Our room was nice, but the walls and the ceiling are a bit dirty and old. The doors and the furniture (especially wardrobe) aren't modern - but still very clean. The rooms need to be somehow renovated. However they really were making some renovations in the hotel during our stay, but there were no disturbing and no noise. The bed linen is clean and new. I didn't like the pillow - one was too "thin", and the other was too 'thick' - but it depends on the taste ;). The beds were orthopedic and weren't hard at all. It was warm and comfortable in the room. The hotel is situated on the quiet street - so no noise during the night.
6. I've read in one of the reviews at booking.com that the location is not so close to all the tourist's attractions, especially shops - absolutely agree! All the good shops near via del Corso, via Frattina, via Condotti are not less than 25-30 minutes walk by foot. The great advantage of this hotel is metro station Repubblica, so that you can get to the centre of Rome withing 5-10 minutes (for example, to Flaminio, Spagna, Ottaviano (Vatican). Also you can take a bus to get to the centre. The bus stop is 5-10 min walk.
7. We didn't find any good restaurant near the hotel. I guess Termini district is not a place where you can find a good restaurant. But in the centre there're some very good.
8. Termini train station is really 10 minutes walk.
9. KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR MONEY! Don't leave the money even in the safe deposit-box in the room!!! The staff in the hotel have the security code to every safe deposit-box, so it can be easily open. Also don't leave the valuable things like jewelery or even bijouterie in the room.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 18 February 2011

We stayed there in November. Really good location - close to main tourist spot, shopping area and subway and train station . We arrived to Rome by train and just walked to hotel.
Returning home my wife found out the absence of her favorite gold earrings. On February I was in Rome again on business and stay with my boss at another hotel. It was close to BEST WESTERN Hotel Mondial so I went there (without any hope, just because it was only 5 min to walk). I was surprised to get earrings back without any problems Thanks a lot to the stuff.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2011

We stayed here for a long weekend for my partner's birthday and we were not disappointed! The hotel is so close to the train station so we decided to catch the Leonardo Di Vinci Express from the airport (cost 14 euros) and then walk to the hotel (about 8 mins walk). When we arrived the staff were very welcoming and provided us with the name of a restaurant close by that served good food.
The next day was my partners birthday and the staff were very helpful in making a reservation at an upmarket restaurant for dinner. As it was his birthday they assisted with the special requests that I had and made sure it was all kept secret from him. Cannot thank them enough as this was the best night out we had!! My partner loved it. The Ristorante Massimo D'azeglio is definately worth a visit as the food is outstanding!!

The breakfast is continental but more than enough choice and we filled up every day. Rooms were cleaned every day while we were out and the towels were changed daily. I am quite particular about this and was not disappointed with the cleanliness of the rooms.
The location of the hotel is fantastic. All the sights are close by apart from Vatican City and we walked everywhere to see it all. Also the shops near by are fab and well worth a trip to if you want some bargains. Shops further away were more pricey.

Only one complaint and that is the price of the drinks in the bar and the cost of the mini bar. We had them put onto the room tab and was presented with a big bill at the end. 20 euros for 2 vodka and cokes does seem overpriced but I would still recommend this hotel. We had an amazing time!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Using Rome as a base touring Italy, we've stayed in several Roman hotels. A week prior, we stayed at Best Western Canada Hotel (three star) and we're quite happy. We thought we would step up to the four-star Mondial. It was a quick slide to hell! How this hotel has a four star rating is a mystery (or they're paying off someone). The rooms are dark and very outdated. Don't be fooled by the decorated lobby. The TVs are remnants from the Soviet Union. Breakfast was the worst in Italy, A Italian hotel serving instant coffee is....well, that in itself is enough to make anyone choose another hotel. The bathrooms might as well have squat toilets. That's how outdated this place is. If you don't book on the internet, don't expect free WIFI. Don't expect anything here...go somewhere else and have a better stay. Try Hotel Raffaello.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple