1,313 results
All reviews train station via nazionale opera house around the corner convenient location within walking distance near termini hotel is located single room clean hotel trip to rome trevi fountain spanish steps yogurt the room was nice decent size tourist attractions
Reviewed 19 March 2008

I stayed for a couple of nights at this hotel. The lobby area is fantastic and gives the impression the hotel is better than it is. It is pushing it to call it a 4*. It is a 3* hotel. The room rate however was good for a late booking in Rome and the location is good, close to Termini station.

The single rooms are small, but clean with a small double bed. The bathroom is a reasonable size but the shower is tiny. They have an alarm cord in the shower.....possibly because you could genuinely get stuck in it. I am an average sized person. A larger person may not be able to use it safely....I am not joking! What's more there is a bidet in the bathroom which could be moved out to make a bigger shower cubicle....one for the hotel to consider.

Reception were OK, and I had no problems with them. They looked slightly edgy.....this has been mentioned many times.

One problem was that the air con was not working in my room. The room was boiling when I first entered. This was not a problem in March but come July you will not be able to cool the room by opening the windows. There are no views from the single I had which overlooks the inner section of the hotel and the windows are small.

The breakfast buffet is good with some english choices aswell as continental.

Overall, this is an OK hotel in a good location for the major sites.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2008

Find a hotel in Rome by that time was very difficult, almost none was available and the ones left were so expensive. We decided for BW Mondial because Best Western is a well know brand for hotels.

The localization ot the hotel is great, one block from the subway station ans three from the central Termini Station, what is really great, lots of nice restaurants and stuff near the hotel.

The hotel room was a little old and needs an urgent restoration, but it has a good space, was clean and had a good ans spacious bathroom. The breakfast was very good, with lots of options and very good food.

But the problem of this hotel is really the staff. I had read a bad review about them in the booking.com, but I didnt care and now I know I should have. Saying they are rude wouldn´t be enough. We stayed there for four days, paying an expensive fare and we were treated as if we were in a public lodging.
Everything we asked was treated like if they were doing us a favour, since calling a cab to recomend us a restaurant in Trastevere. Bad service would be too little to say about it!

In exception of an employee called Fawsil and another guy who was working earlier in the same night and helped us with the key we forgot in the room (he was working at 9 p.m. at sat, 6 oct. I dont remember his name, bus he´s tall, thin and has dark and little curvy hair. very nice with everyone), that were very kind to us, the others were very very rude, treating us bad and having no patience and understanding with the guests. I was never treated like that in a hotel, no even in youth hostels I stayed in many countries. So, since BW is a weel know brand and this is a 4 star hotel, I really wasn´t expecting this 'doggy' treatment to guests.

So, even though the other things of the hotel are good (room, breakfast, location), all of these qualities are absolutelly anulled by the bad attendance. I wouldnt recomend it for nobody and wouldn´t ever return as well, to this and any ohter Best Western Hotel

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcelinha
Reviewed 4 March 2008

The Best Western Hotel Mondial is a good hotel for the price. Bathroom is big, w/tub and clean. Room is big enough for 3 o 4 people with two twin beds together and a sofabed. Breakfast is of good quality and good variety. Front desk staff needs to be more receptive of foreigners needs with willingness to assist them. Some staff members are not as friendly and unwilling to help at first. Management on the other hand, is great and very receptive of guest needs and goes beyond to make you welcome. Hotel Mondial is centrally located and within walking distance from Rome Termini (10 min.) Autobus and many shops/restaurants/Mcdonalds, pizzas are within a block away. 15-20 mins walk to Colissium, Trevi Fountain , Pantheon and many other attractions. Dont need a car in Rome, parking is expensive and non-existent.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank dacocs0103
Reviewed 4 February 2008

I have never been treated so horribly at any hotel in any country I have ever been in. The travel agent made a mistake and instead of booking two rooms for myself and my brother in law, she booked a double room (two beds) for 3 people (me, wife, sister-in-law). When we got there and found this out, they insisted we pay for another room even though there were two beds and could easily sleep two couples. Where was my brother-in-law to sleep? They would not help us find another solution, such as paying a little extra for one more person. We are young couples and had budgeted the entire trip around what the travel agent told us it would cost. We could not afford another $230 or so per night for the 4 days we were to spend there. The argument became heated with the management yelling at me, and me yelling back. We came in on a bus late that night, getting there at around 10:30 p.m. It was too late to get another hotel - they were all locked up for the night by the time the argument ended. They would not relent, so my brother in law and myself ended up sleeping at the train station that night. They would not allow more than two people to go up to the room, and were not even going to allow us to put both our (couple's) luggage in the room - only the couple who was staying the night. I just said it was all mine then. I had to haul it all up myself to the room - my brother in law was not allowed to go up. When I and my brother-in-law left they locked the door, and would not even allow my wife and sister to bring down something for us for a pillow (would not unlock doors). In the morning I came back to get showered and help get the luggage down after sleeping on the ground - we were not going to continue staying there. My brother in law waited in the lobby. He overheard them saying something between themselves about calling the police. He used the house phone and called up to the room and I ran down and out to avoid being arrested. My wife later said the bellman did not help her or my sister in law with the luggage on the way out. We found a hotel that morning that while not quite as fancy, was extremely helpful and kind to us. They even let us leave our luggage there after we had checked out while we went sightseeing and waited for transit. To end this, I would not stay there. It is overpriced and the service is abhorrent. It should have been wonderful - it is a Best Western! That symbol is supposed to stand for a level of quality and service! To this day, and forever, I will not stay in a Best Western hotel, no matter where it is at. If they can brand a hotel like that with their symbol, that hotel and that chain cannot have my business and I hope they will not get yours.

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled with family
2  Thank Ian B
Reviewed 31 January 2008

We have just returned frome our amazing trip to Rome !
We booked with Easy Jet and had a great deal staying in the Mondial !
The Hotel was great with a very impressive reception area,all staff are very friendly and more than happy to help with directions !
The room was a little small and wasnt as grand as the reception but we only slept there.I must say the room was spotless,we only stayed two nights but we still had maid service !
There is a great resteraunt called 'Target' down the street,the hotel recomended it,food was great and full of locals so must be good !!!
The location is fantastic we walked to The Colessseum,Trevi Fountain,Pantheon and spanish steps.
When visiting Rome Make sure you go to St Peters,Vatican Square its breathtaking !!!
Overall excellent stay in Rome and will visit The Mondial again.
Another point is that there is a fixed price for taxis from Ciampino airport to rome center (inc Mondial) of 30euros,we got ripped off when we arrived and paid 55euros,this is a law that came into effect in 2006 !!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple