1,323 results
All reviews train station via nazionale around the corner convenient location within walking distance near termini hotel is located single room clean hotel trevi fountain trip to rome main station yogurt hop on hop off bus spanish steps the room was nice tourist attractions
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I booked a single room and boy was it small - barely room for a tiny twin bed and the desk - so my review starts at 2 stars. Went up to three stars due to the five-star location. It is easily walkable from the main termini train station - but also right down the block from both Metro lines - using both can really save you a fortune in taxi fare.

The hotel is dated but quiet with a very helpful reception staff and the price is right if you don't plan to spend a lot of time in your room. There is also a nice market right down the street where you can pick up water and snacks. The area's main shopping street is right around the corner as well as little bars/restaurants however, better to take the metro a couple stops to the shops/restaurants around the Spanish Steps instead.

If you are in town for a short weekend and plan to be out and about and can get a good rate - this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank NAD2707
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel which is near the Rome main station (definitely not one of my favorite areas of Rome) - and was pleasantly surprised. First the area is much better. Our hotel is convenient, with great air conditioning, quiet and the staff couldn't have been more friendly. Our room large, especially for Roman Hotels - even the 5 star hotels don't give you space. The breakfast was good, everything fresh and good. The bar as quiet and nice too. Stefano the guy at the front desk was super nice and Aly the bartender very helpful and intelligent. Since I had lived in Rome for 38 years of my life, I really know Rome and its various hotels - and although I am not usually a fan of Best Western Hotels - this one is definitely worth returning to. We will be back!

Room Tip: I book on line through Venere.com - a great way to book a hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
HotelMondialRome, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Mondial, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Dear Guest.
Thank you for your recent stay and comments. We are glad to read that you really enjoyed your room and our services. Our major purpose was to make you feel comfortable and we are pleased to know that we did, I thank you also for mentioning Stefano and Ali by name we will recognize them in our executive staff meeting.
Ones again we thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we really hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Please note, you can always call us or write us an email if you're planning your future stay. We will be pleased to send you our best proposal.

Reviewed 11 July 2011

I spent five nights in Best Western Mondial Roma. Hotel is located within walking distance from Termini and next to Via Nazionale – one of the main streets in Rome, where you can find many shops, which are open all week and till late hours. Part of the sightseeing attractions, like Fontanna di Trevi, Colloseum, Spanish Steps are also located not far from the hotel. But if you want to go to Vatican you should take a bus or metro – it’s about 5 km from the BW Mondial.
Reception is very efficient and nice. In the lobby you can also find Internet point, where access for the internet is free of charge for guests, who booked their stays via bestwestern.com.
Lobby and corridors look welcoming, however rooms needs to be upgraded. I saw that part of them had already been refurbished. Unfortunately our room was before upgrading. In the room we had TV, minibar and possibility to use internet (but not free of charge). Bathroom was spacious but had a shape of a letter L.
Breakfast was included in the price of the room. There were ham, cheese, milk, yoghurts, some cereals, scrambled eggs, very juicy oranges and drinks (tea, coffee, juice). One day they even offered donuts – very tasty. The only downgrade was the size of the breakfast room and a number of tables. In February it was quite OK, but I guess that in summer you may have a problem with a table.

Room Tip: Good location
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback and recent stay. Your comments are very important; these encourage us to keep working hard towards our guest satisfaction. We thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions and we hope to have the opportunity to host you back in the near future.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 8 July 2011

This is a super jumping off point for Rome if you are arriving and departing rome by rail, as it is within walking distance of the Roma Termini station. It is actually on the same block as the Republica metro stop which you will use for touring the city, but don't bother if you are coming from Roma Termini...just walk.

We had two rooms for three days and found the rooms quiet, comfortable and perfect for our needs. One of the few n our trip that provided free internet as well as breakfast.

I'd read some earlier reviews that suggested the conditions in some rooms were questionable, but we found our rooms and bathroom spotless. Elevators are small, but that is part of the quirkiness of Rome.

For some reason we really enjoyed the breafkast here more than any of the other hotels on our trip. Not sure why, as they are all similar, but perhaps the food was a little fresher, and the waiting staff was pleasant and accommodating.

Room Tip: If you get rooms overlooking the street you can open your windows for fresh air and the sounds of the city
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank KiloTango
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I was in Rome just for one night last week. I stayed at Best Western Hotel Mondial. It was my third time there and everything was perfect as usual. Maybe this time even better than usual thanks to a very special guy at the reception who gave me a wonderful room on the fourth floor. Going back soon!
If there's something I don't like is the coffee they serve at breakfast. Avoid it if you can!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
HotelMondialRome, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Mondial, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Mondial and your valuable feedback. We are delighted to learn that you had a perfect stay at the hotel. Your review is a source of inspiration for our team, which constantly strives to attain excellence in guest satisfaction. We value your motivating comments about our team members.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Mondial !