1,390 results
All reviews american bar rooftop restaurant ancient rome perfect location top floor traditional hotel palatine hill family room within walking distance deluxe room roof garden city break long weekend walked everywhere breakfast is served trevi fountain four nights
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I stayed with my wife in the hotel for a week. Very nice and professional staff. Rooms maybe small but clean. Great location with close to Colosseum, Forum Romanum etc.. The best part was every morning breakfast on the roof restaurant with great view on Forum Romanum and all Roman history. I celebrated my birthday in the hotel restaurant and that was really great experience with good food. Actually we were late for dinner after visiting Colosseum at night. However when I mentioned to the waiter that it is my birthday, it was no problemo. I really appreciated their understanding and great service.

Stayed: August 2018
DirezioneRoma, Direttore at Hotel Forum Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Guest,
we thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel for this special occasion. We are happy you were satisfied by our service and by our location. We hope you will return for next special days.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

The hotel is really well located. Most of the attractions are walking distance. We booked a family room which had 2 large interconnected rooms and 2 bathrooms. The rooms were fine but there were a few problems. A toilet flush in one of the bathrooms was not working properly. We could not get TV going and had to call to the reception. A member of staff helped to sort this out but was not very friendly and seemed to be annoyed. There were no slippers or bath robes which we could normally expect in 4 star hotels. We did not book breakfast but were considering to use it if we liked the selection of food. However, the food selection was disappointing. The roof top bar looked nice but the prices were far too high. We found a really nice café across the street which served both, American and Italian breakfast. The room was reasonable well cleaned with an exception of bedside tables where the dust was not cleaned at all. Lastly, we had a problem with a lift on the last day.

Room Tip: Family room is of a really good size
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DirezioneRoma, Direttore at Hotel Forum Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Some small problem, if you want, can always be founded in hotels. Ours is a historic hotel in the most beautiful part of Rome, where you can live the history of the city.
We thank you for your suggestions and we will do everything to improve ourselves.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Weekend spent in Rome for my fathers 50th with my family. The location of this hotel is incredible, gorgeous views of the Roman forum, 10 minute walk to the colleseum , and to piazza Venezia and capitoline hill about the same. Both of these have bus stops for the hop on hop off bus tours which were great and took us to all the attractions we wanted to visit. Plenty of restaurants and cafes nice and local to the hotel as well and the views from the rooftop cocktail bar are incredible, although this is very expensive at €17 for a cocktail and €14 for a mocktail! Breakfast ok, as expected for a continental breakfast. Rooms were very traditional and gave a real authentic feel, we had a family room which were two connecting rooms, quite small but okay for what we needed. Fridge, tea and coffee and mini bar all good, air con good although turns off when you leave the room but nothing unusual. Staff in hotel quite helpful if not sometimes a little standoffish but on the whole good. Rome is an incredible city, and I think the hotel gave an authentic feel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lucy D
DirezioneRoma, Direttore at Hotel Forum Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dea guest,

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel really does have the best location but I'm wondering where the 4 star accreditation comes from. It's an old hotel so you appreciate that there is only so much that can be done to overcome some of the decisions that were made many years ago (room sizes, plumbing that semi flushes your toilet when someone else flushes theirs)

However I didn't feel that expectations were managed with this property. The imagery on the website is not representative of the two rooms we viewed in the classic class. Signs of mold in the corners, damaged and noisy air conditioners and old lumpy pillows just aren't what I'd expect of a four star.

The roof top restaurant area for breakfast is lovely however the breakfast is lacklustre. After our stay we had an overnight in a 3 star holiday inn in athens that was far better. On two of the mornings there was still food and rubbish on the floor from the previous morning.

Some of the staff like our friendly porter were excellent as was one of the breakfast waitresses, the rest just didn't seem interested enough to even smile and greet us when we passed through reception.

Location simply can't overcome some of these basic things I'm afraid.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Our historic hotel doesn't have big rooms as a modern hotel but it has characteristics that make up the difference widely.
The manutention of the rooms is always very acurated.
we regret that our hotel was not to your liking.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

In Rome for my daughters wedding- reception was at the Forum, however I booked in advance of knowing that. Based on location and views! Walking distance to everything (I am a walker). Staff are exemplary in willingness to help with whatever is needed ~ A+++++

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DirezioneRoma, Direttore at Hotel Forum Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Guest,
we are very happy of hearing you choose our hotel for this special occasion and we thank you for your review