Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$276
US$230
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$386/night.

Camping Village Fabulous(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$54
  • Pool
US$136
US$115
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

Best Western Hotel President(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$67
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

US$308
US$213
Hotel Colosseum(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$107
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

US$264
US$189
  • Room Service
Barocco Hotel(Rome)
US$222
US$205
Official Site
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$309/night.

US$250
US$180
Trip.com
  • Room Service
US$499
US$413
Melia.com
  • Pool
All reviewstermini stationcastro pretoriopastriesminute walkfront desk staffbreakfast was includedcomfy bedsmall balconybeautiful cityaround the cornermain attractionscoffee machinetrip to romepublic transportlocation is excellentspanish stepstrevi fountain
Reviewed 15 February 2007

This is a good budget hotel. staff were very helpful, especially when recommending where to go shopping and where to go to just sightsee ROMA. the room was small, but it was very clean, so it makes up for being small. the particular location is not the best considering there's nothing to do in our particular block, but the hotel is about 5 minutes away from the train station/bus station. which is a plus

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with friends
3  Thank msgizelle
Reviewed 2 January 2007

What can I say about his hotel but WOW! This place was so great that I created a trip advisor account and this is my first review of any hotel (and I travel quite a lot). When I was researching hotels in Rome, I did not expect to find such an inexpensive gem. My stay of 4 days was so great that I when I arrived to my ‘upgraded’ hotel by the Coliseum a few days later, I was disappointed by comparison. I stayed during the last week of 2006.

First the pros…

It was walking distance from Termini Station, but my wife did not know that at the time. We took a taxi from the stand, NOT the guys who ask you if you need a taxi (Note: After arriving, we asked the front desk the average cost for a taxi – they said should not be more than 15 Euro). Upon arriving, the staff was friendly and inviting. As we opened the room door, we were impressed to find that the room was recently renovated.

Albeit a small room, it did not feel like it. In fact, it felt like quite the opposite. Our room also had a large in room safe and access to the mini bar. Rather than use the items in the mini-bar, we went to the local supermarkets (PAM and Supermarketini) – both are only a few steps away from the hotel. Why pay 2.30 for a coke when you can purchase a six pack for the same price?

Bonus: Breakfast is included with the hotel. If you’ve been to Europe, you’re probably aware that you could easily spend up to 10 Euro for your first morning meal. It was delightful to have the same items offered at no cost. The breakfast is you typical eggs, ham, cheese, breads, cereals and morning drinks.

Now the cons…

Only one key was available for the room. If you need to leave the room, you turn off all power to the room. If you are in the room, there is a little light outside each room to indicate that you are inside. Although we left the ‘do not disturb’ on the door, our room was cleaned because the light was out.

The only internet access is available via dialup. This was not a big problem because there are several internet access terminals near the hotel that will allow you to utilize there computers for 2 Euro per hour. There is not an ice maker in the hotel, but the bartender will provide you some at no cost.

Summary:

We fell in love with this place and would go back in a New York minute. The new radiators keep the place warm and cozy. A taxi from the Spanish Steps to the hotel was only 10 Euro at night. In my future visits, I will stay here and take a taxi home if I happen to stay outdoors longer than the local buses/subways will allow.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RootBoySlim-DC
Reviewed 1 January 2007

As I plan our second trip to Europe, I realized that I had never reviewed this hotel. This was something I definitely meant to do as I was staying there. Based on the other reviews posted, experiences at this hotel must depend on which room or floor you stay on. I read what other people have written and I can't believe it is the same hotel as the one I stayed in. Here are just a few of my complaints:
1. Extremely dinghy room - even though the room was somewhat clean, it felt very dirty.
2. The door locked with a little latch that was about to fall off.
3 Garbage in the hallways
4. Wall paper peeling off the walls, big water spots near the radiator (I think it was a radiator) and several other mildew spots on the walls and floors
5. No shower curtain. The floor became soaked when we showered.
6. Very little light - which made this dinghy room even more depressing.

I have several photos on another computer and will try to post those later.

When we asked to move to another room (thinking it could not be any worse), we were told that they could acommodate us after 12:00. I told them we were going to go sightseeing and asked if we could move when we returned. They stated that it would be fine. When we returned to the hotel, they told us that since we were not availabe to speak with them at 12:00, they would not move us. So much for customer service.

At best, before checking in to this hotel, I would ask to see the room they are giiving me. Then I would negotiate for another room if it did not meet basic standards.

We visited Florence, London, Paris, Venice and Rome. We stayed in some budget and midrange hotels that were extremely nice. This hotel was our only let down.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank sljb
Reviewed 30 October 2006

Stayed here during recent trip to Rome. Rooms were average but extremely clean. The bathroom was large and modern. We found the front desk clerk sleeping in the common room when we checked out which was somewhat humerous. They were pretty helpful overall. The hotel is pretty close to Rome Termini and also to a stop on the subway line so getting around was not to difficult especially because this hotel was a bit far from the main sights. Overall average hotel for the price.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pha123
Reviewed 26 October 2006

Very friendly and helpful staff. Assisted us in having our tour company come back to pick us up after we missed a pickup and in getting our transfer worked out at 4 AM. Also let us get breakfast early when we had early tour starting times. Adequate breakfast with hot and cold foods.

Was there with my wife for 30th wedding anniversary. Very convenient to the Metro stop (Castro Pretorio), the Termini train and bus station, ATMs, and many small, moderately priced restaurants in the area. We felt safe walking around the area to find food, transportation, money, and souvenirs.

Our room was small with a shower (not a tub) with a TV (some good reception and some bad), 2 phones. Our view was not great, but we were just there to sleep and eat breakfast when possible. The beds were very firm.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple