Hotel Artemide(Rome)
Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
US$114
US$104
Savings alert! 55% below average rates

The price you found is 55% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$231/night.

Camping Village Fabulous(Rome)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$69
US$66
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

Free cancellation until 04/08
US$528
US$399
US$253
US$198
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

US$440
US$312
Autograph
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$387/night.

Barocco Hotel(Rome)
  • Room Service
US$232
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewstermini stationcastro pretoriopastriesminute walkfront desk staffcomfy bedincluded breakfastaround the cornerbeautiful citymain attractionscoffee machinetrip to romerooms are smallpublic transportlocation is excellentspanish stepstrevi fountain
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We only stayed here as we booked on points. Within walking distance of Termini. (Don't bother with a cab). We arrived to find our fridge did not work. They sent the bartender(?) who played with the plug, then said to wait 30 minutes, it may work. It did not work during our 3 nights stay; they didn't seem to care.
I had to go to the bar to get an ice bucket. Small room; although the beds were comfortable. The best thing about this hotel was the hot buffet breakfast. I would not stay here again; with all the hotel rooms available in Rome.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I booked my room through Travel Republic. We were given quite a dingy room (206) but the main problem was the bathroom which was not suitable for me. It was in fact quite unsafe as the bath was very high sided and difficult to get in and out of and there was absolutely nothing to hold on to. I nearly fell getting out of it. I went down and spoke to the reception staff about my concerns and we were given a much, much better room (401) the next day. The staff were extremely helpful and polite and nothing seemed to be too much bother. I have to say I am totally confused about the star systems for hotels and can only presume that each country has there own as Villa Franca would certainly not score 4 stars in the UK. However, it is in a central location, with an easy walk to the train station and many of the main city sites.

Room Tip: If you have any problems at all with mobility, make sure to ask for a room with shower only. The baths are very high sided and difficult to get in and out of and, certainly in room 406, there was no handrail to assist.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank D.Swan
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Chose this only because I could book on Aeroplan points and it was relatively close to Roma Termini.

Hotel was okay. Lobby, breakfast, reception staff were all very nice. Wifi seemed to work reasonably well.

Room was okay. Small, but that was to be expected. I was kept awake by a blaring television in an adjacent room on two nights. Bathroom was cramped and no matter what I did, I always seemed to end up with water on the floor. Air conditioning in my room was little more than a rumour.

Because I booked the room through rewards, I still think I got decent value.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed with 2 friends at Hotel Villa Franca for 3 nights recently and was very pleased.

I had read mixed reviews but found the hotel to be very efficient, clean and providing a very good breakfast, apart from the very strong orange juice!
We had a twin room. Not huge but not too small.
Air conditioning in rooms thank goodness but the fridge didn't work. Not really a problem, we collected a jug of fresh milk from the bar, free of charge, on our way back to our rooms each day.
3 minute walk to nearest Metro so very handy but be warned, pickpockets travel on the trains. I had my purse stolen as I took my eye of my bag for a few minutes.
Good food can be found at Mamma Angela's in the next street to hotel. Reasonable and plentiful.

Hotel is aprox 40 mins away by car from Fiumicino Airport and we had a taxi to take the 3 of us and it cost a total of 48 Euros. Mad taxi drivers though!

Room Tip: Make sure Air conditioning works as you will need it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank HappydaysWorcester
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Prior to our visit to Rome, I had read quite a few negative reports about this hotel & so was a little concerned as this was our first trip, but from the moment we arrived in the lobby on 11th June with the wrong suitcase from the airport - we were greeted by friendly ladies in the front who were extremely helpful in assisting us with transport back to the airport to swop + contacted our tour guide for the evening to inform that we would be late & also with assisted with our shuttle transfer back to the airport after our two nights stay to collect car hire. Our room was small, but lovely - very clean & comfortable and the bathroom was tastefully renovated. The front staff were all extremely efficient & ready to assist where ever possible. The breakfast was much better than I had read and there is quite a variety to choose from that would accommodate most pallets & keep you satisfied until lunchtime if not later. We did not really have time to explore the area around the hotel but did have dinner @ a nearby restaurant on our last night which was about a 2 minute walk. There seemed to be many eateries in the area. We did not use the metro so cannot comment about the proximity as due to our short stay caught cabs. Although the bed initially seemed a little hard & the pillows thin - we made the most of our day & two evenings in Rome and all proved to be very comfortable for a good nights sleep. My husband & I would recommend and would probably stay here again when we next visit Rome.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple