“Fantastic location, good customer service. Value for money!”
Review of Hotel Villafranca

Hotel Villafranca
Ranked #495 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The hotel is under a 10 minute walk from the termini, the main station for buses, trains and metros which is so useful for getting around! Lots of restaurants in the vicinity which are very well priced. Hotel reception is very clean and modern, breakfast is continental - good standard and lots of choice. Each room has air conditioning and a modern bathroom. Bedroom was a very good size, bed was a little hard and decoration slightly out dated but overall a really good hotel!! Each room has a safe. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Would definitely go here again.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We only stayed here as we booked on points. Within walking distance of Termini. (Don't bother with a cab). We arrived to find our fridge did not work. They sent the bartender(?) who played with the plug, then said to wait 30 minutes, it may work. It did not work during our 3 nights stay; they didn't seem to care.
I had to go to the bar to get an ice bucket. Small room; although the beds were comfortable. The best thing about this hotel was the hot buffet breakfast. I would not stay here again; with all the hotel rooms available in Rome.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I booked my room through Travel Republic. We were given quite a dingy room (206) but the main problem was the bathroom which was not suitable for me. It was in fact quite unsafe as the bath was very high sided and difficult to get in and out of and there was absolutely nothing to hold on to. I nearly fell getting out of it. I went down and spoke to the reception staff about my concerns and we were given a much, much better room (401) the next day. The staff were extremely helpful and polite and nothing seemed to be too much bother. I have to say I am totally confused about the star systems for hotels and can only presume that each country has there own as Villa Franca would certainly not score 4 stars in the UK. However, it is in a central location, with an easy walk to the train station and many of the main city sites.

Room Tip: If you have any problems at all with mobility, make sure to ask for a room with shower only. The ba...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank D.Swan
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Chose this only because I could book on Aeroplan points and it was relatively close to Roma Termini.

Hotel was okay. Lobby, breakfast, reception staff were all very nice. Wifi seemed to work reasonably well.

Room was okay. Small, but that was to be expected. I was kept awake by a blaring television in an adjacent room on two nights. Bathroom was cramped and no matter what I did, I always seemed to end up with water on the floor. Air conditioning in my room was little more than a rumour.

Because I booked the room through rewards, I still think I got decent value.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed with 2 friends at Hotel Villa Franca for 3 nights recently and was very pleased.

I had read mixed reviews but found the hotel to be very efficient, clean and providing a very good breakfast, apart from the very strong orange juice!
We had a twin room. Not huge but not too small.
Air conditioning in rooms thank goodness but the fridge didn't work. Not really a problem, we collected a jug of fresh milk from the bar, free of charge, on our way back to our rooms each day.
3 minute walk to nearest Metro so very handy but be warned, pickpockets travel on the trains. I had my purse stolen as I took my eye of my bag for a few minutes.
Good food can be found at Mamma Angela's in the next street to hotel. Reasonable and plentiful.

Hotel is aprox 40 mins away by car from Fiumicino Airport and we had a taxi to take the 3 of us and it cost a total of 48 Euros. Mad taxi drivers though!

Room Tip: Make sure Air conditioning works as you will need it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends