All reviewsroman forumfori imperialicroissantsexcellent locationchanged dailywithin walking distancebreakfast servicerooms are smalleternal cityrestaurants and cafeswi fitourist attractionsmini fridgemain siteson footshowermetro
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Location is perfect 2 mins from
Coliseum! Rooms spotless and great reception staff. Only negative is the shower flooding as already mentioned. Also worth noting they don't provide breakfast when it's out of season

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in February 2015 for three nights. Lovely stay staff very friendly excellent service great room can't wait to go back, breakfast continental. Very good , room very large and clean. Great area to stay , very central to get around and view the top spots to visit.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

The entrance is literally a hole in the wall, so I may have had trouble finding it myself but the cab driver knew where it was.
There were good things and bad things here. First impression was of a neat and tidy room but with a very strong damp, and musty smell.
The renovating and redecorating looked to be a little bit of a DYI job but it was functional and I guess added to the character of the place.
The shower curtain and strange drainage system was ridiculous and did not function very well at all, so by the time a shower of any length was completed the whole bathroom floor was covered in water.
The location of the hotel is its real selling point, it is literally around the corner from the colloseum.
The biggest problem was the very poor WiFi. This was an ongoing problem the whole stay, the best signal was when I sat outside, which in Summer and in the evening is fine, at other times of the year this could be very tiresome.
Would I stay there again? Possibly.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2016

A family member and myself stayed at this hotel and was my first time visiting Rome. The hotel was right by everything we wanted to visit, about 5 minute walk to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum was opposite us and about a 20minute walk to the Trevi Fountain. The room we had was clean and comfortable, it’s not a luxurious hotel but it suited our purpose as we knew we wouldn’t be spending much time in the hotel. The breakfast is located in an adjoining hotel on the roof terrace and served a mixture of patisseries, ham, yogurts cereal etc.
I will agree with some of the other reviews about the bathroom, the shower is one level so you do get some overflow and spillage onto the floor but we used one of the spare towels as a barrier which did the job. The staff were very friendly and helpful and answered any questions and gave us a free map of the area which was useful as it also marked all the local landmarks.
There’s plenty of restaurants in the area, but I would advise to walk around as a lot of them were double the price of other places.
I would happily stay here again and would recommend to anyone, however if you are looking for something with a little luxury I would probably look at other places, but again you’ll be paying more.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2016

My son and I made reservations for Mothers Day weekend. My reservation was unchangeable so when we had an extra person join us we had to ask for roll bed or a different room, paying the difference of course! They had no roll away bed at the facility (that tells you something) advised a bigger room to accommodate 3 people would be available tomorrow (sat). Friday night at 3am someone tried to get into our room....NOT GOOD ... Upon waking up I called the front desk they advised no room available to accommodate us and then told me they could place our 3rd party quest at different location!! Not happening, so they told us WE HAD TO LEAVE, AS WE WERE IN A 2 PERSON ROOM- So, of course we are trying to find a hotel that can accommodate us. In the process the staff is banging on door telling us to get out, NOT ONCE, NOT TWICE BUT THREE TIMES! Very rude. MIND YOU I ALREADY PAID FOR ENTIRE WEEKEND. So by American law they couldn't make us leave, maybe our third party, Regardless, found a great place went downstairs and checked out. Would not recommend this place for my animals, the only picture that is accurate if the front desk...air condition did not work, bed was hard, water pressure was not good and the lights in our hallway were RED----- Another indicator....

Room Tip: Not any at this location
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family