US$123
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$279
US$231
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$376/night.

Hotel Colosseum(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$113
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

US$265
  • Room Service
Camping Village Fabulous(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Pool
Barocco Hotel(Rome)
US$212
US$199
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$307/night.

Best Western Hotel President(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$66
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$310
US$437
  • Pool
  • Room Service
All reviewsroman forumfori imperialiexcellent locationchanged dailywithin walking distancerooms are smallbreakfast serviceeternal cityrestaurants and cafeswi fitourist attractionsmini fridgemain siteson footshowermetro
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

The location was good and the front desk staff real nice!

The room was dark and the colors you see from hotel website work but only if they are consistently cleaned and working.

One of the blinds in our room was broken and there lambs that were there but not enough outlets to use them.

The shower was nice but had a cheap vinyl curtain on it that felt awful. The shower was tight so you couldn't help but feel it.

The AC isn't the best bit compared to outside it felt good.

The upstairs Terrence breakfast was nice and they accommodated is with gluten free options.

Not sure about other options in the area but the location was good and we were safe and the price was good. I would stay here again and hope that they take the time to do a little better cleaning and upgrade some small items to help take it to the next level.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2015

My partner and I had a pleasant modern styled first floor room not too far from the main entrance and garden. Having used this hotel two years ago whilst in Rome we had the confidence to return, next time in Rome I hope to do the same again. The hotel is located in an excellent location not too far from the Colosseum providing good connections to Metro B line at Colosseo and Cavour if you're not too keen on walking too far with heavy bags. Similarly the Trevi Fountain and Pantheon are a pleasant stroll away from the hotel.

Wi-Fi in the hotel wasn't too great but to be honest Wi-Fi in most hotels is dreadful. The Wi-Fi worked perfectly fine for reading up on what and where we planned on visiting the next day and for listening to BBC Radio 4's Six O'Clock news whilst preparing for dinner. If I'm honest if you need to do more with the Wi-Fi than that I'd say you weren't taking full advantage of your surroundings!

Breakfast was good although not a massive eater in the morning I did have breakfast every day (with the exception to when we had to be at the Vatican for 0730) unlike my partner who made it to the breakfast table once to watch me eat. Breakfast is an generous array of yoghurts, croissants (I'm a fan of the Italian take one them, they're filled with custard), different breads and cereals as well as the more continental approach of hard-boiled eggs and salad. Being typically British I stuck to a bowl of cereal, croissant and a slice of toast (the bread is fascinating, the texture is similar to crumpets). Whilst I adore Italian coffee and frequently had espressos during my stay in Rome I cannot drink coffee first thing (again a typical Brit I have to start the day with tea). I was disappointed that the 'hot water' in the jug was merely tepid and that there didn't appear to be any mugs for making a sizeable mug of tea with, as such my Yorkshire Tea I took with me wasn't at its best. Then again I went to Italy to experience a different culture which is why I did not seek out any mugs, to do so would have been rude and in my eyes improper.

The hotel staff are without doubt the most friendly and helpful people you could imagine. They will help you find where you want to be going and explain various customs to you as necessary. Sadly during our stay it was necessary for my partner to attend A&E (completely unconnected with the hotel) the staff were very helpful in explaining where to go what signs to look for, how long it would take and what to expect in general. On a point which really should not matter in this day and age the staff are completely at ease with same sex couples. 2014 seemed like a nightmare year for the double bed issue, Amsterdam (a city I thought was the most liberal in the world) asked six times if I was sure I wanted a double bed, in Florence the hotel made the room up as a twin despite being booked as a double, and a Premier Inn in London we were asked if we were absolutely sure we wanted a double. Hotel de Rome didn't ask once, they simply provided as we had booked and treated us as equals.

Sadly I'm afraid to say our stay this time wasn't as great as the first time. I believe in giving a balanced factual review, doing so reinforces how great the positives really are.

Whilst our hotel room was relatively new compared to the room we had occupied a couple of years ago it was apparent that it was coming up for redecoration, there were one or two footprints on the white walls in the room and a couple of scuffs where cases had caught the walls. I'd rather criticise the people who do this as opposed to the hotel, I implore all to treat other's property as you would your own, keep your feet off of walls and carry cases when indoors.
Our bathroom was modern and nice although the toilet roll holder annoyed me, as a person who desires functionality over aesthetics I found it annoying that to hide the screws the holder stuck out perpendicularly from the wall meaning it had begun to droop where the roll had been replaced over time. Perhaps more concerning was the shower. Sadly people seem to like rain fall showers, again an issue of aesthetics, they're great if you're in a soft water area or are able to keep on top of descaling them but not so great when a third of the holes become scaled up meaning it's more akin to a stream. Similarly the shower head didn't appear to be lined up over the centre of the ceramic draining board that you stood on in the semi-wet room environment. To my horror the floor flooded when I had the first shower and had the shower on full flow. When alerted the staff were most apologetic and said that they were undergoing remedial work (which was apparent but not intrusive downstairs) and provided additional towels to cope with the situation. If I had designed the bathroom I would have done away with the bidet and made it into a wet room but the Italians and mainland Europe in general expect and are probably accustomed to needing a bidet. Nevertheless this was only a minor hiccup and did not interfere with our stay.

To summarise when I return to Rome, hopefully in 2016 I will once again be staying at Hotel de Rome where I will enjoy their hospitality and comfortable modern atmosphere. I hope that prior to this future visit the remedial works and refurbishment will have been completed and that the small tarnish that was the shower will be polished to a brilliant shine. I sincerely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joseph P
Reviewed 5 August 2015

We had no problem finding the hotel even though there is no big sign out the front. Plan ahead and check the photos of the hotel on trip advisor that show its location but bear in mind the reception has been moved to a side street a few doors down to the left of the hotel. This hotel is in a great location around the corner from the roman forum (1 min walk)and the colosseum (4min walk)! This hotel is joined to the richmond hotel and is accessed via a code door from the main street taking you to the lift/stairs to the 10 rooms in the hotel rome section. We had room 301 which was the only room on the 3rd floor directly opposite the lift! It was a loft room so had a high window so no view but the room was clean, modern, had a great bathroom and a king size bed.
Just to give some more detail than many reviews on here and things you need to know:
the room had strong wifi, free code from reception, a taxt to the termini station is 12 euro, there are several restaurants right outside the hotel plus ice cream shops and a shop over the road, toiletries are provided, there is no tea/coffee facilities in the room, there is a free to use safe in the room, we had a 32" lcd tv, there is a mini fridge in the room water was 1 euro and coke 2 euro
The buffet breakfast was free so don't expect a massive choice but there was plenty for us! There was toast, rolls, coffee, tea, juice, fruit, cakes, several different pastries, ham, cheese, yogurt and boiled eggs

Overall a great hotel in a great location, modern and a decent bathroom, great value and literally round the corner from so much history and sightseeing!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jms000000
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend visited this hotel in February for 4 days/ nights to explore rome, when we got dropped off to the hotel my first impressions was not good its looked like a block of old apartments from the outside with builders working outside but its another story as you walk in it is very modern and clean hotel staff had us checked in, in no time and they was very friendly every time we left and entered through the reception they was always very friendly. Its a some hotel with not a lot of rooms, but our room was small but was very clean and had a modern touch the bed was very comfortable as well.. Exactly what you need after a long walk across the city a tv and fridge was in the room too.

The colosseum is just a 2 minute walk down the road and the start of the rest of the city is just 5 minutes away.

We had breakfast every morning, it wasn't the best not a wide range just a small Italian/continental breakfast but i was happy enough with that.

I would defiantly re visit this hotel and defiantly re visit rome it is the best and most beautiful place i have been in my life and the hotel was perfect for the location.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shaunsmith95
LcrHotels, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel de Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

Dear Guest,

We are very happy that you left a review as for us it is very important to have a feedback from our guests.

We hope to see you again in Rome and to host you in one of our Lcr Hotels.

Best regards,

Lcr Hotels staff

Reviewed 17 July 2015

A 5-star hotel on Berlin’s Bebelplatz Square, walking distance to Unter den Linden Blvd and other historical sites. The amazing roof top bar is a great way to end a long day or unwind with a late night cocktail.
The staff and concierge go out of their way to ensure your stay is perfect.
Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple