“A potential good place, it could be better. Please smile”

Trattoria Vaticano Giggi
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Trattoria Vaticano Giggi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,094 of 13,790 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prati
Description: Typical Roman Restaurant with typical roman dishes
Reviewed 4 February 2018

I went there with the family for a sunday lunch. I have mixed feelings about this place. The waiter was all but friendly, he looked tired and bored, but not rude. The manager on the other side, was quite nice. In general the atmosphere of the place could be better if it didn't infuse a sense of decadence/sadness.
Food was ok, average roman cuisine with some good dishes. I would say it's a place where to have a quick meal for a reasonable price, not expecting a real roman trattoria experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,571)

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Me and my wife lived the worst lunch experience in our life in this restaurant. We came here for lunch since I've got a discount for this restaurant as an ItaliaPass member. When I asked the waiter whether I can use the discount voucher or not, some lady in black (I think she was a manager) came in and told me that I cannot use the discount -- which was okay. But after that discount voucher discussion no waiter came to serve us or give us a menu at least. In the end, the manager lady came again to aggressively explain again that we cannot use the discount - which was a bit embarrassing since everyone around us was listening to this conversation. When we tried to explain to her that we don't need to hear this discount explanation anymore and all we want is a menu -- the lady in black got really mad and asked us to leave saying: "This is not a place for you!".

1  Thank Flamaster86
Floriana T, Direttore at Trattoria Vaticano Giggi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Lies...lies...lies...Now we explain the true: You came in our restaurant with the reservation with the Fork. When You sat down You pretended to use another discount offer with ItaliaPass together with The Fork offer. I explain You thtat was no possibile ti use 2 offers together. You wife started to Scream hysterically and I asked you kindly to please leave the restaurant. Then you write in english but you are not english people...Go..Go..Go..to other places in attitude with your bad education!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We were on our way to the Vatican and needed a quick lunch. We were greeted with a rude nod and ushered to the next room and seated next to the toilettes.
The waiter who seemed ok, quickly seemed alarmed when one of the kids decided not to order anything
The owner instantly came and informed us that they were a ‘restaurant ‘and that EVERYONE HAD TO ORDER A DISH!!! It almost seemed like she was scolding us.
She took our order and made sure everyone ordered.She instantly returned with cold, tasteless food!!
OBVIOUSLY SHE CAME BACK WITH PRE MADE FOOD AND DID NOT EVEN BOTHER TO HEAT IT! I guess SHE WAS determined to squeeze money out of tourists anyway SHE COULD.
We were literally appalled, took a few bites, since we were hungry and quickly left.
I would not advise anyone to go to this restaurant!!!

1  Thank chodanidevi
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Went there for lunch. Spaghetti carbonara were very salty and undercooked, sauce wasn’t smooth and tasty. I couldn’t finish my dish. My husband didn’t enjoy his meal either. Waitress man wasn’t friendly at all. With other customers he was smiling and seemed very helpful and friendly. I had a feeling that he didn’t like us. Maybe that was a reason we’ve got a bad food. We didn’t leave tips because our lunch was very bad.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Had a lunch break there. The food was ok. The service was very good even though the place was totally full. The vegetable lasagna was nice.
The tiramisu was very good.