“Good small restaurant close to the Vatican city”

Trattoria Vaticano Giggi
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Trattoria Vaticano Giggi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,126 of 13,550 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$18 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prati
Description: Typical Roman Restaurant with typical roman dishes
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I took only pizza and mixed salads, which were very good. The servicing was friendly and food was served quite soon. The price is reasonable. Also bier was good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed 27 August 2017

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel as it was close. However, the food was okay - not the greatest. But here's the kicker. We were asked to leave even though we hadn't finished our drinks because we were told our outside table was reserved for someone else! We had finished our meal and didn't even get to ask for dessert. I had to quickly drink my beer as the waitress just stood waiting to clear our table. Not very professional. We were paying customers too! I wouldn't recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank 9marnie
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant gives you a taste of authentic Roman food in a relaxed setting. It caters for all nationalities by having a range of menus in different languages and staff are keen to communicate with you however they can. The food is beautifully simple - I would recommend doing it the Italian way and having both a first and second dish. If you are visiting as a family then you can all share! Traditional dishes give a real flavour of Rome - the carbonara and grigia are fantastic, especially with the fresh pasta made on site. It was so good we ate there every day we were in Rome! Close to the Vatican and St Peter's square also. Brilliant - thankyou giggi!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

A short walk from the Vatican and you may be forgiven for not noticing this unobtrusive restaurant. I encourage you to seek it out though as there food is not to be missed. The waiter handed us a menu but the recommended the house special of 'lasagne with a little fish'. It was absolutely amazing and by far the best food I've tasted in Rome. We also had the recommended second course dish of mushrooms and meat balls which were again outstanding. The food was very reasonably priced and the staff attentive and helpful. Highly recommended. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I went there on 1st of August with my wife. The first impression was a simple traditional tavern style place with pictures of famous italian actors of the 1960 at the best. The menu was simple roman italian oriented. The 2 waitress was ok but not so patient. Their English was simple. I ordered some plates and was suggested of a roman plate of lumb. Well when it came were 4 small pieces just boiled. Plus one of the waitress asked us from where we are as if our money were not good enough and did not like us. I do not think this is professional. Leaving we wear asked if we liked the menu but was just ok if you were very hungry .