“Terrible service and wait time”

City Sightseeing Rome
Ranked #784 of 936 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Rome Hop on Hop Off Open Top Sightseeing Bus Tour
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

CityRoma, Customer Care Department at City Sightseeing Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Write a ReviewReviews (2,237)

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

We took the hoho bus for a ride around Rome. Very good and so much to see. Very good timing with their buses, you don’t have to wait long. The staff are very helpful and make people wait in line. They tell people to get back if they try to push in. I found that so good coming from Australia I hate it when people try to push in. So a big thumbs up to the staff very good.

Date of experience: November 2018
CityRoma, customer care department at City Sightseeing Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear customer, thank you for your review, we are happy to read that you enjoyed our bus tour.
Should you come back to Rome in the future please do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to assist you during your stay.

Reviewed 10 November 2018

Date of experience: October 2018

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 November 2018

I had been to Rome with my family in the past and we found the double decker bus to be a great way to get an introduction to the city and get from place to place. This time I brought my elderly mother for her dream trip to Italy and was extremely disappointed with the lack of order when waiting to board a bus. For starters, I blame the rude, selfish tourists. But knowing this will always be an issue, I feel the bus company should provide an orderly line system, keeping it 'fair' and more importantly, safe for those with mobility issues. We were nearly knocked down by folks from the back trying to board the bus first. People crowd the entrance when the bus arrives as opposed to boarding from a single line. This was so very frustrating. Due to this, most times we were last to get on the bus (however, NOT last to arrive to wait for the bus) and there were no seats left in the lower section so my mother had to try to climb the stairs to the top.
Since we cannot rely on tourists to be polite and considerate, we should be able to rely on the bus companies to provide a safe, orderly system with attention to provisions for mobility impaired riders.
Lastly - based upon my investigations, this is the only bus line that does not stop closer to Trevi Fountain. We made a bad choice since that forced a much longer, uphill walk to the bus. Try to find the bus routes before you choose your bus line. I had trouble doing so...until I bought tickets. Then it was too late.

Date of experience: September 2018

Dear customer, thank you for your review, we apologize for the bad experience you have bus tour.
City Sightseeing always have staff at the bus stops in order to organize the tourists lines, we will investigate on the absence of the staff member on that day.
Please note tha all the openbus companies stop at the same stop. We used to have a bus stop very close to the Trevi Fountain bus now Rome Municipality decided we (and all other companies) cant't anymore. Anyway from stop n. 8 it is about 5 minutes walking to reach the fountain.