“Hop On, Hop Off, and never hopped on again!”

City Sightseeing Rome
Ranked #783 of 935 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Rome Hop on Hop Off Open Top Sightseeing Bus Tour
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

There are several sightseeing tour buses in Rome. This is the review for the red bus that says “City Sightseeing Rome” on the side of the bus. I read several reviews for this bus through a link on the Viator site, and made my reservation/tour purchase through Viator. All of the reviews on the Viator site were positive, and everyone raved about their experience. Unfortunately, we did not have the same opinion about this tour; in fact, when I gave it a bad review on the Viator site, I didn’t see my review published.

Below it what I wrote:
“I am not a stranger to these hop on, hop off sightseeing tours. I have taken at least 7or 8 in different cities. This was by far the worst! The stops were not clearly marked. My traveling companion and I had to ask for clarification where to pick up the bus at least 3 times. I realize Rome is a metropolitan city with travelers from many different countries,speaking a variety of languages, but the audio was a huge disappointment. We were given ear jacks to plug into the appropriate language at our first stop. We heard music more than anything else. There was minimal commentary of the historical sites we were in the vicinity of. In fact, we exited the bus at the first stop, and never reboarded.”

Trust TripAdvisor and be weary of Viator reviews

Date of experience: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,231)

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile