1,097 results
All reviews spanish steps classic suite boutique hotel great location nespresso machine rooftop terrace piazza del popolo de russie deluxe room main building heart of rome within walking distance rooms are large villa borghese breakfast area special thanks sister hotel
Reviewed 4 June 2015

This is a great little hotel within walking distance to all the major attractions except the vatican. It was right down the street from the Spanish Steps and just past that to the Trevi Fountain (which btw is under renovation). We also walked to the pantheon and Plaza Navona. Plenty of great restaurants and shopping close by.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Greyhound14Miami
RomeLuxurySuites, Direttore at Babuino 181, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Babuino 181.

We agree with you that our location is ideal for exploring Rome and there is no better way to see Rome than exploring the city on foot.

We hope to be your hosts again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2015

My husband and I started our honeymoon in Rome, and found this lovely hotel right in the heart of all of the sights we wanted to see when while we were visiting. The street the hotel is located on is charming, and has lots of shops and is a stone's throw from the Spanish Steps where there is always something (like music or improv) to see. It is also very easily walkable to many of the sites in Rome, or if you prefer, very short cab rides. Our room was incredibly comfortable, and decorated in a beautiful modern yet classic way. The hotel staff was friendly, knowledgeable and offered us great advice on where to eat locally and the best way to see the sites.

We were also able to set up a private tour guide through our hotel, and we found that this was one of the best ways to see the Vatican as well as the Catacombs and underground churches in Rome. They offered several different tours and we combined two for an all day adventure. The only negative of the tour is that we had to pay in cash - but we found that this was pretty standard in the city.

The hotel also offers rooftop drinks at the bar and we found this to be a delightful way to prop up our feet after a day of sightseeing and before spending the night on the town. With the hotel being so centrally located, it was easy to come back, freshen up and head out again.

I hope we get back to Rome soon - and when we do, this will definitely be where we stay!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
RomeLuxurySuites, Direttore at Babuino 181, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2015

Dear Laurie,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review and for celebrating your honeymoon in Rome of Babuino 181.

I’m very happy you a found your stay with us pleasurable and our central location well suited for exploring Rome the way true Romans do – on foot. It’s wonderful to hear you took advantage of the rooftop terrace to enjoy drinks there in the evening before heading out to dinner.

Thank you also for your kind words about our spacious and finely detailed rooms as well as our attentive and efficient staff.

Please let us know when you plan your next trip - we love welcoming back our return customers

Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

I had 2 nights on a stopover Rome and made the most of my stay. Loved this sophisticated modern hotel. Rooms are large and comfortable. Close walk to restaurants, cafés, monuments and shopping.

Having a restaurant was convenient for breakfast though there are several options near by.

The staff was very helpful with directions and recommendations. Felt like my own apartment in Rome.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Shelly W

Dear Shelly,

Thank you for your review of Babuino 181.

I’m glad you enjoyed our great location, the spaciousness and comfort of your room, and that it felt like your Roman home away from home. I’m also pleased to know that the staff was able to assist you during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2015

This boutique hotel is an example of excellence, you make a wish and everything comes true. Starting from the luxurious rooms, up-to the roof terrace. In room privacy is very noticeable due to the shutter system that allow for a pitch black room, when sunlight is needed the terrace that opens and lets natures weather and light take its course.
Waking up in the morning and being greeted by Noura with her warm smile and hospitality, then going into the Terrace Roof Top, where you are having breakfast indoor with an outdoors feeling and enjoying a clear sky view. Walking down into the reception you will find Teodora and Veronica standing in the reception mingling with everyone and welcoming them into their home. The owner Mr. Alberto Monacada and Doris the general manager and their well trained staff are always keen on helping out anyone, of course with a smile on their face.
To summarize all the above: prime location, optimizing customer services, optimistic staff, supportive team, comfortable and well kept rooms. Mohamed Ihab kamel

Room Tip: Not any roof room
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank m0hamed29
RomeLuxurySuites, Direttore at Babuino 181, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2015

Dear Mohamed,

Thank you for the wonderful review on Babuino 181.

We are honored to hear that you consider Babuino 181 an example of excellence as we pride ourselves on attentive service and are always seeking to offer a luxurious “haven” for all of our guests. Thank you for mentioning many of our staff by name and I will be sure to share your comments with them. I am also delighted that you appreciated the comforts of your room as well as our lovely roof top terrace where breakfast is served.

I look forward to your next visit and hope you will ask for me as I’d love to thank you personally for your patronage.

Reviewed 16 May 2015

Stayed here 1 night in May with my husband . Beautiful new upscale hotel, within walking distance of Spanish steps . The main building has a street level reception area several floors and a rooftop bar/ breakfast area. The second building ( we were in) is across the street the rooms are all newly refurbished and absolutely gorgeous , pristine marble bathrooms with full tub and separate shower . Our room on the second floor was small but lovely -no real view and a bit dark (view may be better on a higher floor). Hotel includes free unlimited bottled water , they also supplied a bowl of fresh fruit in the room , and two welcome cocktails on the rooftop bar. In addition to the standard fare street map they supply a "Roman Journal "with favorite place to eat and visit while you are in Rome. We booked through Mr & Mrs Smith website and they included for us a bottle of Prosecco which was on ice when we arrived. The front desk arranged a driver for us and cost was 60 euro to the airport , this was slightly higher than the taxi rate ( 48 euro) but we were picked up on time and driven in a beautiful new Mercedes to the airport. We also took a taxi from the train terminal and that was about 20 euro ( tip included). There are some high end shops nearby along with several good resteraunts .

Room Tip: Higher may be better if you want a brighter room, though I believe there are only four or five floors in each building.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank golizzy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a thorough review of your experience at Babuino 181.

I’m pleased to hear that you appreciated the details of the rooms as they were designed to the highest standards. I hope you found the journal helpful as I share my favorite places with guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!