Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$436
US$376
  • Restaurant
Camping Village Fabulous(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$238
US$179
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
US$188
US$165
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

Barocco Hotel(Rome)
US$370
US$237
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$264/night.

US$222
US$171
  • Room Service
US$497
US$416
US$531
US$397
1,074 results
All reviewsspanish stepsclassic suiteboutique hotelgreat locationnespresso machinerooftop terracepiazza del popolode russiedeluxe roommain buildingheart of romewithin walking distancerooms are largevilla borghesebreakfast areasister hotelspecial thanks
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hotel Babuino 181, it's a quaint hotel in a fabulous location. The staff are very friendly and helpful, they gave us suggestions most nights for restaurants and we were never disappointed.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Fantastic find - great location - you really wouldn't want to stay anywhere else once you have stayed here. It is on a lovely street that leads you down to the Spanish Steps and is very close to all the amazing shopping streets with lovely little cafes and restaurants on. The room was excellent, it had everything you needed, the staff were very friendly and helpful - they recommended a great restaurant close by and we ended up going there twice it was so good. So many nice touches to this hotel, the complimentary drinks on the roof terrace every evening were super and the constant clean towels that appeared in our room whenever we left it.

I love Rome and cannot wait to go back and I now don't want to try any place else to stay. It is like having your own apartment in Rome. Highly recommend!

3  Thank SB5
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This stylish hotel is in a good location, with helpful and friendly staff (who spoke excellent English). The room (deluxe) was spacious and clean, with fresh pillowcases every night, which was a nice touch. Complimentary bottled water provided also. Didn't have breakfast, but the roof terrace looked very pretty. The only minor complaint is occasional street noise in the middle of the night (voices) - if you are a light sleeper, take earplugs - which will easily then block this out. Would stay here again.

3  Thank pebble082
Reviewed 17 November 2012

The location is nice, near Spanish steps, and the staff were the highlight......very good.

But we booked two deluxe king rooms which they tried to get 460 euros each for directly, but through a discount site we got for 280 euros, and it wasn't high season. For the rooms we got , which were very disappointing .....this is too much.
Also the noise was terrible from the street, even though it had double glazing. It made no difference, so expect a broken nights sleep.

For a reasonably new establishment well recommended, the rooms were shabby and needed a paint, and the showers had grout off everywhere.
Go elsewhere for this price.

1  Thank Tooraktraveller
assemh, Owner at Babuino 181, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Dear Mr Toorak,

I wanted to thank you for writing a review on our boutique hotel Babuino 181.

I was very glad to see that you enjoyed our Spanish Steps location and that you thought our staff was very helpful.

I want to point out that the higher rate you found on our web site was for a deluxe suite while your booking was for a double room. We don't use discount sites and we operate on a "rate parity" basis on all e-channels.

I apologize that your room was not in a perfect form. The problem you experienced came from an unfortunate leak in the shower which has now been repaired.

If you plan to come back to Rome please contact me directly and I will make sure that you will experience Babuino 181 at its best!

Alberto Moncada

Reviewed 14 November 2012

I go to Rome once a year and it is an endless hotel hunt for me. This was a real surprise. It's a great location- central to everything but far enough away from the crowds of the Spanish Steps which feels claustrophobic to me. The front desk staff is helpful and efficient. Our room was great- it had a living room eating area, large bedroom, large bathroom, a powder room and a covered balcony. It is a little loud at night because of the outdoor restaurant next to the hotel but it didn't keep me up at night. They have an espresso machine in the room that I didn't know I would enjoy so much. Before dinner, you can go to the rooftop and they put drinks out and you can serve yourself. Everything was clean and for Rome, it was a really good sized room. It's a very laid back hotel so it's perfect if you know what you are doing in Rome. I really enjoyed my stay at Babuino 181.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family