“the perfect evening!”

Vino Roma
Ranked #1 of 567 Nightlife in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A wine experience like no other! Wine is an important part of Italian culture. At VinoRoma wine tastings/seminars we give you the key to understanding Italian wines and your taste so you can continue exploring on your own, too. Not intimidating, stuffy or confusing - a lot of fun and very insightful! Nice side effect: you will learn a lot about food, too!Drink wine. Not too much. Mostly Italian.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Speyer, Germany
3 attraction reviews
“the perfect evening!”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I and 5 friends recently attended a vino roma afternoon wine tasting while in Rome in Feb. Hande, is the perfect sommelier for the evening, able to adapt to our different levels in wine experience. She made booking the event totally easy, and is a divine hostess. If you are extremely experienced with wine, she is right there with you and if you are a total beginner (some of us are), she is also perfect. And if you don't care about wine at all, this is still a different and incredibly enjoyable way to spend an evening in the eternal city. Everyone should try!

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
“Learned a lot, very enjoyable”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Hande, thank you so much for a wonderful evening! We had so much fun and the things we learned have been so helpful, not only in Italy, but everywhere ever since. A couple of things you thought us stuck (putting it into words, if it grows together..., food!) forever I think and we are enjoying drinking wine so much more. I recommend every wine drinker, no matter at what level, to attend a tasting with vinoroma. Keep up the good work, Hande.

Visited December 2011
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Even a Wine Maven Learned Something - MUST DO”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Being in the wine business for over 20 years, I was sceptical this tasting could teach me something (their claim) but had to check out what a very good friend who visited last year was raving about. This woman has understood what moves regular wine lovers and developed a perfect concept on how to give everyone something he will enjoy. She is doing pioneer work, for people like me who are selling wine back in the US: We have to all kiss her (which I did) and give her all the help. She made it very enjoyable for everyone in the diverse group (were 8 on this evening) to sit and sip wines with her, though the emphasis is definitely the learning. Now, did I, the expert, learn something? Maybe nothing on the technical side but she really did help me understand some philosophies I encounter among Italian wine makers and I even got to taste a completely new wine type I had never heard of before (which is a feat!) that I will look into now, her intorductory info was extensive, I just have to visit the region.
A must do for everyone who drinks wine, whatever knowledge level.

1 Thank WineMaven641
Malmo, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“excellent for us & our teenagers, too”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Hande held a great tasting, i can't imagine any better way to introduce my teenagers (17 & 18) to wine culture. She managed to get them to listen to and think about things I as a parent couldn't have. And we, the parents, learned a lot, too. We weren't necesarilz expecting this, sine we are well-versed wine drinkers and have a great system in Sweden. For the first time in my life I thought I *want to* drink white wine. Well done, Hande.

3 Thank Ralf W
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“eat & drink like gods!”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

£ of my friends and I joined the wine & cheese lunch. What's not to like? we had heavenly cheeses, some from local farmers and not to be found anywhere else. Drank 4 wines (sparkling - new to me, not prosecco! -, white, red and dessert). I thought I would not like the dessert wine but she had a secret weapon to show me better. You have to go to find out what it is ;) There were also very good looking salami and ham but I didn't have any. It was fun first learning about the wines and tasting them by themselves and just when you thought you know how it is, you would be surprised by how much it changed depending on what cheese you just ate with it. Definitely will pay more attention to what I am drinking from now on. We also had a lot of fun. Recommended.

1 Thank tripforfunM