“Best ice cream in Naples”
Review of Mennella Il Gelato

Mennella Il Gelato
Ranked #8 of 164 Dessert in Naples
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Absolutely delicious. A 'small' cone or cup costs €2.50, but the portion is big enough to constitute a whole meal.

I sampled milk chocolate, as well as a flavour that was completely new to me: almond and orange. Almond and orange was fantastic. Loved it.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Absolutely delicious gelato for our 20 minute interval at the theatre. We were served quickly after paying first and getting a numbered ticket. 2.50 Euros gave us 2 HUGE scoops on a fresh waffle cone. Lots of favourite flavours to choose from. I enjoyed vanilla chocolate chip icecream and lemon gelato, an unusual combination but it worked, although next time I would choose the gelato first as it did not melt as quickly as the icecream! A must do on a hot Summers evening in Naples!

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Following my well-valued pizza dinner, I found this gelato shop just around the corner. It was the most generous two scoops of gelato I have had for a small size at a cost of only 2.50 euros. The special fruit gelato was excellent and the pistachio average. Service is what I want when waiting for gelato - efficient. Definitely worth a return visit to try other flavors on the cones prepared on-site.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

One word to describe was taste is WOW. After walking on the hot streets of Naples this place is pure bliss. The Gelato is tasty and the provide you huge portions. I just got two scoops still I cannot finish it. The cream which they put on above the Gelato is amazingly tasty.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Mennella is the best spot for gelato in Naples! You'll pay as you go in & get a ticket w/ a number on it; when the number is called and/or flashes on the screen you simply step up and let them know what flavors. I'd recommend getting a small cone (trust me, it's not that small!) for 2.50 euro. You get to pick 2 flavors and the waffle cones are made in-house and so delicious. Enjoy!

1  Thank LolaNapoli