See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Hotel situated a good 10 mins.walk from the metro station , but hey! we need the exercise to keep the weight down. Rooms are clean and adequate but must agree with other reviewers that the partition walls are virtually non existant as any noise carries straight through the rooms. A very bad point which needs to be adressed by substantial thickening with insulation.
The breakfast provided is pretty basic but then again better than that provided at some of the hotels with a similar rating. I would say that improving the quality would be a step in the right direction. A little cheese and salami would also be appreciated if provided.
The staff, on the whole are very friendly but,apart from the manager,there is very little understanding of English so it does help to have some understanding of Italian.
Not the best of hotels but then it does provide essentials at a fair price
This hotel does have its drawbacks but I will certainly consider staying here again.

Room tip: Facing garden
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Due to my client falling I'll on his Cruise I required to stay near the hospital. I popped into the hotel before booking and agreed to a price which I found on one of the booking sites. When I arrived the staff had changed over and there was language difficult as the gentleman didn't speak English. however he was very friendly and helpful and wouldn't take any money until I had spoken to the manager In the morning.

After having breakfast which wasn't great and very limited had to look for staff to get Milk again language difficult.

On speaking to the manager he disagreed with the price and said he couldn't agreed to the price his staff had agreed to. We did come to an amount but very disappointed I was more interested getting to my client.

When I asked if I could book day by day he couldn't do this but if I booked a week he could not very helpful even after explaining what had happened. I booked one extra night but the bed was hard room very basic I moved on.

The manager was helpful and polite but very disappointed with the price not being honoured. I would only use this hotel in an emergency as it is near the hospital not many hotel near by.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Clive G
green p, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Green Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Sometimes the talk clear and very difficult .Our availability for the requested period was poor and it was difficult to take the rooms commitments because period of low availability .The price could not be granted .For sure our willingness to be available is part our Misione but sometimes you can also evaluate with an eye not cruise but requiring regular human.

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

When we got dropped off by the taxi and saw the location of the hotel we thought "this can't be good". Sure enough it wasn't. The hotel star rating is 3, but reality is that it is a mere 2* (if that!) for the following reasons:

1. Location: It is near hospitals, medical university and some gated day surgery "offices" that looks like a place you would go for a cheap face lift and come out with something other than what you wanted. One good thing about the location is that it is walking distance to the metro station Policlinico, which is direct line to city centre.

2. Staff: When we arrived we had to wait for the staff for at least 5-10 minutes to greet us because he was busy having a smoke and chatting with someone else (who either also works there or is a frequent person who hangs about the place).

We got there before check in time, but was accommodated so got our rooms in 20 minutes, but had to wait longer for my mum's room.

Friendly enough staff, but at times when we asked something we felt we were inconveniencing them by disrupting them from watching TV in the lobby or smoking.

We wanted to go to Positano or Sorrento for the day. We asked a staff how we could get there. We were told only by taxi to Positano. We asked for a cab to be called and was told we could get a shuttle bus instead. When we asked how much he said it would cost 200 euros, which apparently is cheaper than taxi. I decided to look this up and we ended up cancelling the whole thing. We were rudely asked why and was given attitude when we cancelled and said we don't want to go or pay 200 euros. Ended up taking public transport to Pompeii and Sorrento instead.

Rooms: Absolutely horrible!!! We should have taken pictures, but didn't for whatever reason. The room we were in had a foul sewage smell in the bathroom. The walls were thin as paper, as we heard other rooms with their TV on and someone snoring.

There was a mini bar fridge in our room, which was stocked up, but the fridge wasn't working and is covered in mould!!!

The bed is very hard. My mum seemed to have gotten the better room from what we could see when others opened their room doors as we walked by.

Breakfast options were terrible. If you have a gluten issue or on a no carb diet than you are out of luck. For the three days there we had choices of different croissants, store bought cakes, old fruits, cereals and sugary fruit "juices". Only good thing is the coffees!

Overall, place was clean enough, but definitely not 3* worthy! I think we were the only non Italian visitors staying there. Oh and there is no city map for you to plan your visit or anyone who spoke enough English to help you other than point you in the direction of closest Metro station.

We agree with other reviewers on here. Run! Don't stay here and not a 3* for sure.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
green p, Direttore generale at Green Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Dear Customer her so long description and chat shows us that many times education is taken for stupidity. We do not say that the hotel is .... but the three stars do not value the human content and material that has had.
That is, for each review so it should be the end of each thing to something our habit and thought diverso.I numbers do not we create ourselves but the professionals of the services required for durability and quality. Despite all this it teaches us that any time is the right time.

Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

This hotel is far from city center. You have to walk for about 15 minutes for the closest underground station. It takes half an hour to reach the center by the underground train. The hotel's garden is nice and there is a tiny birdhouse in the garden. The room was like from the medieval times with no proper heating facilities. It had a nice terrace though. The personnel was kind but did not speak English (even the receptionists' English was quite poor). The walls separating the rooms must have been made out of paper. The next door guy's snooring made it very very hard to sleep (every night). I am not complaining about the TV programmes watched by the other room's customers. The breakfast offered almost nothing. It was very poor. The lady working in the breakfast area was very friendly but that could not be substituted for breakfast. Contrary to some other previous reviews, I would not ever like to stay in this hotel again.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com