See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

An eclectic hotel in a great location in Napoli. Very close to shops and amazing pizzas. Rooms were basic but clean and staff were polite. Wifi is not really available in the room and can only be accessed in the communal area. Windows aren't double glazed so you can hear the cars outside but breakfast is included in the room rate. Overall great value.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We spent 6 nights in this hotel, and were welcomed and given lots of help and advice. The owner recommended excellent places to eat, where the locals go, and also some interesting places to visit that were not in our guidebook. The place is very clean and modern and was a pleasure to return to after our days out. We were at first a little alarmed by the road and graffiti, but that is Central Naples, the historical heart of the city, we felt safe, as well as privileged being able to walk easily to most of the places we wanted to visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Me and my sister have just arrived back in the UK after staying here for 3 nights. It's an absolute mission to find in a dodgy area of Naples (the whole of Naples is pretty dodgy to be honest!). There was no warm welcome, simply one word grunts from a man who we assumed was called 'Irish' from the information in the room. He did not smile once, no customer service whatsoever. We settled in to an alright room with very small beds and a poorly maintained bathroom that had holes in the top of the door where building work had not been finished. It got quite cold later on so I turned the radiator up, I also told the grumpy Irish it was cold and he said leave the radiator on for 30 minutes...well we had been in the room for over an hour with it on full blast. Breakfast was fine,although Irish was plundering around pointing to a bowl when I asked for a bowl! Again-no customer service!

On the third night, I asked for blankets as there was only a thin sheet and a thin blanket on the beds and Irish just said 'no only one'. Great, so do we just stay cold then in your accommodation where you are providing a service for your customers??

We met Alessandro (who I assume was the owner as he emailed me after booking) and he was lovely himself saying they could clean our room when we left at 1115, despite Irish saying he could only clean if we left before 11.

The only great thing about the accommodation was the powerful hot shower and erm....what else....the owner was lovely so it's unfortunate he has such an awful assistant working for him who is ultimately the face of the accommodation.

We were not expecting 4 star accommodation but we expected customer service of a minimum standard, this we did not get on any way shape or form apart from the 5 minute interaction with the owner. I'd highly recommend the owner take control of the customer service by changing the assistance or doing it himself, the review score might have been a bit higher.

We had an amazing time in Italy, but it was dampened by the shocking customer service.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank RebeccaAmsterdam
Alessandro E, Proprietario at The Fresh Glamour Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your review.

I inform you that my assistant takes care of cleaning the room during the morning and serve the breakfast until 10am. At The Fresh we do not have a continuous customer service for various information you can meet me in the morning and a few hours in the evening.
There is central heating that starts in the morning and in the evening.

The locaiton is perfect and the fresh is located in the heart of historical center a nice place, nice but not disreputable as you say. Here's' life, color, folklore Naples is so either love it or hate it

We guarantee a good cleaning of the room. every day. We met in the morning I remember well and I asked if we could clean the room,I have not received other requests from you that day, I do not understand why. You could write me an email and I I immediately helped, I'm sorry for the poor service that you have encountered.

Sincerely
Alessandro

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We arrived in Napoli late at night. The city scared us a little bit. Graffitti EVERYWHERE !!!!! First imprsessiin was really negative. In a small street, where you could not see the difference between the houses and the garagedoors because graffitti everywhere on the first floor is the " fresh glamour hotel". When you open the door on the first floor you enter in an other world. Clean, modern, beautiful colours, ..... Also the room are OK, spatious, clean, ..... The welcoming in the hotel was in accordance withe the street... Rude, impolite... Hardly any english ..... Even hardly any italian ..... The calm during the night was ok, in the morning it was a different story. Our room ( "TWO") layed just beside the entrance/ breakfast room. At 7 o'clock the housekeeper started preparing breakfast. What a noise !!!!! Tables, chairs, plates, glasses, bread, coffee,.... It all passed in front of our door. Sleeping became impossible. After this the housekeeper thought it was time to make some phonecalls. It was as if he was standing besides our bed ...... After the phonecalls the owner past by. I assure you, the conversation between owner and housekeeper was something you don't want the hear at 8 o'clock in the morning ...... So we had no choice, we came out of bed. The batrooom was also bright and modern, but the toilet was in a (very) narrow corner. Impossible ( for the ladies) to sit down. The breakfast was very basic, 1 " croissant" per person. After you took your croissant, the housekeeper took the left over croissants away, probably for guests who came to breakfast after us. Some slices of bread, cereals, ... And a cake that was fresh the first day we arrived, but that was (partly) still there the day we left .... ( 3 days later). To resume ...... The price we payed was more than ok (110€ for 3 nights) but you always receive what you payed for.......

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Alessandro E, Proprietario at The Fresh Glamour Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving your review.
Our goal is not to reach perfection but ensure adequate services to the prices paid. We believe that the price paid was more 'right, and note that he paid a price in low season. The Our ​​breakfast buffet starts from 8 till 10 and includes a number of things, but not just a croissants: you found cereals, biscuits, toast, juice, different jams, fresh fruit, toast, nutella. We believe it is right and appropriate. The cake is done every 2 days based on consumption and is always fresh. We realize that every time we lower the prices, customers are becoming more demanding. We believe that for your needs would have to book a 4 star hotel.

We are sure that the cleaning , the central location and the comfort you find in our rooms, make The Fresh one of the best solutions of the historic center . The high season prices vary from 70 to 85 € in double room. You paid very little but we made sure all services not excluding anything during your stay at The Fresh.

Regards

Alessandro Esposito / Owner

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Loved this boutique hotel! Fresh, as the name states, modern style, smack in the middle of the action in Naples. Just enough breakfast for a California girl on the go...great service, The Fresh Glamour is top notch! Grazie, see you again. xx

• Stayed: May 2013