All reviews nice hotel pool area poolside bar perfect place to relax campi flegrei naples centre relaxing stay a bit dodgy minute walk from the hotel family room noisy at night train station amalfi coast stayed here for nights visit naples air conditioning agnano
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We drove to Naples so had the flexibility to drive that little further tour of town for what we needed. The room was ok, a/c was good but dropped with water after a few hours of being on. Pool was great and breakfast wasn't too bad. The staff were ok, poolside food not fantastic but for a few nights as a base it was fine. I would stay there again but Naples in general seemed to be very run down so it's probably not that bad in comparison to others perhaps.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed there for two weeks, our stay was just perfect !

The hotel is a bit far from the city center but it's the perfect place to relax thanks to the big swimming pool. There is a train who goes to the city center in 35 minutes (station Bagnoli).

The food is great and there is a good choice in the menu. We were there for my sister's birthday and they made a chocolate cake for her with candles.

A big thanks to Roberto, who was working in the restaurant, for his kindness and his professionalism ! We really appreciated his work.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lara D
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights august 2017. First of all definitely not a 4 star hotel, rooms are very small and basic, no mirror except for a small one in the bathroom, walls are paper thin, making it difficult to get a good nights sleep. Dodgy plug sockets. Rooms are very far away from pool/reception need to take two lifts to get there. Had lunch and dinner in the restaurant but again not great quality and very tasteless!...hotel recommends on tripadvisor le due Palme as nearby restaurant, I can only imagine they do so, in order to turn you off ever leaving the hotel..food was terrible and not a nice area outside the hotel at all!! Metro is a good 15 min walk from the hotel again down a dodgy road.

The main reason to stay here would be the pool area, it was nice and clean, good loungers, having to wear swimming cap was a little strange. Pool caps are €3 and you can rent pool towels for €2. The staff wer absolutely lovely. And the breakfast was very good. Taxi to Naples train station is set price of €24.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay with very helpful staff. Place of tranquility in the madness of Naples. Not much close by so you have to get taxis although there is a fantastic pizza shop over the road. The pool is superb and the breakfast is great too.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The Pros of the Montespina Hotel:
- The location of the hotel is an escape to paradise from the chaos of Naples city centre. Once you are in the hotel it is hard to believe that the city is only a short train ride away. It allows for a relaxing stay, immersed in nature, but having the benefits of the city close to hand at the same time.
- Beautiful swimming pool and garden area. The swimming pool is big, very clean, plenty of sun loungers and parasols for everybody and all immersed in beautiful well maintained gardens. The photos of the pool area on the website are completely accurate and you will not be disappointed. I would return to this hotel just for the pool and gardens.
- Ideal hotel for people travelling in the very hot Summer months especially with children because after a long day in the city, coming back to the refreshing Montespina pool was a luxury.
- Staff were very pleasant, polite and helpful. Any request was acted upon immediately in a pleasant manner. I never felt I was being a burden.
- Option available to rent towels at the swimming pool for just 2 euros.
- Poolside bar
- Free parking in a very safe location with ample car spaces for everyone.
- Hotel grounds are huge which is rare for a city hotel. Plenty of room to just sit outside, relax and soak up the tranquil atmosphere.
- Easy access to the airport
- The sweet products at breakfast were delicious and great quality.
- Clothes airer provided on balconies for easy outdoor drying of wet bathing suits.
- Comfortable beds
The Cons:
- As the pool area and gardens are the hotel's best features in my opinion, I would not recommend this hotel for a Winter stay in Naples. This hotel is best enjoyed in the Summer months.
- The location of the hotel is not ideal for those travelling without a car. The train station of Agnano is a 15 minute walk from the hotel but not ideal in hot temperatures if walking there with young children. The area from the hotel to the station is quite ugly and maybe a bit dodgy so I would not feel comfortable walking back that road in the dark. If the swimming pool facility is not of interest to you, yet you want to visit Naples then maybe a hotel within the city centre might be a better option
- No areas around the hotel for nice walks, shopping etc.if you just fancy an evening stroll without taking your car or a taxi.
- The hotel advertise free WIFI but we had no connection from our room ( 205 ). We had connection from the main parts of the hotel only ( lobby, pool, dining areas )
- The furniture in the rooms is very dated especially the bathrooms. Our bathroom was poorly ventilated with no window or fan and therefore the ceiling was covered in mold. I was not impressed with this considering the 4 star rating. Bathroom was also tiny with no room to put anything.
- We had room 205 that catered for 4 people. The balcony of this room overlooked the hotel main entrance gate and a very busy road. Leaving the balcony door open was not an option because the noise and pollution from the road entered our room. This was a problem during the night when it is preferable to sleep with the A/C turned off. Sleeping with the door closed made for a hot and stuffy room as we were there during the month of July. If I return to the hotel I will request a pool side room. Room 205 is also located quite a distance from the main part of the hotel due to the way the hotel is structured. Too many elevators and corridors so not very practical with small children and lots of baggage.
- On arrival our safe would not work so I called reception. Staff acted immediately but the repair could not be carried out until later the next morning. This was not practical as it meant I was one evening and one day without a safe in a city where all forums advise to leave all valuables at the hotel when visiting the city. The kind staff did offer me the solution to leave my things at the reception in the meantime while the safe was being repaired. With a 4 star rating I would expect the safe to be in proper working order for a guests arrival.
If I go to Naples again in the Summer months I would definitely return to the Montespina Park because of the beautiful gardens and pool. It is by far the hotel's best feature.

Room Tip: Request a room at the gardens near the swimming pool as they are in a quiet and pretty location.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family