I don't know how to describe a place that is so very awesome. I could try but then when you throw in the awesome(r) host it becomes all the more difficult er... impossible. But I shall try and for that I have broken my review down into the following heads:
A. The rooms and the view
When I was looking at the place my primary concern was how good the the view would be. It is spectacular to say the least! Villa Monica only has a limited few rooms and they all have the same view, so you don't have to worry that you are taking a room when a better alternative is available at the same price. The rooms are comfortable and more importantly really clean. The bathrooms are convenient and has all the amenities. The morning breakfast served here is sumptuous.
B. The distance from City Center
It was a huge concern for us that we would be away from the city center, but Pasquale (Mr. Awesome Host) makes that trip better than your trip would be to a B&B or a hotel in the city center. He is around to pick you and drop off and a very convenient set of multiple timings for the service is available. So let this not be a concern for you because staying at city center would essentially mean you miss out on the breathtaking views from uphill, which is essentially what a stay at Sorrento for us entailed. The choice was a difficult one but we are really glad to have made it.
C. Sorrento and around
We drove up to Ravello on the SS163, something that my boyfriend and I had wanted to do on our trip to Amalfi. This is one of the many things one could do here. There are treks or trips to Capri that one can choose from. Yet again Pasquale is the best man to go to for any information on any of these options.
So if you are looking to go to Sorrento this is the only place you should consider staying at.
I would also like to take the opportunity to thank Pasquale for every bit of the lovely host that he was to us. He knows Sorrento and the surroundings in and out and he is never overbearing in his suggestions. He really does go out of his way to help and I really mean out of the way. Thank you so much Pasquale, Madhu and I can't thank you enough and we look forward to being back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Monica B&B is a family charming Bed and Breakfast on the hills of Sorrento. With a beatiful view !! For our guests a convenient free shuttle service all day. Breakfast and wifi free..!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Monica B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Monica Bed And Breakfast
- Villa Monica Hotel Sorrento