My son and I stayed at Villa Monica for three nights. In this review I will cover the location, the room, the breakfast, the hospitality and our overall impression.
However before I go on I really feel that everyone should go to Sorrento and stay at Villa Monica as it’s a destination worthy in its own right. I have travelled a lot, on this trip alone we covered Rome, down to Sicily and then up through Umbria, Emilia-Romagna and into the Tyrol (for skiing). Villa Monica was a high point for many reasons, explained below. However the most significant are almost intangible. The wonderful humour that Pasquale infused, the welcome that we received, the attention to detail that we appreciated, the advice that was personalised for us and the care he took to ensure that we were happy, safe and cared for while at Villa Monica. Villa Monica and Pasquale is what a superb Bed and Breakfast should be.
Location is everything and Villa Monica has it. You just have to reach it. My advice is, when you get to Sorrento, call Pasquale to pick you up or give you further advice. However when you get to the villa the view is amazing you can see the entire bay from your room and all the way to Vesuvius (on a clear day).
Our room was wonderful with far more than we expected. Complete with slippers, bath robes, comfortable beds and balcony with the most amazing view.
Pasquale is up early ready to welcome you for breakfast. The breakfast table is complete with fresh local produce including buns, cheeses, hams, fruits and cakes. There is far more then you could eat, but that won’t stop you from trying everything. Pasquale is there to make sure you have a good day planned and that you have the best coffee to compliment your breakfast and start your day.
Of all the Bed and Breakfasts we stayed in during our holiday Villa Monica stands out because of the personal attention to detail. This extended down to the smallest details. An example is, I left my diamond earrings on the dresser when we left (they were small and we were travelling). Pasquale reassured me that they would be safe and ensured they were safely packed and posted home to me. I was happy to welcome them home on my arrival back.
In summary Villa Monica is a treasure and worth the climb up the mountain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Monica B&B is a charming Bed and Breakfast on the hills of Sorrento. With a beatiful view !! For our guests a convenient free shuttle service. Breakfast and wifi free..!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Monica B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Monica Bed And Breakfast
- Villa Monica Hotel Sorrento