3,857 results
All reviews the executive lounge indoor pool kids club diamond member settimo lounge bay of naples sea view large hotel walk into town family room up hill beautiful hotel mount vesuvius an upgrade main restaurant top floor train station
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Sorrento isn't the easiest place to get to, but once there, this hotel is really good and I would recommend it. From my experience in staying here, I can't fault anything. All interactions with the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the service really attentive. My 2nd floor room was good and had views across the bay to Naples and Vesuvius - on a bright sunny day it's stunning.

One tip: if you fly in via Rome, take the train from Termini down to Naples and then the local Circumvesuviana train from Naples to Sorrento - it's an education!

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Stayed for 3 days. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Front desk staff explained everything and gave you a map with instructions. Room and bathroom was spotless and very spacious. Breakfast offered a wide variety which was excellent. Pleasant walk to town about 10 minutes. Never ate at the hotel. Ate at the English Inn which was very good and staff very pleasant. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2018

The pros: The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the wait staff in the bar area. Ginero was the man! The pool and grounds are lovely and the views of the coast and mountains are incredible from just about every level. The cons: The rooms, while clean, are very basic for a Hilton in my opinion. The doors to the rooms are very loud when closed and the hallways carry a heavy echo. This made sleeping in past 7 or 8 am almost impossible as you could hear every hotel guest or housekeeper loud and clear, coming and going or talking in the hall from inside the room.

Date of stay: October 2018
HiltonSorrentoPalace, General Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Carman G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our property.
I was delighted to read your appreciations on the hotel facilities, the view and the staff. I have shared your comments with Gennaro, thank you.
I have also noted your disappointment on your room, for which I apologize. I am pleased to inform you that hotel started its refurbishment 2 years ago and this winter further rooms will be renovated. Therefore, we will be able to offer a huge number of refurbished and sound proofed rooms.
I would value the opportunity to restore your confidence in our Hotel and would appreciate if you could contact me directly may you wish to come back to Sorrento, so that I can help with your room selection and provide you with the exemplary service that keeps so many Guests returning to our hotel.
Best Regards,
Valeria Fruscio
Hilton Sorrento Palace

Reviewed 5 November 2018

The hotel and staff are both EXCELLENT! The restaurant is horrible, I order the "John Dory Fish" with purple potatoes, and clams, and it was honestly the worst dish I've had in years, The fish was way over cooked, as were the clams... the purple potatoes were mushy... bleh!

Room tip: The "family suites" havd zero views- you're looking at the mountain behind the hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2018

Stayed here for three days while visiting Sorrento. The hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk into the downtown square area. When we checked in we were given a map with instructions on the quickest route with an explanation that there are taxis available but very expensive for the distance they travel. We arrived a couple of hours before check in but they were able to accommodate us and put is into a room in the new section of the hotel. The room was a little sterile looking (very bright white) but clean and spacious. The lobby area is beautiful.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple