1,195 results
All reviews gio ponti private beach design hotel famous architect diving board the cliff free shuttle hotel shuttle sea view beautiful hotel bay of naples floor tiles amazing location shuttle service min walk loved this hotel breakfast was included
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

What is a 5 star hotel ? A 5 star hotel is not just one that is beautiful or beautifully located but also one that provides the 5 star service and amenities to have an unforgettable stay.
This hotel is breathtaking beautiful in terms of location and architecture (if you like minimalist / danish furniture style and the 60ies) but it lets down in other areas. The front desk and concierge staff are not well trained. They don't know how to manage customers and complaints and they show not to be too interested or organised. They always look at you puzzled not knowing how to handle any query or request.
In terms of rooms, the rooms have nice views but are very minimalistic, for example I had no vanity desk and mirror to get ready. (Only mirror inside the wardrobe or in the bathroom) personally I have never seen 5 star hotel (or even lower stars for that matter) that don't provide mirror for ladies in the bedroom. In terms of toiletries , there was no hair conditioner (!?!?) I mean honestly I don't know in which decade this hotel is , but it's probably the 60ies!! All women use air conditioning and it's standard amenity for a 5 star hotel ... as standard as shampoo... calling the front desk to ask for some , their response was "we dont have any"
I mean I don't know what 5 star means in Italy but in the world I travel a 5 star hotel would send someone out to get some hair conditioner , to make up for their short coming...
anyway to cut a long story short the above mentioned mistakes and lack of service was repeated during my whole 3 day stay...
there were two exceptions to the bad service:
the only two places with good service were the breakfast area and the beach area, where the waiting staff and managers were exceptional and kind. So they deserve better rating.
It's such a shame that the bad front desk and concierge and bad hotel management lets down the rest of the hotel.
I would not return to this hotel and I would only recommend it if you re not too fussed about services and you just want a beautiful location (but expect to pay the full 5 star price)
I really wanted to love this hotel but unfortunately it was not easy...

2  Thank NatassaMarkopoulou
Hotel_Management_RG, Direttore generale at Hotel Parco dei Principi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear NatassaMarkopoulou,

Warm greetings from Hotel Parco dei Principi!

Thank you very much for for taking the time to write this review following your recent visit in Sorrento.

All guest correspondence, weather if positive or negative, is read with true interest and all matters are shared with our management team with the aim of improving the services we offer.

Appreciate your kind words regarding the location, nice décor of the architect Gio Ponti and excellent service provided at breakfast and at the beach area.

On another hand, I’m sorry to learn that you were not completely satisfied with some aspects of your stay.

I would like to thank you for having provided this valuable feedback as this permits us to make the necessary improvements in our service and standards.

Your comments have identified areas of operational concern, and these have been discussed at length with all relevant parties. It is imperative that we are able to deliver on time and correctly in order that we ensure total client satisfaction.

I would be delighted if you would allow us the opportunity of regaining your confidence in the hotel for a future stay here at the Hotel Parco dei Principi.

In this respect, should you ever have plans to travel Sorrento again, I would be glad if you would contact my office for preferential handling of your reservation and a special upgrade to the best accommodation available.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

This was the second hotel we stayed at on our tour of Italy and it was very nice. Nice restaurant with gorgeous view of the seacoast. Very nice and well maintained grounds including a peaceful and picturesque garden. The room we had was spacious and very nice. Our room had a garden view and one in our party asked if we could get a room change to an ocean view and we were told that those rooms were full. I don't know for certain, but I expect that was just an excuse because our tour operator did not pay for ocean view rooms, since the entire time we were there I did not see anyone other than those on our tour until the day we checked out, so I know that unless the hotel had folks who never came out for breakfast or dinner, the hotel wasn't full when we were there.
We did go down to the water via elevator but going in to the water not going to happen because the water was too cold. There were two negatives at this hotel. The bus put us out at the street because 45 passenger busses are not allowed to drive down to the hotel entrance and the hotel is about a 5 minute walk. It's all downhill from the street, but all uphill returning from the hotel to the street. It's not a bad walk but is slippery when wet and if you have problems walking this could pose a problem. My main objection was that this hotel front desk refused making change for me on two occasions. I wanted to change some 20 euro notes into 5 and 10 euros for tips. The first time I asked, I was directed to the bar, where the bartender refused to make change. The next morning I asked again at the front desk and was told they could not make change. I was not told if this was hotel policy or they just didn't have change to make change for customers. Very disappointing because the hotel we stayed at in Rome made change for me on three different occasions, even changing 50 euro notes for us. I would recommend this hotel as long as you don't need change. If the hotel had made change for me I would have given it a 5 star rating, so know that this hotel is very nice, and the only reason they are getting a 4 is because they would not make change, so take that for what its worth..

Room tip: Ask if ocean view rooms are available, if you need a ride from the hotel to the street, aak if there is a golf cart available
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel_Management_RG, Direttore generale at Hotel Parco dei Principi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Dear Lamarbradley,

Warm greetings from Sorrento!

Thank you very much for the renewed preference for Hotel Parco dei Principi and for sharing your kind review about your overall experience.

We are extremely happy to learn that you have appreciated our beautiful property, well maintained grounds and the 18th century botanic garden, our comfortable and spacious rooms, the nice Gio Ponti restaurant with the amazing view on the bay of Naples.

On another hand, I am very sorry to read about some aspects of your stay that didn't live up with your expectations, specifically the circumstance of money exchange, Our commitment and our goal is mainly aimed at the fully satisfaction of our customers.
I highly consider your feedback regarding the attitude of some of our team members for which I do sincerely apologize. Your comments have identified key areas of concern that have been discussed at length with all relevant parties and rest assured that action has now been taken to ensure your experience remains isolated.

We truly look forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Sorrento.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

My wife and I recently went to Rome for a few nights, then to Sorrento for five more nights. Our travel agent recommended this hotel, even though a bit more than others we considered, and boy, was it worth every penny! The hotel itself is beautiful, and has incredible grounds , gardens, terraces, pool, and views. Our room was one of the highest, and had views that were incredible in all directions, and at all times of day and night, overlooking the Bay of Napoli, and providing the most beautiful sunsets. Better yet, they provided an easy shuttle to the heart of town ( even though it's an easy 15 minute walk), and we took advantage of the center of town, shopping, eating, and just walking around and talking it all in. We rented a car for a drive along the Amalfi Coast to Ravello, Amalfi, and Positano, stopping along the way to purchase beautiful ceramics from Picadilly, and wine from a local winery who shipped it to our home. We also took a ferry to Capri, and found the Rooftop restaurant, where we enjoyed mimosas, and savored the views of the beautiful coast. Sorrento has it all, and you can't find a better hotel for your stay than the Parco Dei Principi. They even have an elevator to the water level, and they not only have their own private beach, but also two "piers" for enjoying the beautiful sun and scenery, and a waterside restaurant. We loved every minute of it, and particularly loved the wonderful, helpful, and attractive staff who made every inquiry their pleasure to help with. With all that, and a wonderful location near charming and delightful restaurants very close by, don't overlook this delightful in every way place.

Room tip: If you stay here, you MUST have a room overlooking the water.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel_Management_RG, Direttore generale at Hotel Parco dei Principi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear Ghuether 2016,

Greetings from sunny beautiful Sorrento!

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback following your recent stay here at Hotel Parco dei Principi.

We are very happy to acknowledge your amazing comments regarding your overall experience in our sunny resort and very proud of your incredible enthusiasm and appreciation towards us.

Please rest assured that I will relay your kind words to the whole team!

We are truly grateful for your support and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Parco dei Principi.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

This was the 2nd hotel we stayed in on our Perillo tour of Northern Italy. What a beautiful Hotel. Our room had a balcony & faced the Garden. The restaurant faced the sea & the view was breathtaking. The staff was very accommodating & courteous.Breakfast was delicious & dinner was also good.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the water
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Sunny greetings from Sorrento!

We do acknowledge and appreciate your lovely remarks as we are always striving to ensure a high level of our customer satisfaction.

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and remained completely satisfied with your experience at the Parco dei Principi, in particular for the incredible location, beautiful hotel, amazing view and the overall service provided by the great team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny resort in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

Exceptional service with great rooms. The entire staff are always ready to help which made the visit very special.
The views , free breakfast and shuttle van to the heart of Sorrento couldn't be better. I truly believe this is a 5 start hotel without the extraordinary pricing. A great time to stay is early Oct when the weather is great and the crowds are gone.

Date of stay: October 2018
Hotel_Management_RG, Direttore generale at Hotel Parco dei Principi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Dear Anthony,

Greetings from sunny Sorrento!

Thank you indeed for sharing your feedback on your holiday experience at Hotel Parco dei Principi and for your amazing comments concerning our beautiful hotel, spectacular rooms overlooking the mediterranean sea, overall service, quality of breakfast, transportation service, the courtesy and efficiency of our team.

We are always striving to ensure a high level of our customer satisfaction.

We thank you for your visit and your preference for Hotel Parco dei Principi where we forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again.