“Family Dinner”

Piazza Duomo Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #29 of 112 Restaurants in Amalfi
Price range: US$41 - US$94
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2016

A family dinner not to be missed. We were looking for a spot to have dinner with our new Italian family by marriage and Piazza Duomo did not disapppoint. Staff quickly serving my young nephew and his mom and dad as it was getting late, so they could get him home and to bed was greatly appreciated. The rest of the family was able to relax and enjoy a wonderful meal. The beef cheeks were tender and delicious. No complaints from any family members.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

We have always been a little reluctant to chose an eatery right in the main village square. However, on our last night in Amalfi there was a wonderful wedding in progress so we decided to sit down and have a drink here while we enjoyed the ambiance. Eventually our drinks turned into dinner time and we thought - let's give it a go. I have to say we were both very impressed. If you are a meat eater they have some great beef dishes on the menu and for those with a more genteel palate - the menu is stacked with traditional vegetable based options as well as fish. Fresh too, very fresh - even the pasta! The prices are very very reasonable particularly for the red meat dishes. The staff are friendly and engaging which really helps when one doesn't speak the language! The wine list is pretty comprehensive as well, but nothing beats soaking up the atmosphere from a cozy alfresco table in the centre of the Duoma Square on your last evening in this gorgeous part of the world. So what are you waiting for? Very good. ❤️

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

My partner and I could not have rated this restaurant any higher!
The food is fantastic, fresh and worth every penny spent here. The 800g t-bone steak to share is a must
Salvatore, whom I believe is the manager, has a very warming and welcoming personality and who is also Antonio Banderas twin ;)
This restaurant is a must if you ever visit Amalfi!

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was amazing. The pasta was delicious and we splurged and got the steak which was completely worth the 40 euro! It was perfectly cooked and full of flavor. Best steak we had! Lots to do in the area too!

Reviewed 4 August 2016

My wife and I tried this restaurant once during our stay along the Amalfi Coast and were not disappointed. It has a great view of the square and cathedral. The food was the best there....second to none. The service was great and the manager was very friendly. We loved it so much that we stopped again on our last evening in Amalfi. I asked the manager what he recommended and was not disappointed. The steak was the best I ever had....thanks Salvatore.