1,113 results
All reviews glass elevator amalfi coast beautiful hotel pool area the cliff main restaurant complimentary shuttle elevator ride sea level private boat salt water pool our honeymoon five star hotel the entire staff every half hour mediterranean sea shuttle service
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We are only 3 nights into our stay here but simply had to do a mid week review as we are so blown away by this hotel. The service is so attentive and not intrusive that we could be anywhere in the world, with awful weather and scenery, and still have a magical time at this hotel. The from desk staff are so knowledgeable and keen to help that they will make your stay here perfect. The gardening team work tirelessly to maintain the stunning grounds, and always have time for a "hello" and a smile. Our chambermaids seem genuinely happy to work here and are always so upbeat. For us, our evening host, Rafaello, in the bar, has ensured every drink and every moment is perfect: he is fantastic! We have eaten out at a couple of gorgeous restaurants, but the hotel dinner menu and food is to die for...you can come here and not even go into Amalfi for dinner!

We look forward to the rest of our stay in our beautiful suite (77) which we were upgraded to free of charge. How we are ever going to leave this place is beyond us...thank you to a wonderful team of dedicated staff.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank RR111
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was exhausted from flying, we landed in Rome and took a car to the hotel. I planned this because I'm terrible with jetlag and I thought a few days on the coast would be relaxing before we started our 14 day tour.

When we arrived at the hotel I planned on sleeping for a bit and then going out. HA! Who could sleep after seeing the view!

When we arrived we were treated like royalty by the staff. The pictures on the website are beautiful but cannot do it justice. Just pulling up in front of this majestic hotel gave you a sense of calm and peace. The staff was courteous, warm and friendly. The hotel lobby was beautiful with its classic Mediterranean tile and decor, cool blues and inviting whites.

Our room also had Mediterranean tile with fresh white walls and beautiful blues to compliment them, but the most amazing site was the view from the balcony -- spectacular, breathtaking! Standing out there looking out over the sparkling blue waters of the Mediterranean, the boats floating majestically on the coastline, the city carved out of the mountain... the colors! OMG, why am I sitting here in my house and not there again!

There was no sleeping now... not with all this beauty! The town is in walking distance of the hotel, but you'll need to be a little careful because of the narrow streets. However, once you get there everything opens up at the base. What a treat to sit and sip on Limoncello and watch the sites and the people. We walked up thru the streets, which were full of life with beautiful stores and sites. I will say that it's a bit touristy and crowded in September, but still worth it.

After touring a bit we went back to the hotel for dinner. Well, I defy you to try and get a bad meal in Italy, and THC restaurant was no exception. The dining area is enclosed in glass and overlooks the city, simply beautiful. We ate at the Al Mare, which has outside seating overlooking the private beach and enjoyed a spectacular meal of linguini with cockles right from Sorrento. The meal, the service, the view... all spectacular.

After dinner we walked along a path lined with lemon trees. I think that was my favorite surprise. It was so beautiful and smelled so fresh and clean. I can't imagine having so many lemons just for the picking.

The following day ate breakfast in the georous restaurant also overlooking the sea, the breakfast did not disappoint. After, we took a boat ride to Positano and enjoyed another beautiful day of sites and meals. Then back to the hotel to relax at the bar, enjoy the amazing view and sip a limoncello (they were very liberal...lol).

The weather in September was delightful, but too cool for bathing, However, the hotels infinity pool looked gorgeous and inviting.

All in all I give this hotel five stars and highly recommend it - from beginning to end I was more then happy and satisfied.

Room tip: It cost more but a room with a view of the Mediterranean is worth every penny!
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank annlaceyrn
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

You can't beat the qualty of this hotel nor the view nor the service. It is expensive but you get ehat you pay for. If you have the means to stay here - its simply the best. The food, the services, the pool - luxury at its highest quality.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jonathan L
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for Easter weekend and had a fantastic time. The hotel is within walking distance of the town and the staff is wonderful. The food in the restaurant was great and the servers were super nice to our kids and brought them extras.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I booked this hotel after hearing and reading so many great things about the hotel. It is beyond what I could have imagined. We travelled by train from Rome to Salerno Train Station. I was able to email with the hotel staff, Giovanna and Teresa regularly me. Giovanna was able to arrange a pick up from Salerno Train Station last minute. The staff is exceptional. They make you feel at home and welcome from the moment you pull in. We stayed in a standard room with sea view. The room was very well kept, with a jacuzzi, shower, towel warmer, robes, etc. There is nothing that can compare to the view from the balcony. Breakfast and dinner were great. You have the same staff throughout your stay. The town center is only a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel, however they also offer a shuttle service 7am-10:30am and then again from 3p-6:30pm every half hour for free.

We are already looking for our next flight back. 5 days and 4 nights was not enough. No other view compares to what you see every day. The staff was phenomenal. I cannot wait to come back.

Room tip: Sea view room faces towards the ocean.
Date of stay: March 2018