“Gelato!!”

Ranked #92 of 115 Restaurants in Amalfi
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

My family ate gelato here 5 days in a row. Kept coming back given the awesome ice cream and very friendly owner. Second generation family owned and operated gelato shop. Price for 1 scoop ( which is a lot of ice cream and can always be a combination of 2 flavors) was very competitive with other shops in Amalfi. A few tables outside for eating and watching all the activity in the main square. Nothing better than Italian gelato!

Reviewed 8 July 2018

We recently spent 10 days in Amalfi and ate at some amazing places but Bar Royal was our go to for a moderately priced meal with friendly service.
Alphonso and Guilia always made us feel welcome and Alphonso's singing, well always a good laugh.
The secret here is to wait until the proper evening menu comes out.
On it, I regularly ordered chicken scallopine (A bargain at 11euro) which was perfect with a side salad of rocket and cherry tomatoes(Rucola e Pomodori). My wife loved their fish ravioli.
For those querying a cover charge, this is expected in Europe in pretty much everywhere you sit down. Here you are offered the privilege to be sitting in the main throughfare in Amalfi and it is a great place to people watch the evening away.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I own a restaurant in the United States that makes and sells fresh Gelato and Pizza, so I know a thing or two about Gelato and I can tell you that the product that you will get here is second to none! It is made with the AMAZINGLY FRESH local fruit of the Amalfi Italy area. To top it all of, the owner and workers are some of the NICEST people that I have ever met in my life!!! Please do yourself the pleasure of visiting this DELICIOUS place and you will not be disappointed!!

1  Thank Mathew J
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for ice cream after wandering around the town to get some relief from the heat. €20 euros for 2 ice creams and 2 cans of coke!! Daylight robbery. We sat outside in the shade but the smell of feaces was too much, a constant whiff of raw seweage, absolutely disgusting. The bathroom was disgusting too! Horrible experience.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Me and another 2 travelers I met on the Amalfi beach decided to go to Bar Royal for lunch. The staffs were singing and waving to us so we felt very invited. We ordered Spaghetti with clams & shrimps (vongole e gamberi), and it was very tasty eventhough the pasta was not as al-dente as the normal italian pasta is. The service was prompt and we did not wait long for our orders. At the end of the meal we found that they gave us eur 6 cover charge, at that time the restaurant was full so we did not want to make scene and pay as we felt entertained with the singing and the food was good.
Only 5 hours later I threw up as the food poisoning kicked in, but my 2 others friends were ok - so probably my bad luck - and because of this I felt we shouldn't have given the eur 6 cover charge.
Anyway average food. Won't come back.