1,458 results
All reviews electric blinds old town modern hotel huge shopping centre wooden floors corte ingles department store tourist bus stops science museum four star hotel ciudad de las artes coffee machine rent bikes outdoor pool big hotel city centre stayed here for nights
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We chose this hotel through Booking.com mainly because it advertised the bedrooms as 'Each one is soundproofed and has a work desk and laptop safe'. This is simply not true. We booked a double room and asked for one in a quiet area - we were given a room with 2 twin beds pushed together facing a very busy main road.

We complained at front desk and queried the 'soundproofed rooms' claim but they shrugged their shoulders and said they had no other double rooms - and that was that. The result was little sleep for 3 nights due to the road noise but we could also hear the people in the room upstairs walking about, people in the corridor outside and even people in the room next door flushing the toilet - absolutely not soundproofed. When we complained to Booking.com they contacted hotel reception who denied we had raised the issue with them - so basically they've called me and my wife liars. The hotel is quite nice and very clean but it's on a major through road and the traffic doesn't stop day or night. Their claims are clearly untrue so be very careful booking this hotel if you're looking for a peaceful stay - you won't get one.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We have stayed few days in this hotel, overall rating is quite good as the hotel is modern, rooms were big and nice, beds were comfortable and staff was quite nice. I was travelling with medication and as the minibar in the room was with too high temperature, hotel staff helped me to organize place to keep my medication in right conditions. Hotel is just one step from big commercial center, few Minutes from Aquarium and Arts zone. The only minus of this hotel is a big price for the parking. Breakfast is really good with a huge variety of choice.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I thought this was a pleasant stay, but it wasn't amazing. I had quite high expectations because the photos looked nice online and it's a 4 star hotel, plus lots of reviews sounded good, but I was a bit let down. I'll start with the good points:

PROS:
- Rooms were clean
- Location is great for the City of Arts and Sciences (which was our favourite part of Valencia to wander around)
- Nice patio area outside
- Close to lots of cafes and restaurants just around the corner, a lovely shopping centre with plenty of restaurants, and a supermarket across the road
- Very friendly staff
- Nice facilities

CONS
- The main hallway on our floor and our bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke
- The bed was uncomfortable and hard
- Pool area is way too small. There are only a handful of deck chairs available and the pool itself isn't big. We specifically looked for a hotel with a pool but ended up not getting to use it because it was always too busy and not very invitig.
- the sink in our bathroom didn't drain well

Overall the negative points didn't ruin our stay, we still had a lovely time in Valencia and were grateful for the location of the hotel. That said, I'm not entirely sure I would book again mainly because of the pool/beds, but for anyone looking for a nice hotel within walking distance of lots of things, it certainly does the job.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018

I have stayed in Hotel Medium (TERRIBLE)
TRYP hotel (fantastic, but i had a few complaints)
and now this one.... it has surprised me :)

Pros:
Beautiful hotel
Almost every single staff member was very friendly
Great location - everything I wanted was accessible.
Very comfy beds and pillows!
Really enjoyed the breakfast buffet, but they could bring in more healthy options that are filling.
Very friendly maids
All guests seemed friendly
Amazing hotel garden, especially at night, with beds/couches outside
Pool
selection of free sunbeds, and towels
electric blinds
great room interior and bathrooms, and corridors...everything
mini fridge in the room

Cons:
- Blonde haired lady at the outside bar, I got a weird vibe off her, and was slightly rude when we asked her for tissues for us to dry the chairs outside since it was raining, we wanted to sit on them under the cover. Maybe she was tired. One of the guys at the indoor bar seemed serious and agitated too.
- The air con was crazy - my room and my family's room had problems with it, even when they said they'd fix it. The AC isn't loud enough for people who want to sleep with a background noise, theres no degrees to dial up or down the temperature, it seems to turn off when it wants to, or stay super cold all night long. Weird air con.
- The pool is small, it was great but we wished it was bigger.

- Outside the hotel, and inside in the hotels garden, and in the pool area, people were smoking. It is disgusting. Its not a smoke free hotel, since people were smoking AND there are smoking rooms (mine smelt of smoke). Its evil to be forced to inhale cig. smoke, even if we are outside. We are not smokers, we do not wish to inhale it.

- Noises. I stayed here for 4 nights, and slept well on the most part. However, during my first night, i heard music and people talking next door, the window wasnt shut properly so i could here a few noises outside (it wasnt too bad) but the worst part was the banging. I stayed in room 218, Im pretty sure the banging came from upstairs. footsteps, dropping things, banging. at night. It stopped at around 1am. One morning i was awoken to constant banging and knocking from 8-9am, i could'nt sleep. It could've been from my 'neighbours' aswell. During the night it was good but before 1am there was constant noise - but Primus advertised 'soundproof rooms'. My family heard the same thing. I did not want to complain because i was in bed and wasnt sure who it was. Its not fair, because i tried my best to do everything quietly to not disturb anyone - especially during morning and night!

- Mattress - The beds were very comfy, but my mattress smelled really badly. The sheets were fine. Again, i did not want to complain and create drama, but it smelled horrible. Either it was a dirty old mattress, or it was new and had a mattress smell. I only smelt it a bit while i was awake.

I thought this hotel would not be good, but it was really good :) Very similar to TRYP hotel. its big and wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this modern hotel in a great location for three nights. Our room was clean and had everything we needed, although tea and coffee making facilities would have been nice. The lift could be a bit of a pain at times, as took a while to arrive at times. Pool area is good although a few more sun loungers in the garden area would have been nice. We didn’t eat at hotel so can’t comment on the food but what we saw looked nice. The location for me was it’s best point as it’s so close to some big attractions, as well as shops bars restaurants and cafes. It’s s fairly long walk in to the old town but it is possible and can get a bus if not fancy the walk. It’s also a short bus ride to the beach. On arrival at the airport we got the metro to the nearest station which was about a 10-15 minute walk to the hotel. I would certainly recommend the hotel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple