Hotel Alameda Plaza
US$126
US$85
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hotel Melia Valencia(Valencia)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$285
US$218
Westin.com
1,134 results
All reviewsthe holiday innold townscience museumswimming pool iswalking distancebusiness triprooftop bartourist busclean hotelartseuroscitycentregymspainminibar
Reviewed 3 November 2016

This hotel served a purpose, and served it well!
I visited with 3 of my friends and we requested rooms next to each other; this was fulfilled. The rooms were a great size and contained everything we needed. The reception staff were quite slow to check us in but I guess they have to be thorough.
The rooftop pool was lovely (although we didn't actually swim) was a great place for photos and relaxing after a day out exploring. I had read there was a rooftop bar but there was no sign of this.
The beds were very comfy and the air con worked well. I was really impressed at the heat and power of the shower, unusual in a big hotel.
Our only big disappointment was that the 24 hour room service...was not actually 24 hours. We requested food to be told it had finished.
A good base to explore the city, and the free map was very useful. Out of reception and turn right and you are basically in the city of Arts and Science. Everything else requires a taxi but there is a taxi rank right outside of the hotel so you never have to order or wait.
All in all, I would recommend to others and if I were to return to Valencia I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Natalie C
Reviewed 31 October 2016

location is cute near the science park yet that is the highlight.
Reception were pretty aloof and not forthcoming.
rooms adequate, clean but a little tired and showing wear.
breakfast very cramped and felt busy. very small for the size of hotel.
Gym had great views but was poor standard and the pool was no more than a plunge pool.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tonydrees
Reviewed 26 October 2016

We had Tea/Coffee facilities in the room although had no milk for my coffee on two mornings, not very good housekeeping.
It is functional & average, not somewhere you'd feel excited about staying. It's clean, fairly comfortable, and the staff were mostly pleasant.
Its 30 mins walk from the cathedral and 15 minutes from the science and art parks. There is a Taxi rank just outside, which is very handy and cheap.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Third time in Valencia, second time at this hotel. Got a great deal via alpharooms that included breakfast so was very pleased. Lovely spacious room, very clean, mini toiletries in the room as well as a hairdryer and free safe. Clean towels daily. All the staff were friendly. Right across the road from the beautiful gardens and a hop skip and a jump from the science museum etc. There's a small gym, roof terrace with small pool, small bar area and restaurant. Breakfast had all the basics (great if included with price, would not pay €13 pp though!). Food in the evening is also pretty basic. There's a few good eateries around. Italian Garden next door do nice pizzas. Lovely little pastry shop a couple of doors away to get coffee/bread/pastries for breakfast at a very reasonable price. Our favourite is the little outdoor cafe in the park near the science museum (try the potatas bravas or the Churros) Great food, great service and you can sit and people watch as long as you like. The taxi rank is right outside the hotel door. Transfers from/to the airport cost us around £25 each way (around 20 mins) which included the tip. A taxi into town costs around €10. Ask at reception for local bus numbers. Costs just a couple of euros for a trip to the town or beach. The big red bus tour is good value too, just €19 for 48hrs so you can see all the sites then use as a bus service. There's also a good supermarket just past the tennis centre for all your basics. The hotel is a little out of the way but it's just a lovely 20 min stroll through beautiful gardens to reach the town. We will certainly be back!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

I am not going to say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in; however, I did not enjoy my stay here at all.

The hotel itself is situated a little out of the city. Circa 20/25 minute walk to the bullring and about 25€ in a cab to the airport.

I was so disappointed by our room. The shower head was broken so that it sprayed water all over the bathroom, absolutely soaking the whole room. The basin tap had a similar problem. The minibar was absolutely filthy and, more distressingly, empty. To top it off, the phone was broken so we couldn't call down to report any of it.

We were in Valencia for a wedding and naturally I wanted to iron my shirt. There was no iron in the room so - given I couldn't call down - I went to reception to request one. I thought making this request three hours before I needed to leave was going to be ample time however the iron did not arrive for another 2hr 55min which made the morning stressful. When I went down to reception twice during this time to ask where it was, the receptionist seemed to find it all amusing. When the iron did arrive it was a huge contraption that I thought must have started life as a wallpaper stripper, but I have to say it was the best bloody steam iron I have ever used.

Similarly on my last night I wanted to order room service but as my phone hadn't been fixed I had to go down to reception to order it. The same reception guy sent me over to the restaurant where I waited for 20 minutes to be attended. The reception guy had full view of me waiting and again found it amusing.

It appears that at some point the hotel was a Holiday Inn and re-branded to the Alameda Plaza. I know this because all the menus and information leaflets are visibly Holiday Inn materials with cheap printed-out stickers overlaying the Holiday Inn logos. This is so telling of how much the management cares.

No idea how this place can get away with advertising as four stars.

5* iron, 2* everything else.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple