All reviews rooftop pool modern hotel sports bar great hotel main restaurant tapas spa facilities quality hotel didn't disappoint salt lake would highly recommend this hotel the ground floor busy road min drive bit out of the way room was large underground parking
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We had a great time there, I do not often give 5 stars but this one certainly does.
The reservation was easy and they after transport to and from Alicante Airport and to and from the Golf Courses.
They organised 6 games of golf for us and the transport and punctuality was excellent.
The staff were just wonderful, all young ladies who were very pleasant and accommodating.
Rooms were excellent, spotless and large.
Pool area was good on the roof but we had no time to try out the Spa.
The main restaurant was used for several dinners and all breakfasts, again very good with excellent service.
The bar was biased on sport and we had several bar dinners there.
Drawbacks? Taxi ride to town, but we knew that!
My friends would like to return next year.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Hotel Dña M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dna Monse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear AlexandBeth. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with all the readers here. We are happy to know that your stay here was great! We always work taking care of every detail to provide our guests an easy and satisfactory stay. We took charge of organizing everything you needed with great pleasure, because the most important thing for us is a satisfied client. We sincerely hope to see you soon and to receive you as you deserve. Best wishes from all the staff!

Reviewed 25 April 2018

I have stayed here twice (yes I came back). It was the nearest hotel to my brother, who had been very ill. It was convenient and served its purpose, certainly not a hotel for a holiday. The second time I visited my brother had taken a turn for the worse. It was a rush from UK to Spain to see him before he died. I booked two rooms for two nights, not knowing exactly what was going to happen. We didn't get to him in time. Therefore in the event we needed one room for one night and the other room for 4 nights to attend the funeral. I asked the receptionist if this was okay. She said yes. On the second day I was locked out of my room. On returning to reception she just shrugged and said if I wanted to get back into my room I would have to pay for the extra night on the second room which had been vacated by 9am after the first day. No matter how I explained the situation, she didn't care. I said had she told me this at the time someone could have stayed there. Not even a discount was offered as obviously no bedding or towels were used. The funeral was the next day and I had no choice but to pay another Euro83. It was their indifference that upset me. It was February, not exactly a busy time of the year.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Carol A
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights on a recent trip, the hotel is very modern, rooms are spacious and comfortable with all the usual amenities, reception staff ok, housekeeping is outstanding, sports bar is good, roof pool + area is lovely, restaurant is nice but me being vegetarian was an issue for them, they tried to do their best and were helpful but for the standard of this hotel + food it is unbelievable they don’t cater for vegetarians in this day and age, there were 2 starters but no main course option at all, with a bit of effort using the existing ingredients they have for other dishes on the menu a decent chef should be able to create a dish the same standard as the others on the menu, there is not much around the hotel so I felt stuck and didn’t feel I got the same quality/value as other diners but it is a lovely hotel and perfect for golfers, as long as you don’t have dietary requirements I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

First of all, the hotel itself is actually a nice looking, modern building with a nice interior design. However, the service and hidden charges frustrated me so much to the point I actually wish I had booked to stay somewhere else. I stayed for 4 nights in April 2018 however I am currently 2 nights into my stay. The low prices online make you think your bagging yourself a bargain but once you get here you have to pay for almost every other little thing. First of all, if you did not bring your own towel they charge you €3 for a towel for the pool plus a €10 Euro deposit. I have never been to a hotel where you pay to use a towel. There is no iron or ironing board, but instead you have to put your clothes through the laundry service to have them ironed, costing roughly €8 per item. They also charge you to use the spa downstairs, €15 for 90 minutes, €4 for slippers and €3 for a swim cap that are apparently mandatory, so you find yourself paying €22 for a dip in the indoor pool. The staff are not the most helpful either, we complained about these things and staff were uninterested and didn’t care at all. These things alone were frustrating enough to the point I found my stay uncomfortable and taken advantage of for my money. Won’t be back, there’s better places to stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Hotel Dña M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dna Monse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear Kylejg7. We are glad that you liked our hotel design, it provides a modern atmosphere, but without ceasing to be cozy. We want to clarify that at any time it is specified that the charges you mention are included. Of course, for the room the towels are free, but for the pool we have specially large towels available for our clients. We rent it at € 3/towel, and, as you say, we request a deposit of € 10/towel, which we refund when the client returns the towel at the end of him/her stay. We don't have iron for the rooms, but we have laundry service, and inside the closet we leave a paper with all the prices referring to this service in case the client needs it. The outdoor pool on the terrace is free for our guests, but about the Spa, the Wellness Circuit has a price of € 15/person. For healthy reasons, it is mandatory to use swimming cap and flip flops,and our Spa offers them to buy if the client has not brought them, as a complementary service. We know that you transferred your discontent to our staff, and that they offered you the services available according to what you requested. We regret that you thought that everything you requested was included in the price of your reservation, but we always explain clearly the services and we don't hide any extra charge. Each client has a booking confirmation with the services that he/she has hired and that he/she has included. We regret that you had a wrong idea about the extra services and you thought they were free, but nowhere is it specified that they are. Best regards.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I stay in hotels a lot. And one thing I enjoy at the end of the day is a dip in the pool. So usually select a hotel that has one. All too often a European hotel will let them-self down but charging extra for these facilities.
15€ for 90 minutes here. Not even per 24 hour. Or per day. Plus a hat is mandatory @ 3€ and flip flops at 4€. So that’s 22€ for a quick dip in a pool. Ridicules.
That unless you come here in the summer. The. Your be very happy. The rooftop pool and bar are stunning. Very well designed and looks high quality. The views across the salt lakes are beautiful.
The hotel itself is obviously fairly new. The rooms are clean, modern and huge beds, a desk, TV, built in wardrobe with safe, nice art work of the lake on the wall and a good size.
The bathroom is one of the nicest I’ve seen. And done to a high quality. The only annoying thing is the extractor fan never stops. So if you’re a light sleeper, bring ear plugs or you have no chance.
The location is ok if you have a car and won’t be drinking. Nowhere is walkable. There is a ‘sports bar’ on the ground floor. But they only have Spanish channels. So no English football or rugby. Just a few small TVs up on the walls. They also have a small selection of tapas. Amstel on draft and a few bottled beers. Plus the usual selection of spirits. No atmosphere though. Very quiet.
Best option is to drive 15 mins to the beach/marina area. Nice bars and restaurants to watch the sun set.
May come back in the summer just to experience the rooftop pool.
Make the pool/gym free for guests and it would be 4.5/5.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank PaulLondonTraveller
Hotel Dña M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dna Monse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Dear Paul. Thank you for sharing your opinion with all the readers. We are delighted that you liked you room, because we care a lot for our guest's comfort. We will check the extractor fan to know if we can find a quieter solution. About our Sport Bar, It is usually very lively, but it depends on the moment of the day. On the other hand, we think that 15 € per person is a reasonable price to use during 90 minutes the climatized pool (with jaccuzzi in its corner), Turkish sauna and Finnish sauna, independently of it is used all that time or only a few minutes. And we are sorry, but for hygienic reasons, it's it is mandatory to use swimming hat and flip flops to enter to the Spa. The gym is totally free entrance for our guests, with a wide opening hours (07:00 - 22:00 / 07:00 - 21:00 on Sundays). We hope that, in general, you had a nice stay, and we will be happy to welcome you if you would like to visit us again. Best wishes.