“Carlos v top place”

Carlos V Apartments
Ranked #70 of 109 Speciality Lodging in Benidorm
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Still great been going years prefer now to have a main desk due to crime rate around there but excellent central clean rooms and apartment block entertainment right on the door step would recommend talk of the coast rockafellas morgans tavern palladium cafe benidorm and stardust has a amazing screen for the sport music bar

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights recently, thought the prison review was very funny
Good location
Rooms adequate
Only one towel
Fairly loud at night (was on 7th floor) but quite hammered so wasn't a problem
Gates get locked at night and security go home so if you or friends don't have the key it could be a problem waking them
Didn't use pool so can't comment

Overall not as bad as soon have suggested

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank steve c
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights, found it mostly clean not like what some of the reviews I read, we had two bedrooms & a sofa bed for 5 of us which was adequate, lovely big veranda but not enough seats, just basic no kettle to make a cup of tea or coffee, the only pan didn't fancy using that to boil water in was burnt at the bottom, get what you pay for, very cheap, only one could use the Internet at a charge

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Having read some of the reviews for Carlos V Apartments ahead of my first trip to Benidorm for a stag do, I was hesitant to say the least. I stayed for two nights I felt compelled to log on here and tell everyone about the best council estate themed hotel in all of Benidorm.

Firstly, I have to say this is by far the worst place I have ever stayed in my life and, unless I have a breakdown and commit a significant crime which lands me in a Panamanian prison, would like to think it will remain so.

I'll start with the positives... the water pressure was phenomenal. Like, seriously, you could have jet washed your block paving with the shower head and been worried that the force was going to break your bricks. Next - The balcony was big enough to sleep three people (I'll be explaining why that's important later). That's about it.

The negatives... the place is a tip. It's unclean, dirty and dingy. There was a poo in the toilet when we got there and it really wasn't out of place.

The location is good if you don't want to walk more than 10 yards for a beer in a rowdy bar and don't plan on sleeping at all. But if you want any kip whatsoever probably avoid this place. It's also good if you're on the prowl for a prostitute. They hang out outside for most of the evening. There's a cage that keeps them out of the building itself though, so it's perfectly fine, obviously. One of the lads on our stag saw some bloke slotting a lady of the night in the alley next to the swimming pool/outdoor bathtub at 6am. There was also some fella in a baseball cap hanging around the corridors who thought it was acceptable to walk into people's apartments uninvited. I'm not sure if he was a cat burglar or a pimp, but I don't think the details really matter.

Moving away from the dark side of Benidorm and onto the more light-hearted bits... the rooms don't have air-con. It was 35 degrees when we were there and one lad in our apartment moved to the balcony to try to get a comfortable sleep one night (it was a bit quieter on the balcony than in the rooms too!). The fire alarm was going off for about 2 hours in the middle of the night and there was no one there to sort it out. The owners will provide you with half a roll of toilet paper, at best. There were 19 people in our party across 4 or 5 apartments and we'd all been drinking heavily before arrival. Needless to say we all ran out of toilet paper after about 2 hours. You can ask for more toilet roll but you won't get any. I got caught short and had to use a dual technique of bidet and jet-wash-shower-head. Ants everywhere. Litter everywhere. Faeces, well not everywhere, but not nowhere. All I'm saying is the place was cleaner when we left than when we arrived. Carlos V makes Manuel from Faulty Towers look like hotel/casino tycoon Steve Wynn and Consuela from Family Guy look like popular television personalities Kim Woodburn and Aggie MacKenzie incarnate.

One of my mates walked into his room and immediately went for a walk to find a hotel to stay in instead. He took a £150 per night hit. He didn't say anything bad about Carlos V but I got the feeling he didn't really like it there.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 12 June 2017

If you're on a Hen/Stag and want no sleep, prostitutes outside your apartment, apartment not cleaned in 3 days 1 toilet roll this is the place for you! If you're a family and thinking of going you'll regret it badly! you're in between The Red Lion and Rocky's i was on a stag but still needed some sleep, no chance! shower was good and powerful though, room was rife with Mosquitoes

Room Tip: Take ear plugs