All reviews sea view old town elite room great hotel directly opposite the beach basic toiletries view room poniente beach sun terrace spanish folk excellent location stayed bed and breakfast hotel door spanish hotel free upgrade short walk churros
Reviewed 23 May 2015

Four of us stayed here in 2 rooms in May 2015. The Hotel is straight across the road from the beach, and is spotlesly clean. Getting a Sea-View room is a must, as the view from the room balcony is brilliant. The hotel safe was reasonably priced at 1 Euro 80 cents a day, and the bottled water, served at meal times, was also reasonably priced at 1 Euro 20 cents. The drinks in the Hotel Bar were also reasonably priced. The Hotel caters for mainly Spanish people but there were quite a few English people there while we were staying, including a Hen Party. The Hotel is beautifully situated in the Old Town, with a very quiet road straight in front of the Hotel front door. Breakfast was fine, but don't expect a Full English every morning. One day there would Bacon and Fried Eggs, other days it would be Bacon, Fried Eggs and Beans, other days it would be Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, and Tomato's. There was always plenty to eat, but never a Full English. My wife and her friends said the Salad Bar at Dinner time was well stocked, and there was a Chef always cooking fresh meat and fish to order. It did seem that Pork appeared to be on the menu every day along with other meats, so if you like Pork, you will be alright here. The dining room is not very large, and occasionally people had to queue at the door until a table became available. We paid £25 a night for a Sea-View Room with Full Board. Believe me, at that price, this hotel is one of the best I've stayed at in Spain - at that price. All four of us agreed that the next time we go to Benidorm, we will definitely stay at this Hotel.

Room tip: Make sure you get a Sea-View.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank chowdray
Reviewed 19 May 2015

We stayed in a Sea View room from 10th-17th May 2015. Once again we really enjoyed our stay. Definately worth the little extra for the sea view rooms.The Hotel guests are mainly Spanish and Dutch but we enjoyed this and really enjoyed the atmosphere in the Hotel Bar, listening to a Spanish lady singing and watching them dance etc. The lady behind the bar (sorry never got your name) was lovely, very helpful and accommodating.

The staff were always polite and the meals were ok. Again if your expecting a full English breakfast everyday, then this hotel is not for you, we never had a problem with the food and enjoyed it.

I found an item of Jewellery in the Safe and handed it to the Manager of the Hotel, who assured me he would try and track down the owner and let me know, obviously I am waiting in anticipation and hoping the Hotel is as honest as I am with regard to this. We will be back for a third time!!!

Top Tips:

If you have a slow walk in to the "new town" jump on the number 2 to get back, it's 1.5 euros and drops you off right outside the hotel. Or vice versa jump on the number 2 outside the hotel and go up to cala finastrat and have a slow walk back.

The lads in re-fuel bar to the left of the hotel are lovely and serve beautiful salads.

Room tip: Must book a Sea View
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karen P
HMontemar-Benidorm, Propietario at Hotel Montemar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and your lovely comments about our Hotel.

Regarding the object found in your room's safe deposit box, we are making the necessary arrangements to contact the clients who stayed in the room prior to you through their travel agency. If the owner of the lost object doesn't claim it within one year, you are entitled to pick it up from the hotel yourself.

We appreciate your interest in the subject.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 13 May 2015 via mobile

Very clean. Very convenient for the beach. Perfect in fact. Rooms very good and clean. If you go get a beach view room (front) of the hotel unless you want waking at 5.30am by bin lorries and service yard noise. Food I must say Ij wasn't overly impressed with. Breakfast was like a cattle market. Chaos. Dinner salad bar was nice. But main course not great. I would go back. But for the price of food in surrounding area I'd go room only.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Leicesterlassy
Reviewed 4 May 2015

I chose this hotel because of good reviews on the web but I'm very disappointed. The view from our windows was amazing but there's nothing else I would save. It's almost impossible to sleep well in this hotel, since rooms have so thin walls you can hear every single word from your neighbours. Wifi signal was very bad in our room and TV is very small. Definitely not a 3*** hotel for me!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2015

Stayed here in July 2014 for my hen party, really impressed with our room, the group all had sea views, no swimming pool but with the sea a stone throw away who needs a pool. Would decently stay here again, great location, very clean place Benidorm is amazing will come back.

Room tip: Ask for a sea view room.
Date of stay: July 2014