“An Excellent Weekend”

Ranked #30 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Liverpool
“An Excellent Weekend”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Absolutely loved it, the room was overlooking the beach and although it wasn't a massive room it was ample enough with plenty of room and a fridge( which was a plus) spotlessly clean throughout the hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful the food and the dining facilities were pretty good and as for the price of a drink it was very reasonable and among the best i've come across in hotels anywhere.
Although the hotel is away from the centre the transport was excellent and the bus stop was a few hundred yards away and the busses ran very frequently to the centre of Benidorm, although if you walked down to the beach it was a lovely walk to the centre( just a bit of advice to the infirm, the hotel is situated up quite a steep hill).
Both my wife and myself would stay there again and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

As for Benidorm itself we were pleasantly surprised to find that in the old town there are Tapas bars galore and excellent Spanish food, we had a good wander up and down the maze of back streets and kept on finding fabulous little places hidden away where the vino and brandy was really good and although you wouldn't go to Benidorm on a culture trip(if you want that then go to Madrid and Valencia etc.) its a great place out of season for a long break and the weather is usually very good.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a sea view and on the upper floors( we were on the 10th floor)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlanLiverpool

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We got a hotel room with an incredible sea view. The food was amazing, and the service was also great. We ate all over meals at the hotel in a week, and we didn't get tired of the food at all. Incredible! The hotel wasn't in the centre of Benidorm, but 300 meters from the hotel, there was a bus stop, that took us right to the centre of Benidorm.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Ceciliedd
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Our third stay at the Torre Dorada and yet again it didnt dissapoint. Great staff who are the people that make the difference. The food was excellent again, and this time becuase the hotel was quiet, the chef was pleased to freshly cook items to order. The room was kept clean and when we requested additional pillows they were supplied with no delay or fuss. The only point I would make is that the beds tend to be too hard for me, but that is proably a personal choice and not a fault

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bravo008
Conwy
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Spent a week in this hotel during the last week of August with my daughter and my brother and his son. I had requested a sea view room for myself and my daughter and was slightly dissapointed to be given a corner room with a side sea view on the fifth floor - the room was a bit on the small side so my brother gallantly let me have his room which had more space and a larger balcony and a lovely mountain view. A lot of the reviews on here say that the corner rooms are large so perhaps the higher the floor the better and to be fair the receptionist did her best to put our rooms close together. We arrived late evening and a cold supper had been kept for us - you will always find this with servigroup hotels. We were full board - you will often find that the difference between half and full board is minimal in Spanish type hotels and the buffet food was always delicious - trouble was the desserts were to die for and you can help yourself to delicious ice cream from a machine - we love to eat out when we go abroad but the food was just so good that we just didn't get round to it !! I would have a bottle of wine with my evening meal and I liked the fact that I could take it out with me to finish at leisure on the patio where we liked to sit and chill for a while after dinner.
Having stayed at the Gran Bali a few years ago I knew what to expect from the location and chose it purposely as we wanted a quiet holiday this time. The fantastic thing about Benidorm is that you can be totally in the thick of things in the new town - or you can be in the hustle and bustle of the picturesque old town or you can be in the location of this hotel in a much quieter Spanish area. I personally prefer the Spanish hotels along with the Spanish clientelle - if I stay in the new town I prefer the Pueblo hotel as a large proportion of their clientelle happen to be Spanish even though they are in the so called "English Section" of Benidorm !! If you want English entertainment every night then this hotel is not for you - you need to look at hotels such as the Ambassador etc - however that is not to say that the animation team at this hotel weren't friendly to the English - quite the opposite, they always made a fuss of my 8 year old nephew and my teenage daughter and the couple of nights that we stayed at the hotel we enjoyed. I loved that fact that there was no sunbed bagging - the Spanish simply don't do it and there was always plenty of sunbeds and the pool was lovely for our children to play in and for me to have a much needed swim ! I read in an earlier review that you could reach the beach down some steps - so off I went for an afternoon walk - I really don't recommend doing this unless you are very fit - they go on for ever - I think I would have had a heart attack if I had taken the children with me as there is no rail and they are very steep !!! If you walk past the gran bali and follow the road you will find the supermarket - it shuts on a Sunday though as I found out to my dismay after hiking down there to buy water for our room !!! Its a great supermarket though and if you like a tipple on your balcony you will find Cava for less than 2 euro's and good prices on spirits and beer. When we stayed at the Gran Bali we went to the beach nearly every day - its a lovely walk, however in the Torre Dorada we liked the pool area so much we tended to stay there. You can walk along the beach to the old town and as stated in earlier reviews there are bus stops right outside the Gran Bali - we found the taxi's really reasonable though - I have been going to Benidorm for many years and have never been overcharged by a taxi - do pay a visit to the high point which is between the Levanti and Ponienti beaches - the views are spectacular and in the evenings have lovely stalls and crafts going on all around. A last mention for this hotel has to go to the staff - always pleasant and friendly - even when rushed off their feet !

Room Tip: I would have loved a room with a full on sea view however the views of the mountains are really spec...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank LorraineConwy
Hoteles_Servigroup, Customer Service at Servigroup Torre Dorada, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear LorraineConwy,

We want to thank the kind comments made from our hotel through Tripadvisor. It is a great pleasure for us to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Regarding your sea view request, we have to say that we are unable to guarantee requests as they depend on availability, but the hotel always tries it´s best to provide them.
We have to say that there is no need to go down the steps, you can also reach the beach through a lift that is situated in the solarium of the hotel and takes you 3 storeys down to the bottom part and then there is only a very little walk to the beach.
We hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,
Customer Service.
London
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Having just returned from an 8 day Christmas break in Benidorm,we stayed in the ...Torre Dorado...,we where on the 11th floor,the rooms where comfortable and kept very clean,the views where amazing and my balcony Huge,the staff friendly and efficient, the food was good with a great selection the christmas gala meal was 5 courses with wine etc....the drinks very reasonable, all in all a good time was had by all......Well worth a visit..

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank David2250
Hoteles_Servigroup, Customer Service at Servigroup Torre Dorada, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Dear David2250,

We would like to thank your comments about our hotel and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Kind regards,