“Wonderful Staff and Hotel more like a 4 star than a 3”
Review of Presidente Hotel

Presidente Hotel
Ranked #16 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed 18 August 2017

One of the best hotels that I have stayed in Benidorm over the years I have been going.

Staff were second to none always wanting to help however they could.

The restaurant offered a good variety of food and had themed night which at other hotels can be a nightmare for choice but not here. Themed food is on top of the standard offering.

Free WiFi that available throughout the hotel that is suitable for video chats back home was a nice touch.

Hotel is in a great location in Benidorm not far from the outdoor or indoor market and easy to get to the beech. Additionally if you are going for the nightlife it is literally on your doorstep.

One thing that could be improved upon during the renovation would be to provide better access for disabled people, the ramp into the hotel is barley wide enough and when we stayed in August they switch from asking people to park mobility scooters in the hotels car park to the luggage room inside the hotel.

Another thing that might give some people a bit of a surprise is that you need to rent out a TV remote for 10 euro but you get it back on checkout. This didn't really bother us as we don't go on holiday to watch the TV. Other amenities such as a safe and a fridge can be hired for 15 euro a week (no deposit return for either of these).

As said in the title the official star rating for this hotel is a 3* but Jet2 class it as a 3*+ once the renovation is complete I am sure this hotel will reopen with a 4* rating.

Once the renovation is complete I will definitely be looking forward to staying at the Presidente again.

Room Tip: Poolside view ensures sunshine
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Presidente Hotel

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The hotel was in a great location, with a street view you were not short of entertainment! The rooms are a bit tired and dated, but it is just about to be renovated. Knowing that it wasn't too bad!

Reception staff were not the most helpful I have to say. We were celebrating a 25th wedding anniversary in the family whilst there so asked reception if they could do anything but we were told NO, only for birthdays! (You have a birthday every year.... 25 years of marriage seems a big celebration to me!).
The guy on the reception was really not helpful, some of the ladies were better though.
We had a really stressful checkout. We asked for a late checkout and were told to ask the day before leaving. They didn't have a room which was fine but we were told we could use a room, we didn't have to book, and it was no problem. Then on the day, keeping in mind there was 8 of us all together - they started phoning the room after 15 minutes saying we were taking too long, we were only allowed 1 minute per person!! Needless to say it was not the best end to our holiday!! HAHA

Anyway, more about the hotel.

If you want a bed at the pool you need to be up early and in the queue waiting for it to open! Definitely do not have enough sun beds. It is a nice pool though, and no steps to get in so great for anyone with mobility problems. Pool bar was fine too and serves snacks all day.

The main bar was good enough too... but I really hope new outside chairs are in the renovations budget. Sitting on them left dents all over the back of your legs and got quite sore after a while! (Also not the best look when you are all dressed ready to go out!!)
The girl in the bar was very friendly but some of the guys were rather grumpy!!

The rooms were fine, shower was FAB but would be nice to just have the shower, not over the bath.

The food was OK, we managed to eat every time we went. But as all hotels you start seeing the same things and get sick of it.
One thing I would say is that if you are a vegetarian who doesn't like salad then it is not the place for you!! It was a shame that they added meat to pretty much everything! I am not a vegetarian (but 2 in the group were) and I found it strange myself. Peas and onions - they add ham. Chickpea curry - they add meat, there was quite a few dishes that it was just un-necessary.
The guys in the restaurant were very friendly, made you smile every time.

So all in all, I would go back, great location, food was good enough, and the rooms were not too bad at all!

Room Tip: Street side you get a view and some entertainment, and once the door is closed you don't hear an...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017

My first time at this hotel and it didn't disappoint what can I say staff absolutely fantastic especially the dining room staff who manage to make everyone feel welcome and give a personal touch (Well done Dani, Pascal) The hotel itself had everything you could want comfy beds, great food (far better than others in Benidorm) Pool nice atmosphere. Large rooms. Right in the centre for everything and right next door to surprise attack pub which is lovely to watch the world go by. We had a pool side room which was perfect for us I was told on the top floor you could see the see but we were happy with our room. The walls are quite thick and we did not get disturbed by others. I carnt wait to go back! I do believe the cleaners could do a little better with cleaning the bedrooms great when you first go in but not so good on a daily basis. We went on a trip to the waterfalls Algorfa we booked this with the reps in the hotel. The day itself was amazing and worth every penny and its not too far to travel to the falls. The only thing is we ordered packed lunch and wasn't told you cannot take food into site and with it been a waterfall we did not want to take too much money! Anyway lockers are available at the site and you can get food from various places outside the falls. Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel really friendly staff . Food is good accommodation needs updating and the beds are the hardest I have ever come across . Had a room overlooking the street which was very noisy over the weekend ambulances and police cars non stop till well after 5 am . Surprise attack bar which is attached to the hotel is fantastic great music and amazing staff.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I have been coming here for a number of years now. Last year there were far too many loud and rude hen and stag parties spoiling it for families and regulars, but this year I'm pleased to say there was none of that. The staff welcomed us back and were kind enough to ensure we had a lower floor room as my friend has to walk with the aid of a stick. We had booked a twin, pool view so you don't have the noise of the bars along the main street. Our room was clean and comfortable with a spacious balcony. In addition to 2 plastic chairs and small table, there is a small washing rack which is ideal for hanging out our swimming cossies and flannels. The hotel is well run and the staff always helpful. There is plenty of sun bathing areas on the ground by the pool or upstairs there's a terrace. We opted for full board and the choices of food by buffet are plentiful and constantly replenished. They put on a special most nights too so could range from seafood to ribs. We were pleased to see the Mr Whippy ice cream machine still going strong! The location of the hotel is ideal as only 5 mins walk to the beach one way or 5 mins walk the other way to the market (every Sunday and Wednesday morning). There is plenty of shops or nightlife action within walking distance. We look forward to our return next year!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends