“Wow”

Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Well what can I say this hotel is brilliant nearly everything was perfect the rooms where big and spacious bathrooms were massive everything was clean and tidy the workers all smiled and did there jobs brilliantly the food and drink was above average especially the snack bar where we ate everyday several times lol...the pool area was a nice size and on some days did struggle to find sun beds as ppl put towels down at 8.30 and left them there all day daytime entertainment was ok could of been a few more games but my biggest bug bear was the evening entertainment is was totally rubbish omg line dancing oaps is definitely not for me to the point we had to go out most nights I hope it's better next year when we will be returning

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Shaun G
SandosMonaco, Guest Relations Manager at Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Shaun G
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post your review here on TripAdvisor.
We are so pleased to read that you had a lovely holiday and enjoyed the facilities at the hotel.
We can only apologise if you didn't enjoy the entertainment during your stay and for any inconvenience in finding a sunbed on some days.
We hope that this will not deter you from coming to see us again and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.
Guest Service

Write a ReviewReviews (3,550)

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Wow, what a hotel, i say this with my hand on my heart if I said anything negative about this hotel, it would be a total lie.
We flew with Jet2 what a fantastic airline " other airlines are available " got to the hotel and the first thing that hits you is that my lord is it efficiently run, the reception staff are unflappable and explain everything really well being that English is not their mother tongue.
My partner had emailed them with 2 requests, bang it was done, the customer service here is above and beyond.
We went to our room, and boy was it fab!!!
We paid for the select package and it really was money well spent, spa, home comforts, filled fridge of drink, snacks and branded drinks in the select lounge, it's the little touches like this that make your holiday.
The entertainment staff ( so embarrassing, I can't remember their names but they went above and beyond. ( management do everything you can to keep these two ladies)
I can't remember not seeing either of the girls around the place..
The maid was fantastic the wonderful lady who sorted our room was called Norma, she was so good we left a tip ( sorry if I got her name wrong, we were in room 707 )
If you wanted a sunbed by the pool in a particular space then you must wait by the doors at 8:30 as long as you went down by at least 10:30 you would get a bed around the other area ( remember we went in August, mega busy)
The food served by the pool was great cheese burgers, pizza, chips, even a kebab and one of the hotel chefs cooked it and you would see on occasion getting stuck in cleaning the area.
Spoke with the customer service manager Nicky who was very very helpful, what she didn't know wasn't worth knowing, and my word her Spanish was exceptional.
Apart from the entertainment staff who went around and made sure to say hello to all the guests, the biggest shout out should go to the bar staff and restaurant staff, they were very patient, very helpful, and one of the biggest assets to Sandos Monaco Hotel.
I wish I had a better memory but David ( appreciated my limited Spanish and helped me with it when I asked), Alberto( this bloke should be on stage, entertained but still did his job) Rueben who was like a machine kept the bar going forward quickly and was always aware who was next to be served) Paqui don't think I spelt her name righty but what a dynamo you ask for your drink bosh done. Then the two guys who I can't remember their names a guy with a goaty and a guy who I think was in charge, I can't remember their names because bam they were here there and everywhere, never stopped.
So if you'd like my honest opinion ( and I've not told you everything about the place in case you get bored of the praise) go to the Sandos Monaco you will not regret it.
The thing about the Monaco is that its between the old and new part of Benidorm so you will get the very best of both

3  Thank Sh1471

Dear Sh1471
What an absolute joy to read your review, very entertaining!! Thank you ever so much for such kind words about your recent stay at Sandos Monaco.
I don't think there is anyone that you haven't mentioned which is lovely. I will pass your positive comments on to all our hard-working staff as they all do a wonderful job and they are all a credit to have at the hotel.
We are so glad that you had a fantastic holiday from start to finish, including your flight with Jet2 and we hope to see you again very soon.
Once again, thank you very much indeed for your comments.
Kind regards from sunny Benidorm.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

What can we say this hotel is amazing from the minute you step through the sliding doors. Friendly reception staff always there with a smile and ready to help, the rooms are amazing in the all inclusive select that we booked. Lovely spa set waiting on the bed with the swan towel, bathroom full of accessories beautiful attention to detail.

The lovely entertainment organisers, the waiting staff at breakfast, lunch and dinner amazing and friendly too.

We will most definitely be back again wouldn't hesitate recommending this to anyone and also special thanks to Kim at Stewart travel in Ayr for recommending it.

4  Thank Vivienne M
SandosMonaco, Guest Relations Manager at Sandos Monaco Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Vivienne M
What a delight to read your comments!
It really sounds as though you had an amazing experience at Sandos Monaco and that you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves.
We will pass your positive remarks on to the staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon in our hotel.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel as a last minute break being familiar with Benidorm knew the location was very central for both old and new town and set back from the main drag which is ideal. Hotel was great very clean and food if a good standard in a fussy eater but always found more than enough to eat, salad always fresh and cold!! Hot food plenty of it from standard buffet to main cooking stations. Staff were so friendly and worked so hard are a real credit to the hotel. Personally I would not waste money doing up grade as the room which was allocated for this was more of a fish bowl with help yourself optics, news papers and standard couches and arm chairs. We found if you ask at the "standard bars" for premium vodka etc you were given it. The only downside to this hotel is the sun terrace and pool area it does get crowded maybe this was due to the time of year we visited im not sure but I would book this hotel again good value. I personally didn't visit the spa (I do regret it) everyone said it was great and was open until 8/9pm

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue K

Dear Sue K
Thank you for your five-star review here on TripAdvisor.
We really appreciate that you took the time to share your comments with other viewers and we are really pleased that you enjoyed the selection of wonderful food in the restaurant. It is a real shame that you didn't manage to try out the Spa circuit which is open from 10am until 10pm every day, this is a brilliant way for people to relax.
We hope that one day you will come back and see us.
Kind regards from sunny Benidorm.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my husband! Lovely hotel very clean lovely staff! We had access to the club select lounge which was great and had no problems taking drinks out of the room as some people have previously said! Lovely food too. The pool is quite in the shade but never had a problem getting sunbeds and towels are provided! We usually went to the beach which was a five minute walk and was actually pretty quiet for this time of year! The only downfall from this hotel is the room staff start work pretty early (we where told 10am but was much earlier) unless you are on floor 16 then the scraping noises of furniture being moving around was really annoying so if you are deciding on being out late and want a lie in ask for top floor! I would definately recommend this hotel

1  Thank donsmi0808

Dear donsmi0808
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your recent stay at Sandos Monaco with all our other viewers.
We are really pleased to read that you had a fabulous time with us and enjoyed all the amenties of the Select lounge etc.
Please accept our apologies if you were at all inconvenienced with the cleaning department during your stay, we will take into consideration your comments in order to improve our service.
We hope that this will not deter you from coming to see us again and we look forward to seeing you in the not too distant future.