All reviewsmain benidormhen weekendloo rollbasic hotelroom deposithigher floorbad reviewsapartment was cleanbars and restaurantsshort breaknice poolmin walkcalafabclubslaugh
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful time at the el faro , yes it’s basic but I found it clean and friendly
I found Maggie very helpful and nice with my sisters and I, she gave us advice on the area and where to go also she went out of her way to provide us with a toaster ( even though they were not supplied ) and no deposit was taken
We have been home for 1 week and we have rebooked for this hotel
Your holiday is what you make it so thanks Maggie for making it better .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for four days with my fiance and another couple. The rooms were absolutely filthy looked like they hadn't been cleaned in forever and very dated. No cleaner came near our room during our stay, I didn't see one the whole four days. Bar was very over priced and the only food on offer was cheap oven pizzas that tasted like sick. Pool area is very basic, most sun lounges are broken and don't think they have ever been cleaned. Pool water dirty looking with chipped tiles everywhere. On 3rd day I asked for a towel and toilet roll and was toilet no it was a minimum of four days i had to be there before I was entitled to any of these. Place is a dive with very rude, unhelpful staff!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2017

my room was on the 12th floor, which meant using the stairs.... more than 3 x a day as i dislike lifts..... but all out group where placed on the same floor.... fabulous views of the gorgeous beach. We has a corner room so the balcony was huge. Cleaners didnt come during our 4 day trip and we had to request towels on the 3rd day for changing... i think they forgot. The lady checking us in was a little grumpy, not very approachable so stayed away from her (lol) , she did lighten up though when she realised my group of friends were not the rowdy ones lol..... Not enough sun loungers and most of them where broken. The advertisement was that there was a gym. This was not something that belonged to the hotel and a fee of 10 euro a day was required as it was a public gym. There wasn't much going on at the hotel but there was a bar , which was handy for a few drinks before going to town. You get what you pay for and we as a group were more than happy with the hotel and its amenities. We spent most of the time on the beach and/or in the bars and clubs of the new town. Was nice to have a place for some quiet.

short walk to the beach, which was gorgeous, cleanest beach i have seen for a while. A short walk to bars and cafe's in the area. The hotel is about a 20 minute walk to the old town. The number 3 bus stops outside the hotel or near to it, we always missed it. 10 euro in a cab to the new town, where all the night life is.

Room Tip: lower floors would be best, the corner rooms are bigger and breezier and have bigger balconies
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2017

The most basic of basic apartments. The bathroom had leaking taps in the bath and hand sink. There was no enamel left on the bath. The tiles were cracked and not clean..the towels were only changed once during our stay and we were given old beach towels that had probably been left behind by someone else. Our sheets were not changed and our rubbish bin was only emptied once. Never again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Our group visited these apartments last year and after reading the reviews, we were all pleasantly surprised and decided to visit again on our annual 4 night trip.

We are a well travelled group of professional women and have fallen in love with the location of El Faro. It is a stone throw from one of the best beaches in Europe and there a many delightful Spanish restaurants along the front to enjoy lunch and a glass of wine whilst catching up and watching the world go by. Indeed, if you prefer the British bars on the strip, it is a 10 euro taxi ride.

So the hotel is a little worn and tired but I can live with this for the location and the price we paid and certainly would not expect 5 star surroundings. The staff are very accommodating and Maggie on reception has lived in the area for many years and is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Be careful if you are booking with family or want a quiet holiday and sometimes throughout the year the apartments are popular with stags and hens although we have been told that August is a quieter month. In fact, I believe we were the only British at the hotel as most guests were Spanish.

Anyway, we love the El Faro and will be booking again for next year. The only reason I have not awarded a rating of 5 is because of lack of air con although fans are available.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends